Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Re: New marker suggestions

Post by Gurt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm

The timing is good on the camera marker suggestion as we "soon" need such triggers. We will most likely take some inspiration from the marker visuals.
3 x
Gurt

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 am

Hello people, especially Gurt and Hjärpe!

I have been using the Editor for a very long time. I am a sworn SFD map maker. I really love the Editor and making stuff with it.
With this knoledge and experience I want to suggest a couple of things to make it even better.

1. Please, take this serious, we really need a searcher in the Editor:
It could appear with ctrl+F, and it would allow us to multiple select items with CustomId, Object type (Like, Objects, Items, Solid Tiles...) or jsut Tile name. The selection could work just like selecting a layer does. In very large maps finding some parts and changing stuff is very hard sometimes.

2. Group marker fixing.

Group marker spawns the specified group in the position it is built in the editor. Even if the Groupmarker is moved, the group spawns where it is built in the editor. I would really like it if the spawned objects could use Local coordinates with the marker instead of Global. Let's have a scenario where the position of marker is (0,0), and object's position is (0,4). When triggered, object would spawn in (0,4). Even if trigger is moved anywhere, the object still spawns on (0,4). I think that it should be That if Marker is moved to like, (2,2), the obejct could be spawned in (2,6). I mean that it would be additional vector to the main marker. Within it's current form, Groupmarker is very limited.

3. Multiple editing.
If we could select multiple items and then modify them simulteneously, it would be just great. It could work like that it if the selected objects are having some same properties (Like CustomId is for every single object, Object Type is for almost all, Active On Startup is for triggers etc..), it shows them jsut like in normal selection. If they are having different data in their slots, liek different CustomId, it jsut shows "--" or "(data differs)" for example. This would help us map makers modifying and fixing stuff with many tiles, like when replacing them or changing their CustomId's.

Thanks for reading, please comment and discuss.

Added in 20 hours 32 minutes 11 seconds:
Re: Map Editor Suggestions
4. Option to suspend some methods from the console

The console is very great tool when debugging your code. It shows when some method is called, and you can also throw messages there. But sometimes with having multiple very frequently called methods the messages will be drown in the flood. I hope that we could use some attribute to suspend the methods being shown in the console. Example:

Code: Select all

[ConsoleSuspendedAttribute]
public void OnStartup()
{
	//Does not show in the console
}
5 x

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 am

It would be nice if we had a trigger which uses the Game.SpawnProjectile, instead of having to script it. Same with effects. As for looks, the projectile trigger would have a gun symbol, and The effects trigger looks like an area trigger, but yellow coloured. And input would be:-
ProjectileItem, Direction, and repeat per ms(repeats the projectile firing, after specified ms).
For effects, it would be:- Effect size, Effect Id and Effect attributes(like Text for the Effect CFTXT etc.).

Hope you liked the idea.
1 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:38 pm

We have finally implemented "multi edit" of properties on all selected tiles in the editor for the next update. We just haven't got around doing this nasty TODO until now :)
Kyra wrote:IDK if this was already said, but there should be a better way to find the coordinates of the map...
In the status bar of the bottom of the map editor window you have the world coordinates of the mouse position at all times.
2 x
Gurt

jamisco
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Da God
SFD Account: Jamisco
SFD Alias: Jamisco
Started SFD: either late 2015 or early 2016

Post by jamisco » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 pm

In map editor, we should be able to rotate objects and items .... by rotate i mean like circularly a full 0 - 360 revolution
0 x
Is it better to be feared or respected... please, is it too much to ask for both?

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:38 pm

It would be great if you add the freedom to choose a custom color of any type (of any tile) in the map editor. That would make sense if we are talking about to create "alive" maps that aren't boring like the others.

Idk, just a suggestion :lol:
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 am

jamisco wrote:In map editor, we should be able to rotate objects and items .... by rotate i mean like circularly a full 0 - 360 revolution
This is already possible, if you disable the grid snap you can even rotate a tile freely ;)
4 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:55 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
jamisco wrote:In map editor, we should be able to rotate objects and items .... by rotate i mean like circularly a full 0 - 360 revolution
This is already possible, if you disable the grid snap you can even rotate a tile freely ;)
The help section covers all the basic controls including movement, rotation, duplication, selection, layer depth etc...
1 x
Gurt

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 am

Add more foreground tiles, so far we only have FgStone and the addition of more foreground tiles could bring some interesting background combinations.
1 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Some things I think are missing from the marker, even as great as the current options currently are:

ThrowDistanceModifier: Adjusts the distance of thrown objects, whether it be items or other fighters. -2 is unchanged, -1 is default, 1-100 for modifier.

JumpStrengthModifier: Adjusts strength of a fighter's jump. -2 is unchanged, -1 is default, 1-100 for modifier.

WeaponFailChanceModifier: Adjusts chance for a fighter to have a 'dud' moment for weapons, like grenades or landmines. A good example for application is having a pre-made cutscene where a bot throws a grenade to blow up cover, but sometimes the grenade doesn't go off and leaves the cover. -2 is unchanged, -1 is default, 1-100 for modifier.
4 x
hello yes

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 am

A cofee-maker for the BG would be great.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

iq2300
Meatbag
Title: Pyromaniac
SFD Account: IQ2300
SFD Alias: Jon Doe (usually)
Post by iq2300 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 am

I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
0 x
I Dont Really want to set the wooooorld onnn fireeeeeee..

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm

iq2300 wrote:I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
You should try the SpawnPlayer's "Spawn team" property. Just make sure to place enough of them to cover up to 8 players (as you can set up to 8 players in the same team!). So 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 1, 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 2, etc... Also place out 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team "None". Test your SpawnPlayer markers using the Test Options menu before starting.
0 x
Gurt

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am

Gurt wrote:
iq2300 wrote:I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
You should try the SpawnPlayer's "Spawn team" property. Just make sure to place enough of them to cover up to 8 players (as you can set up to 8 players in the same team!). So 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 1, 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 2, etc... Also place out 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team "None". Test your SpawnPlayer markers using the Test Options menu before starting.
That only works if I set the map to a custom gamemode, (at least for me) And custom gamemodes dont end when there is 1 player or team left unless you script, and I dont know How to script.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

iq2300 wrote:
Gurt wrote:
That only works if I set the map to a custom gamemode, (at least for me) And custom gamemodes dont end when there is 1 player or team left unless you script, and I dont know How to script.
Not all mapmakers needs to know how to script, you can also post your request in the script API section, remember to include more details you can about how the script should be and someone will provide you a solution.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 pm

iq2300 wrote:
Gurt wrote:
You also need to set SpawnOrder from 1 to 8 for each team in order to get it working. The SpawnOrder shouldn't be mandatory but it looks like it is so I will fix that for the next update.
0 x
Gurt

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am

I'd like there to be paintings, because I sometimes end op making big rooms, but having a super empty backround. SO like, smaller versions of stuff like the billboards and posters, maybe with frames too.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
I would like there to be more foreground tiles, because there are not a huge amount right now, for instance if there was like foreground wood you could make some cool like the camera is in the trees effects.
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat May 06, 2017 5:41 pm

PlayerModlifier Info : LandingType

My idea : this is just new modifier inf type , which can make u "everytime fall" or "perfect landing everytime"
So , we have 3 cases...

1. perfect landing - which will make ur landing on the ground safely(only) ,(for every height).
2. always falling - that will make ur landing fallful forever and for every height.
3. advanced landing - where you can set ur own height for safely landing.
1 x
-Content-maker.

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 am

What if there was a gameover marker, to end the game after it had been triggered?
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 pm

The second idea for now : PlayerModifierInfoJumpLevel
we have only 1 type;

1.Jump level - where you can set your jump Modifier...

can also be combined with PlayerModifier Info : LandingType
P.S - Look up
0 x
-Content-maker.