Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

thrown hit damage should only apply to weapons

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

thrown hit damage should only apply to weapons

Post by Ultimate » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:00 pm

i was playing and somebody literally kicked wood debris at me and then i took damage for no reason. i believe that the "thrown damage" should only apply to guns/melee weapons, etc. and everything else is normal and has no hitbox. Somebody kicked a explosive at me (the tiny red one) and it did damage, which again makes no sense. also grenades shouldn't do thrown damage, they should go past the players like they always have, same goes for mines and everything else that had it's play changed.
anyways what i'm trying to say is, when you guys added thrown weapons i thought only melee weapons and guns would be given the ability to be thrown and do damage. now everything does thrown damage, wether it be wood debris, tiny red explosives or grenades and mines. just let everything be back to normal, with ONLY thrown weapons doing the thrown damage, excluding the weapons that were throw-able from the beginning (grenades, mines,etc.) 没老ぇtてょせうぇあぽんs

while we're on this topic, i believe the arrangement should be switched for the button, instead of "hold G to drop weapon" it should be "hold G to go into throwing mode" that way it makes more sense, because dropping your weapon should be instant, and shouldn't take longer than doing a special ability.
Last edited by Ultimate on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
Post by Bash Kraken » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I agree with your point on debris and objects like the gas can. I feel as though too many things can damage the player inadvertently, so there is too much chaos.
I, however, disagree with switching being changed to holding down G by default, as it makes more sense to me to be able to switch to throwing mode very quickly. There could be and option to change the what the key bind works, so you can switch between holding and pressing for both utilities.
2 x
heck
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Bash Kraken wrote:I agree with your point on debris and objects like the gas can. I feel as though too many things can damage the player inadvertently, so there is too much chaos.
I, however, disagree with switching being changed to holding down G by default, as it makes more sense to me to be able to switch to throwing mode very quickly. There could be and option to change the what the key bind works, so you can switch between holding and pressing for both utilities.
i edited my post, some things you might agree with
0 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:35 pm

I think debris with high speed should damage you (splinters from explosions, ...).
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 pm

I agree on ur post only for the 1st part of the random debris,(I think those red things are tanks)tanks,and other small things . But I also agree with bash that the holding g (default) shouldn't drop the weapon instead go into growing mode because... More times trowing mode is enabled rather than dropping the weapon .and billy so u mean splinters as in those small black things or the actual tnt with out the red colour
0 x
im back guys!!!!!!

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:19 am

I mean debris with high velocity
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...