Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Sledgehammer

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Re: A new sort of melee weapon, Sledgehammer.

Post by mgtr14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Duck wrote:
► Show Spoiler
No, i havent. Wozen said that if you got more speed, then its useless. So i decided to make the charge up just a tiny bit shorter, and possibly have the wielder have super armor.
He then said that its still a bit destructive since even if you block you can get thrown into hazards, so i made it less destructive.
Then lunatic wanted a damage buff, i buffed it. And i buffed it again.
I have NEVER in my life said that i dont want feedback, this is the best feedback i have seen. Not those posts of " its a shit idea, remove please " but instead saying WHY it is, and i changed it accordingly to what suggestions i got.
Lunatic wrote:No, it... The sledgehammer is slow. It needs to deal more damage than the katana if it's to be a respected weapon.
Done.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm not saying that you're not taking feedback, what I'm saying is that you're acting like it's "yours" the thread may be yours but the concept of the sledgehammer is not. Even in this post with the way you're talking: "so i made it less destructive."

Bottom line though is that none of this really matters, it's just an SFD thread. I was just pointing something out that I noticed. :)
0 x
'<'

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Duck wrote:
I'm not saying that you're not taking feedback, what I'm saying is that you're acting like it's "yours" the thread may be yours but the concept of the sledgehammer is not. Even in this post with the way you're talking: "so i made it less destructive."

Bottom line though is that none of this really matters, it's just an SFD thread. I was just pointing something out that I noticed. :)
It isn't mine, i already changed alot of features with the sledgehammer since the thread started, based on the suggestions i got. I didn't buff the damage or nerf it's destructiveness when you block, based on what I wanted. As i said, lunatic wanted damage, i gave him damage. Wozen asked whats the point if you are quicker and can hit first, i gave the wielder super armor when swinging.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Aleksander13_Scot
Meatbag

Post by Aleksander13_Scot » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on a similar idea with an older thread.
A long hammer with 14 HP damage and excellent durability. With high knockback, and with slow attack it is similar to the fire ax.
Practical way to clear path, breaking boxes and other objects. Its unusual spawn. When thrown it will go in a very short distance,
but still with a very strong damage if you hit on your enemy.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/172102812 ... -l1000.jpg
0 x

Scout[tf2]
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map maker
SFD Account: Scout(tf2)
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by Scout[tf2] » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on a similar idea with an older thread.
Variant 1:
Rarity: Uncommon or even rare
Damage: 14
Length: 16 WU (just like axe)
Weight: Same as axe
Unique stat: A 3 hit combo in which on 3rd hit (Like in team fortress 2 with gunslinger) will knock enemy on a ground, even through block. In order to this combo work, players are forced to do 3 hits. (Stuff like hit 2 times and then jump-attack wont work). Also player slowed down a little bit while having sledgehammer equipped.

Variant 2:
Rarity: Uncommon
Damage: 17
Length: 16 WU (just like axe)
Weight: Same as axe
Unique stat: Being able to destroy wooden cover with 1 hit.
0 x
I need MOAR HADZ!

Guille_dlC
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Guille_dlC
SFD Alias: Ghost
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.6.0

Post by Guille_dlC » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:11 am
Guys, All the melee weapons have the same swing speeds. None of them swing faster than any other weapon. The only melee attacks that are faster are fists, which are only faster after the first hit. This means fists swing faster than other weapons after the first swing, but only fists do this and all weapons have the same attack speed otherwise.
How do you know this? Did you perhaps... get inside the game files...?
0 x
Remove melee