Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Disable Friendly Fire

Here you can find answered ScriptAPI topics.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
The_JOKER
Fighter
Fighter
Title: I'm Korean JOKER :)
SFD Account: JOKER_Korea
SFD Alias: JOKER
Started SFD: April 2016

Disable Friendly Fire

Post by The_JOKER » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 am

On D-Day map, they keep shooting teammates, lots of players dying by same team.

I'm not sure if it is possible with scripts, but It would be great if it is possible
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:31 pm

The_JOKER wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 am
On D-Day map, they keep shooting teammates, lots of players dying by same team.

I'm not sure if it is possible with scripts, but It would be great if it is possible
Since bullet handling isn't available on the current SFD version we cannot know who fired that bullet and so preventing friendly fire.

Another way could be my AI project, it uses raycast for avoiding to shoot enemy behind a wall and might recognize an ally in his trajectory and so stop shooting, the only problem is that It's still not finished and the maximum NPCs amount that can use the AI script are up to 8 due for serious performance issues.

I can adapt the raycast for trying to avoid your NPCs to shoot each other, I think this could reduce the performance issue but you will to wait a bit, unless someone could found a better solution for your problem.
0 x