Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by hyper copter » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm
winter hell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm
runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.
After overthinking it in the shower, I think he means something just like this:

Image

Which might be linked to dual weilding, But more complicated.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

User avatar
Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:01 am
SFD Account: JakMike
SFD Alias: Hate
Started SFD: 2017
Age: 22

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm
winter hell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm
runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.
After overthinking it in the shower, I think he means something just like this:


Which might be linked to dual weilding, But more complicated.
lol no, he simply wants rifles and handguns to be shown visually in sprinting animation. as for now if you are sprinting with a shotgun, m60 or any other weapon, it just disappears to your back.
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm


what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.
After overthinking it in the shower, I think he means something just like this:


Which might be linked to dual weilding, But more complicated.
lol no, he simply wants rifles and handguns to be shown visually in sprinting animation. as for now if you are sprinting with a shotgun, m60 or any other weapon, it just disappears to your back.
Thanks for explaining. I was unable to get that from the OP but it now makes sense with your clarification.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Ab Hab
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:46 am
SFD Account: Ab Hab
Started SFD: The year NBA 2K14 came out

Post by Ab Hab » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:47 am

Cigar falls outta your mouth when you die if you have one.
Like a lil' shell casing.
4 x

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 17
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Making the Infinite Ammo command also affect special ammo boxes. meaning that if I set start item to a sniper and bouncy ammo, bouncy ammo will never run out.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 29

Post by Gurt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Making the Infinite Ammo command also affect special ammo boxes. meaning that if I set start item to a sniper and bouncy ammo, bouncy ammo will never run out.
Special ammo should be its own separate command I think.
5 x
Gurt

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 am

Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 pm
StarNord wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Making the Infinite Ammo command also affect special ammo boxes. meaning that if I set start item to a sniper and bouncy ammo, bouncy ammo will never run out.
Special ammo should be its own separate command I think.
"/ia 2" or something? lol. That is what I would recommend since having a separate command for such a small thing would be redundant.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Shark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 pm

"/ia 2" or something? lol. That is what I would recommend since having a separate command for such a small thing would be redundant.
[/quote]

"/ISA 1 -> Infinite Special Ammo..
2 x
Just me The Predator!

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 am

We need transparent colors for Text markers. We can make complex pixel art animation with this. Just the ability for the alpha component of color have an effect on IObjectText would be fine.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Post by hyper copter » Wed May 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 am
We need transparent colors for Text markers. We can make complex pixel art animation with this. Just the ability for the alpha component of color have an effect on IObjectText would be fine.
Actually, I had a similar idea about a transparency level option. Not only for text markers, But for every object in the map editor.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:41 pm
Actually, I had a similar idea about a transparency level option. Not only for text markers, But for every object in the map editor.
That would not be very easy to do and it doesn't have any clear advantages for doing. I assume the map editor is supposed to be kept simple so they probably won't add such a feature. On the other hand, allowing color to be affected by the alpha component is a much simpler task and it has a lot of benefits for advanced scripters.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Post by hyper copter » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
3 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am

hyper copter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
I think this would help differentiate the Bow from other weapons. At the moment it feels like a slightly stronger version of a Magnum. It does 5 more damage and is consistent at that because it seems it cannot crit at all. I almost never find the projectile fall-off making a difference because most encounters happen at close range; I end up simply kiting opponents as if I were using a shotgun.

The Bow should have a very short (1 second?) charge time at the end of which max damage will be dealt (30). Weapon glint/spark can be shown briefly to signify the Bow is fully charged. If the Bow is shot from the hip/without charging it'll deal half damage. A partial charge will deal anywhere between 15 to 30 damage depending on how long the attack button has been held. This will make the Bow unique, up the skill ceiling of using it while making kills with it feel more rewarding.
3 x
 
Image

User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Post by hyper copter » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 am
hyper copter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am
I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
I almost never find the projectile fall-off making a difference because most encounters happen at close range.
I partly disagree. I know most of this game's encounters happen at close range. But bows are an absolute advantage when it comes to far range. Projectile falling makes it easier to get players behind cover, Or players that are on a platform above you. You just need to master range and timing. I had many encounters where I shoot a bow upwards to hit a player on a platform, The arrow misses and launches to the sky, Dude thinks he's safe, Then my arrow falls staright on his head. The bow is now actually my favourite third slot (rifles) weapon. (used to be sniper rifle)
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

User avatar
Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 pm
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Pricey » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Weapons with no spare magazine (i.e. Flamethrower and M60) cannot be restocked using the ammo cache in the helicopter on Helipad. While I understand that they get no extra magazines, they should still be able to be restocked to full ammo using it.
1 x
very nice władysław iii jagellion-chan

User avatar
OREO
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 am
Title: Cookie
SFD Account: OREO
Started SFD: Pre Alpha
Location: Oreo Pack
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by OREO » Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 am

So you know that animation where if you’re holding on to a ledge and press the opposite direction of the way your character is facing, well yea that. What if we gave that animation a purpose and make it so that you can shoot with handguns (with one hand of course) and throw knives/grenades/shurikens/bottles etc...

Please stop ignoring me or I’ll cry. (The animation is when you might be holding on a crack on a right-side wall, then hit left, and your character turns around)
0 x

User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Post by hyper copter » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

OREO wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 am
So you know that animation where if you’re holding on to a ledge and press the opposite direction of the way your character is facing, well yea that. What if we gave that animation a purpose and make it so that you can shoot with handguns (with one hand of course) and throw knives/grenades/shurikens/bottles etc...

Please stop ignoring me or I’ll cry. (The animation is when you might be holding on a crack on a right-side wall, then hit left, and your character turns around)
I actually made a suggestion about being able to aim and shoot while holding onto ladders and ledges. https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... ges#p15215
I was pretty young and dumb ass then. Wish I had suggested that later rather than sooner.
I still like the idea though, but it must have a downside; Maybe decreased accuracy?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

User avatar
OREO
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 am
Title: Cookie
SFD Account: OREO
Started SFD: Pre Alpha
Location: Oreo Pack
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by OREO » Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am
I still like the idea though, but it must have a downside; Maybe decreased accuracy?
Thanks, nah no need for a down side, the downside would be that you can only do this with handguns like pistols, and adding this to ladders would probably be cool too, didn’t think of that. I don’t recall ever trying a game where you can shoot while climbing ladders.
0 x

User avatar
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper
Gender:
Age: 13

Post by hyper copter » Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm

OREO wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am
I still like the idea though, but it must have a downside; Maybe decreased accuracy?
Thanks, Nah no need for a downside, the downside would be that you can only do this with handguns like pistols, and adding this to ladders would probably be cool too, didn’t think of that. I don’t recall ever trying a game where you can shoot while climbing ladders.
Yeah, I never liked having to jump, shoot and grab the ladder again. It's slow and hard.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

Post Reply