Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

smoke grenade

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
000bny000
Meatbag

smoke grenade

Post by 000bny000 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:34 pm

smoke grenade

the smoke grenade obviously produce a dense smoke and that would occupy a large area that would hide movements and players within it

the duration would be great since it does not have intention to kill enemies but to protect and to "save" players in certain cases
( A good time would be 15 seconds)
3 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:56 pm

What's the point of this exactly? Why would I want to take a smoke grenade over a regular grenade or a mine, over equipment that can actually be a threat to an enemy? How can this compete with the toxic gas version you suggested, the one that seems to be objectively better? In which situation does this save me? Where's the benefit in obstructing the players' surroundings in a 2D game like SFD where the player names/character are layered out above everything else? There are no advanced "fog of war" mechanics to conceal the player when they use the grenade, which is the whole point of it to begin with.
1 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Unless the smoke's range is extremely large, all you'd have to do is run in punching or just fire blindly into the smoke to get a kill. Its not like you can exactly use it as cover when everyone can see if you leave the smoke's cover or not, and adjust aim accordingly.

Might be more interesting if it could snuff out all active fires and prevent further ones inside the radius but other than that, meh.
0 x
hello yes

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 pm

I'm imagining the smoke grenade would cover an area the size of say, the blue room in Facility. That would let you do some sneaky things in there.
KliPeH wrote:Where's the benefit in obstructing the players' surroundings in a 2D game like SFD where the player names/character are layered above everything else?
Characters aren't layered above foreground tiles. I assume the smoke would be layered above player names, too. There aren't any items in the game that let the player hide, so of course player names are layered above everything else.

I don't find this to be a useless idea at all. In some situations, sure, it wouldn't be as useful as a direct hit from a molotov or a restricting mine placement, but the mixups might spice up gameplay. I think the smoke grenade should be considered.

Regardless, please elaborate further on how this would work, 000bny000.
0 x
i got wozen fever

NoOne
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: LegioNPL
SFD Alias: None
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.0

Post by NoOne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:05 pm

000bny000 wrote:smoke grenade

the smoke grenade obviously produce a dense smoke and that would occupy a large area that would hide movements and players within it

the duration would be great since it does not have intention to kill enemies but to protect and to "save" players in certain cases
( A good time would be 15 seconds)
I think it's very good idea i like tactic items so i think it should be added into game :D

P.S. oh and it should hide player names
0 x
Don't mess with mad guy