Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by RickAvory » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:45 pm

I recommend you have unlockable clothing after completeing a campaign, similar to how you unlock the Sargent hat after killing Sarge. Just a small little reward for doing it. Similarly, when a certain wave is achieve in survival mode maybe you could unlock something as well. An example can be when you reach Wave 10 in Zombie nightmare you can use the Zombie Skin
Last edited by RickAvory on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:40 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:45 pm
I recommend you have unlockable clothing after completeing a campaign, similar to how you unlock the Sargent hat after killing Sarge. Just a small little reward for doing it. Similarly, when a certain wave is achieve in survival mode maybe you could unlock something as well. An example can be when you reach Wave 10 in Xombie nightmare you can use the Zombie Skin
That would be really cool. It would encourage people to play the campaigns in higher difficulties, the higher the difficulty the better the reward.
2 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 pm

RickAvory wrote:
I recommend you have unlockable clothing after completing a campaign, similar to how you unlock the Sargent hat after killing Sarge. Just a small little reward for doing it. Similarly, when a certain wave is achieved in survival mode maybe you could unlock something as well. An example can be when you reach Wave 10 in Zombie nightmare you can use the Zombie Skin
That wouldn't be a good idea unless they make commands & scripts unusable in campaign and survival.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 pm
RickAvory wrote:
I recommend you have unlockable clothing after completing a campaign, similar to how you unlock the Sargent hat after killing Sarge. Just a small little reward for doing it. Similarly, when a certain wave is achieved in survival mode maybe you could unlock something as well. An example can be when you reach Wave 10 in Zombie nightmare you can use the Zombie Skin
That wouldn't be a good idea unless they make commands & scripts unusable in campaign and survival.
I agree. Maybe only when no commands were entered will you receive. Similar to how in challenges if you play with multiple people you don’t
1 x

Agera
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The SusMaster
SFD Alias: Agera, Ronnie, The SusMaster
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.2

Post by Agera » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 pm

-A hammer click animation between shots for the magnum and revolver would be nice. It'd give a little more visual and audible feedback to players to let them know when their/their enemy's weapon is ready to fire again. Right now they feel a bit like the early pre-alpha pump-action shotgun, where if you don't have the timing memorized, it's really hard to land/avoid shots.

-Slightly decreasing stamina loss for punching/attacking, kicking, and sprinting. It feels like a few punches is all it takes for you to only be able to run half a step and then run out of stamina during a jump and die. (Although maybe you guys like it that way)

-Increased stamina gain for standing and doing nothing. Not walking, reloading, aiming, or drawing a weapon, but giving players the option to sit and quickly regain stamina.

-A burst-fire pistol and rifle. I feel like I've been clamoring for these for years, but I have some new ideas for them.
-----They could fire 3 bullets per trigger pull in very quick succession, similar to the original SF's Uzi/Assault Rifle, with a delay before you can shoot again.
-----High damage per bullet: 5-7 for pistol, 6-9 for rifle, but limited magazine size: 12-15 for pistol, 21-24 for rifle.
-----The first shot would be highly accurate, but the second and third would be inaccurate, although carrying a higher critical hit chance than the first shot. This would make them rewarding at close range combat, with decent first shot accuracy to make them okay at longer ranges.
-----As for graphics, we don't have any kind of bullpup style rifle, even though the games based past the 2000's. The pistol could look like anything.

I did hear that you guys are finally increasing the carbine's damage though. Yay for that! Loving the challenges and the story developments in the game.
3 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Add a cannon of some sort on Dr. Fritzliebe's back in the final fight of Operation Sunrise and with that an animation of him tilting his torso forward and shooting out the grenades from the cannon while tilted forward. Maybe combine it with a jetpack as the Mandalorians have in Star Wars so he can look like he's using the jetpack instead of his invisible rocket boots, which he does after firing all three rounds of grenades.
1 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 am

OREO wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am
There should be a simple command like “/reset scores” for when it’s time to get series
I agree. @Sree had made a script for me to do so. If you would like I could link it to you.
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a standalone thread with this one.
So, We all know that the black shotguns just another texture for the original shotgun, But if you pick a shotgun when you already have a black shotgun, You wouldn't get extra ammo. (and the opposite is right)

So all i'm saying is that you should get the extra ammo whatever the shotgun in your hand or the one you pick up is. Hope you get what i mean.
Off Topic
Would send an image or a GIF, but i am restricted from using my PC until schools end. Yeah, #fml.
Last edited by hyper copter on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:16 am

I would have agreed with this suggestion before the recent update, but now that the Dark Shotgun has tweaked stats, different ammo capacity and different spread, I think it would be strange to be able to interchange ammo between the two guns.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:26 am

Pricey wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:16 am
I would have agreed with this suggestion before the recent update, but now that the Dark Shotgun has tweaked stats, different ammo capacity and different spread, I think it would be strange to be able to interchange ammo between the two guns.
Woah, Really? Well, Sorry, I didn't know because i haven't updated yet.
1 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm

runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
0 x
make it better

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm

winter hell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm
runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.
3 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:07 pm

What about custom map tags on workshop, is it possible?
0 x
-Content-maker.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Make it so there is a lower chance of health spawning during sudden death.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Pricey wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 pm
When sudden death starts in SFD no more items can spawn. So no health items can spawn. Whatever is in the crates currently in the match is what remains.
2 x
Gurt

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:35 pm
Pricey wrote:
When sudden death starts in SFD no more items can spawn (if I remember correctly). So no health items can spawn. Whatever is in the crates currently in the match is what remains.
Yeah, a silly error on my part; thanks for the clarification.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Gurt wrote:
Pricey wrote:
When sudden death starts in SFD no more items can spawn (if I remember correctly). So no health items can spawn. Whatever is in the crates currently in the match is what remains.
That's an interesting aspect of sudden death I was not aware of. Actually being forced to manage your resources carefully as no more will spawn until either you or your opponent perish? These last few bullets in a magazine can mean the difference between victory and defeat, then. Shot placement can be crucial and so can health management - do I engage now and risk losing it all for a win, or stay in hiding and let the clock run us into the ground?

It's usually the latter for me; the only time I ever play with sudden death is at Blurry's and if I get to be one of the last two standing I run around hoping for a good weapon spawn to tilt the odds in my favor. Now I realize that is not possible. I always assumed the only feature of the setting was the timer which was there to encourage offensive play and no more than that.

Add this to the tip section?
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:24 pm
Gurt wrote:
Pricey wrote:
That's an interesting aspect of sudden death I was not aware of. Actually being forced to manage your resources carefully as no more will spawn until either you or your opponent perish? These last few bullets in a magazine can mean the difference between victory and defeat, then. Shot placement can be crucial and so can health management - do I engage now and risk losing it all for a win, or stay in hiding and let the clock run us into the ground?

It's usually the latter for me; the only time I ever play with sudden death is at Blurry's and if I get to be one of the last two standing I run around hoping for a good weapon spawn to tilt the odds in my favor. Now I realize that is not possible. I always assumed the only feature of the setting was the timer which was there to encourage offensive play and no more than that.

The SUDDEN DEATH tooltip already reads "Sets the time limit to 45 seconds when all but two players are dead. Also stops new items from spawning." in the game settings.
2 x
Gurt

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 pm
KliPeH wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:24 pm
Gurt wrote:

The SUDDEN DEATH tooltip already reads "Sets the time limit to 45 seconds when all but two players are dead. Also stops new items from spawning." in the game settings.
These tooltips are only found in the game info menu, Which is mainly used for hosting options. Well, Most of player can't host. Even with port forward being partly adjusted. If your port is working, Internet speed would still be a problem. And as players come from different countries, Their Internet speed is not good enough for decent hosting.
Off Topic
My Internet speed is limited to holy fuckin' 136kbs!
And to be honest, Not alot of us hosts to play by themself or with someone else local. So it wouldn't hurt adding some reminders to the loading tips. Something like: '' Remember that sudden death prevents more weapon crates from spawning ''
0 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Lamgiabao
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Haha!I don't have any title...
SFD Account: 666:B14c
Started SFD: Beta 1.0.2c

Post by Lamgiabao » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:10 pm

Yesterday, I found an offical map names botprofiles but I can't edit it to get some new bots, so an ability to create new bots is great, I hope that feature will make the game more fun to play.
0 x