Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Jump down in ladders

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Jump down in ladders

Post by Noble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:49 am

Something that I really think can increase the pvp is not new item or powerup. I thought about how much can be useful one command that when we were up or down, leave the ladder without jumping up, and then we can shot or attack, without need to reach the bottom of the ladder.

- The key that is designated need to let the character instantly out of the ladders, and if he wants to hold it again, it would be possible after a cooldown of a few thousandths of a second (0,1s, 0,2s).

- The key could be shift or alt, for example, but not two keys at the same time as alt + down, why would affect what I could do after leave the ladder (shot, grab again), the best thing would be a quick click.
5 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 pm

I find the lack of this option is quite damning. Whenever I'm cornered on a ladder and the only way to survive is to go down the ladder but also to block melee hits... I have to block at the right time while holding walk and double tap down. I have to press block 2 or 3 times just to make sure I block all the hits but I have to be careful in my haste not to press down too many times or I'll press block after I grab the ladder and jump back up into death...
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 pm

If we add this feature I think it should be the block/aim button. Right now the attack, kick and block/aim buttons do the same thing on ladders.
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:58 am

Up
Hjarpe wrote:If we add this feature I think it should be the block/aim button. Right now the attack, kick and block/aim buttons do the same thing on ladders.
That means that you guys will even think about it? Cause I see this as an essential addition, I was trying to do this and I do not really know how it has not been put in the game.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"