Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by RickAvory » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:34 pm

garoninja wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 pm
A CLASSIC MODE or Simple Controls

Like the first game easy and simple;
punch/gun/grenade;
duck and punch for kick;
jump and punch to jump kick;
no blocks or punch block;
+ a grab button.
also think running lacks animation

The game has so many buttons i think it's a joke
This seems kinda... let’s just say... not logical. Plus if for whatever reason you do want two inputs on the same key, then you can just bind it.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm

The player 'Huds' are really putting shadow on my left eye.A bot shot me from out of nowhere when i see him he was hiding behind my health bar and stuff (really splendid work thier mate).i suggest.. if the HUDs are moved over the top on borders of screen would be nice and clear.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm
The player 'Huds' are really putting shadow on my left eye.A bot shot me from out of nowhere when i see him he was hiding behind my health bar and stuff (really splendid work thier mate).i suggest.. if the HUDs are moved over the top on borders of screen would be nice and clear.
Customizeable HUD would be cool. Some games give you the ability to completely move your hud around. To add onto Tommy’s point as well, in the map “Plant 47”, in that office in the top left, the hud completely obstructs my gameplay. I am forced to switch into Dynamic mode which still causes some issues if players are on the opposite side of the map.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Picking up a dark shotgun should replenish ammo for the pump-action shotgun, and vice versa, given that they are basically the same weapon.
3 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Pricey wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm
Picking up a dark shotgun should replenish ammo for the pump-action shotgun, and vice versa, given that they are basically the same weapon.
I agree with that. I also think that the dark pump should be exclusive to the campaign for the metro law guys. It feels out of place to have a random Reskin of a gun when none of the other ones do. If you wanna argue for reskins of guns in versus mode then we shouldn’t have it only for the pump shotgun and should have it for other weapons
Last edited by RickAvory on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm
[...] If you wanna argue for reskins of guns in versus mode then we shouldn’t have it only for the pump shotgun and should have it for other weapons
I'd love to be able to unlock alternative weapon skins by completing challenges. Or maybe have the whole set be unlocked by completing all of them. Introduce a general setting to pick between the two. Unlocking customization items just doesn't do it for me, trying custom weapon textures has always been far more exciting.
4 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 am

How about adding Discord Rich Presence? Quite a big part of the community uses discord to communicate and it would be a nice small addition. For example showing the current server and map you're playing on would be dope. Sure it is not in the top 100 priority list but eventually more and more games do this and maybe SFD should too?
(For those who don't know what Discord Rich Presence is, it is the box that says which game you are playing among other things like joining your friends game through discord and stuff.)
Terraria has very detailed info on the box, but we wouldn't need all the fancy overlay stuff and joining the games via discord but just showing the state like hosting/playing on a server/playing offline would be cool.
https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/ ... nce/how-to
5 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:49 pm

OREO wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Yeah but... are we going to ignore the fact that the whole goal of the game is to kill people... with guns. Unless we turn the guns to squirt guns and all have pillow fights then I don’t think it’s going to target any younger audiences. If you want to host your own server and play it that way, that’s all on you. I’m sure you can find a script that does it for you.
I already mentioned other people who like this game but don’t play it because of the blood. Don’t appreciate the sarcasm.

Just because it’s a fighting/shooter game, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have the option to take off blood. I’ve played much more graphic games with the option to remove gore.

LOOK!... SFD is a cute little game, with cute little fighters, holding cute little weapons, on cute little maps, AND YOU CANT TELL ME I AM WRONG. Hell... even the zombies look cute! But blood, that’s not cute.

I like the pixelated graphics don’t get me wrong it’s really appealing, don’t ever change that.
I saw that you edited your post, so lemme leave another reply.

Superfighters is NOT a “cute little game, with cute little fighters”, in fact I would say the complete opposite. The fighters are brutal fighting machines! I would never think that a game like SFD merits the “cute” status. So @OREO I’m going to go ahead and retract your “YOU CANT TELL ME IM WRONG” statement.

As for your friends that were skeemish at the sight of blood in a violent video game... maybe this game isn’t for them. The video game literally involves killing people with guns and stabbing them with knives. If they can’t handle that then they should wait until they reach a sufficient age at which it won’t bother them. I have never felt squeamish to gore in a video game (especially a pixilated one like SFD). I understand gore might not be for some people (and it really isn’t for me either) but in a violent game like SFD that is a Massive miss step. It goes against the whole vibe of the game.

What games have you played that have the option to remove gore? I would generally like to know as I think in violent shooting games that would look absolutely rediculous.
1 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:03 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:49 pm
that would look absolutely rediculous.
like the way you spelt ridiculous ha.. kiddin

however I doubt if it will be possible to remove gores, gibs in sfd are physical objects, if there is an option that hides all these gibs for a specific player then it should be done to everybody else, because these gibs can be kicked around and have impact on players. it would be weird to have an invisible object hit you and knock you down during gameplay which actually turns out to be a gib you couldn't see because of anti-gore mode.

aside from gibs, i don't think the game is much gory
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:14 pm

OREO wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:45 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:12 pm

I saw that you edited your post, so lemme leave another reply.

Superfighters is NOT a “cute little game, with cute little fighters”, in fact I would say the complete opposite. The fighters are brutal fighting machines! I would never think that a game like SFD merits the “cute” status. So @OREO I’m going to go ahead and retract your “YOU CANT TELL ME IM WRONG” statement.

As for your friends that were skeemish at the sight of blood in a violent video game... maybe this game isn’t for them. The video game literally involves killing people with guns and stabbing them with knives. If they can’t handle that then they should wait until they reach a sufficient age at which it won’t bother them. I have never felt squeamish to gore in a video game (especially a pixilated one like SFD). I understand gore might not be for some people (and it really isn’t for me either) but in a violent game like SFD that is a Massive miss step. It goes against the whole vibe of the game.

What games have you played that have the option to remove gore? I would generally like to know as I think in violent shooting games that would look absolutely rediculous.
Really? The sprites are tiny, and the graphics are pixelated, Iam saying cute because it’s not too graphic.

Ive played a shooter game called “Wolfteam” that had a no gore option, same with Blackops-4 and I believe some of the Halo games. Anyways, I’ve moved on from those kind of games, and Iam trying not to play ones that are similar. I say SFD is the most violent Ill go, and removing blood will make my conscience better.
Cmon man. The Gore is minimal. Suck it up. I didn’t know Black Ops 4 had a gore free mode judging that the game literally involves shooting and killing people.
Off Topic
people today are becoming too soft, and I am worried that it will effect the games we play as a result, hence why I am so opposed to a “Gore Free” feature. The path that our society is taking is seriously troublesome, as the violent fighting games I know and love will turn into water guns and pillow fights. Enough with the censorship.
0 x

CrazyDuck
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: CrazyDuckk
SFD Alias: CrazyDuck
Started SFD: 2014

Post by CrazyDuck » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:58 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a standalone thread into this one.
I have a interesting idea for chainsaw: When holding the chainsaw, close to the gascan and press F to refuel the chainsaw
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:21 pm

CrazyDuck wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:58 pm
I have a interesting idea for chainsaw: When holding the chainsaw, close to the gascan and press F to refuel the chainsaw
I hope you don't mean for this to be implemented into the vanilla game, it would be the equivalent of requesting to be able to refill the bazooka with propane tanks, it would be too damn OP, something like this would be more suited for scripts and special modes than anything else, and I think this can easily be done with scripts so asking the devs for something like this is unnecessary...

But criticisms aside, I would love to see a script with this feature, or maybe a Meatgrinder boss that is able to pick up gas cans to refill their chainsaw's fuel and wreak more mayhem.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Possibility to set *Background distance*(Parallax) for BG layer.
used it here, because idea is really small.
2 x
-Content-maker.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Possibly add commands like "/musicvolume [0-100]" or "/ambientvolume [0-100]" so they can be altered easily and quickly mid-game.
4 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:46 am

I think we shold get a "Invisible Object":
Basically, a invisible block that is dynamic, nd can be assinged health, material, weight, ...
This would really benefit custom maps, since many rely on you for example shooting a pipe to progress or something smilar. RN, the best you can do is metal hatches or glasses in most cases, and those are limited by health and sometimes model.
2 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm

Merged a standalone thread with this one.
I'd suggest adding a way to view a player's Steam profile directly from the game (i.e. hovering over their name and pressing a button/clicking it), as it would be incredibly useful to be able to see their account. It is incredibly frustrating when many people can just change their Steam username and essentially have a fresh identity (happens a lot on Blurry's) and it would be useful to be able to document Steam IDs to keep track of who people really are.
3 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:58 am

Pricey wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm
I'd suggest adding a way to view a player's Steam profile directly from the game (i.e. hovering over their name and pressing a button/clicking it), as it would be incredibly useful to be able to see their account. It is incredibly frustrating when many people can just change their Steam username and essentially have a fresh identity (happens a lot on Blurry's) and it would be useful to be able to document Steam IDs to keep track of who people really are.
I have been suggesting this for a while, but it seemed to get over looked. To add onto what you said, In my opinion steam has a very mediocre friend adding system. if someone I like is on SFD and I want to friend them I feel I need to go through this whole ordeal. This would addition would allow the player to add an individual in just two clicks.
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:58 am

Having to press the crouch key multiple times is painful and slow, You have to wait until your fighter falls through every single platform, It's really slow. My suggestion is that you can fall through many platforms, By holding the sprint key and the crouch key while or after double-pressing the crouch key twice to fall through a single platform, You fall through multiple platforms rather than one until you stop holding the sprint key.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 pm

Simply by choosing a server and choosing "Players"
You should be able to view a list of players in that server, And by hovering over a player's name you can see their account of course.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:29 pm

A goddamn "Are You Sure?" menu when you choose "Exit".
1 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.