Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Mall needs some additions.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Mall needs some additions.

Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:11 pm

http://puu.sh/pzBjT/53bb9dec77.jpg

First, remove the top spot up there, it's complete bullshit. If you try to get up there, then your opponent can just kick you down, and if you try to shoot him from one side, he can just switch side, and just camp there.

The other lines on the map are my suggestions for Platforms, so that you can quickly travel from level to level, without having to wait for an elevator.

For the elevators, it would be nice if you could make them go from level to level quickly, and try both of these: Either make the 2 elevators on their sides synchronized by themselves but not with the other elevators on the other side.
OR
You can try to just not make the elevators synchronized.

If you want to, you can remove the entire upper part of the mall and get more space, to possibly add more things for each level, or a fourth level.

My goal here is to give the player more ways to get from level to level and make the map more fast paced, and removing that spot up there.

Alternatively..
You could put a concrete floor between the middle elevators, so that you wouldn't have to wait for the elevators to get to the other side. + The scaffolding.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Shut up bitch!!

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Again, fresh ideas! Removing the upper part for more stuff? Makes me think of platforms, or something with furniture (new objects would be nice at this point). But I don't see why the elevators should be synchronized and their speed is fine too, although I would prefer a lesser jumpy manner.
1 x
Blame the game, not the player

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Yes the mall is so strange i must say thats it one of the less polular maps exactly because new players dont like that jumpy maners jumpy thingcar.
Mall=jump related bug paradise map.
0 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:Again, fresh ideas! Removing the upper part for more stuff? Makes me think of platforms, or something with furniture (new objects would be nice at this point). But I don't see why the elevators should be synchronized and their speed is fine too, although I would prefer a lesser jumpy manner.
This Suggestion is usless becose offical maps are never going to be changed. And going to stay like they are today.
But there is a little chance (0.1%) that this Thread will do something to the map "Mall"
0 x

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Creeper wrote:
TheBlackshot wrote:Again, fresh ideas! Removing the upper part for more stuff? Makes me think of platforms, or something with furniture (new objects would be nice at this point). But I don't see why the elevators should be synchronized and their speed is fine too, although I would prefer a lesser jumpy manner.
This Suggestion is usless becose offical maps are never going to be changed. And going to stay like they are today.
But there is a little chance (0.1%) that this Thread will do something to the map "Mall"
PreAlpha 1.7.0 Hazardous was different from PreAlpha 1.7.1 Hazardous. Similar to Fairgrounds Pre 1.7.2.

The devs change things as they like, don't count mall out just yet.
3 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:33 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote:
Creeper wrote: This Suggestion is usless becose offical maps are never going to be changed. And going to stay like they are today.
PreAlpha 1.7.0 Hazardous was different from PreAlpha 1.7.1 Hazardous. Similar to Fairgrounds Pre 1.7.2.

oh god i forgot XD
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:43 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote: PreAlpha 1.7.0 Hazardous was different from PreAlpha 1.7.1 Hazardous. Similar to Fairgrounds Pre 1.7.2.

Don't forget Heavy Equipment. It was absolutely terrible before it got updated, now it's one of the best maps in the game. I agree Mall needs to be changed, and everything that needs to be changed was already suggested so I can only hope the devs do something about that. It's currently the map I hate playing the most; games in it are way too long and boring to my liking.
2 x

muyter
Meatbag
SFD Account: muyter

Post by muyter » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am

TheBlackshot wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:32 pm
Again, fresh ideas! Removing the upper part for more stuff? Makes me think of platforms, or something with furniture (new objects would be nice at this point). But I don't see why the elevators should be synchronized and their speed is fine too, although I would prefer a lesser jumpy manner.
Hi,

Taking the top off to make room for more items?
I'm reminded of platforms or furniture when I hear this (new objects would be nice at this point). Although I would prefer a less jerky approach, I don't understand why the elevators should be synced, and their speed is also fine.
0 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:05 am

muyter wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am
Hi,

Taking the top off to make room for more items?
I'm reminded of platforms or furniture when I hear this (new objects would be nice at this point). Although I would prefer a less jerky approach, I don't understand why the elevators should be synced, and their speed is also fine.
Hi,

Maybe not Necro a post from 5+ years ago, especially if the devs don't have any interest at changing anything in the game.
There's a map called "New Mall - Competitive" which you can find on Maps.ua. The map was made by TheBlackShot, the same guy who took part in this very discussion. It fixes a lot of the issues that where discussed here.
And if that map is not quite what you like, just make your own custom map, host from your own map folder.
The devs are done working with this game.
1 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png