Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Scraper
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Scrapper
SFD Alias: Scrapper
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1
Re: capacity to increase tile weight in map editor

Post by Scraper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 pm

This can be made with Scripting.
0 x

Robert550
Meatbag
SFD Account: Robert550

Post by Robert550 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Oh really? Could not you help me with this?
0 x
you die in the end ;)

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release

Post by Katrtlen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Please add more cursor options while testing a map in editor. Till now you are only able to move objects with LMB, i though of more ways to affect on objects and players:

Click on any object with RMB to open a context menu, here are the commands:
  • Destroy: Destroy an object.
  • Total Destroy: Completely destroy an object, this means that it will make breakable objects don't leave any debris or destroyed versions.
  • Ignite: Make an object start burning.
  • Activate: Activate an activatable object like Button00
  • Hurt: Deal enough damage to object to make it turn gray. Doesn't affect player.
  • Burn: Only on players. It will set them on large fire instead of small fire which can be done using Ignite option.
Some options may not appear on certain objects because they will be useless. Using Ignite or Burn option on dead body will make it burned.
1 x
Green buttons are good

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Katrtlen wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm
Please add more cursor options while testing a map in editor. Till now you are only able to move objects with LMB, i though of more ways to affect on objects and players:

Click on any object with RMB to open a context menu, here are the commands:
  • Destroy: Destroy an object.
  • Total Destroy: Completely destroy an object, this means that it will make breakable objects don't leave any debris or destroyed versions.
  • Ignite: Make an object start burning.
  • Activate: Activate an activatable object like Button00
  • Hurt: Deal enough damage to object to make it turn gray. Doesn't affect player.
  • Burn: Only on players. It will set them on large fire instead of small fire which can be done using Ignite option.
Some options may not appear on certain objects because they will be useless. Using Ignite or Burn option on dead body will make it burned.
The current mouse debug mode is derived from original Box2D library, maybe only adapted to work in the SFD editor, the mode can also show the collision boxes of the objects with AltGr, stopping the mouse tracking at the same time (same done with Ctrl but it won't show the collision boxes though).

Adding all of these options you said it's possible with scripts, the only thing devs should add would be a way to read mouse and keyboard keystrokes (as already said in other threads, it's more likely they will add only keyboard reading rather than both) and then I could even provide you something like what you wanted.
1 x

Cherrybowl
Meatbag
SFD Account: homie

Post by Cherrybowl » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 pm

I think invisible portals would be a cool addition. I want to make a level with pipes you can jump in to get teleported somewhere else but it doesn't work with the normal portals.
Or maybe a transparency slider.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 am

Cherrybowl wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:32 pm
I think invisible portals would be a cool addition. I want to make a level with pipes you can jump in to get teleported somewhere else but it doesn't work with the normal portals.
Or maybe a transparency slider.
simple and crude script for this. :D

There's nothing wrong with your idea but, really, it can be done simply with a small script, if you will post your request in the script API section, we will provide you a solution for your problem.
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Metallioneer
SFD Account: Shock
SFD Alias: (#MH):Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 pm

*New idea*
Ability to set any BG or Solid tile on Foreground , Sure if this possible...
0 x
-Minigame-maker.
melodic hardcore the best.

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Shock wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 pm
*New idea*
I think that changing the tiles groups behavior in order to use tiles on every (or almost every) layer type (background, farbackground, foreground, etc..) would be enough, if only it was implemented.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 pm
Shock wrote:
*New idea*
I think that changing the tiles groups behavior in order to use tiles on every (or almost every) layer type (background, farbackground, foreground, etc..) would be enough, if only it was implemented.
Sorry, Hjarpe insisted to have the tiles in specific groups that mustn't never be mixed together when we started making the game. It's a technical inheritance today that we can't change easily without possibly breaking all existing maps. :)
3 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm
JakSparro98 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 pm
Shock wrote:
*New idea*
Sorry, Hjarpe insisted to have the tiles in specific groups that mustn't never be mixed together when we started making the game. It's a technical inheritance today that we can't change easily without possibly breaking all existing maps. :)
Okey... :( , How about adding some things to Foreground , like Shadows , any Blocks or something?
0 x
-Minigame-maker.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm
Sorry folks, it seemed like a good idea at the time. That's the worst part of working on a game for half a decade... you have to live with the decisions made by some fucking idiot (you 5 years ago).

I'll add some foreground shadow tiles for the next update.
5 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 am

Currently OnDestroyed trigger is triggered only once when it reaches his destroy count, it could be usefull to add a repeat count like time triggers or simply a boolean to make the destroy counter to reset when it reaches enough destroyed objects, this could be used when the trigger have more objects to be destroyed in several stages and consequently to even trigger the OnDestroyed multiple times.
0 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm

a useful setting in the map editor would be to Enable/Disable Critical shots.

basicly im asking to add a bool to Game() , "Game.CriticalshotsEnabled" , maybe also make it a setting in the server .

for map making , this would allow for scripted events to be completely possible (no risk of ruining an event by a critical shot) .

in terms of Game experience it is an acceptable setting in my opinion (although it's not much of a change to the game) .
0 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Armadyl5 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm
a useful setting in the map editor would be to Enable/Disable Critical shots.

basicly im asking to add a bool to Game() , "Game.CriticalshotsEnabled" , maybe also make it a setting in the server .

for map making , this would allow for scripted events to be completely possible (no risk of ruining an event by a critical shot) .

in terms of Game experience it is an acceptable setting in my opinion (although it's not much of a change to the game) .
This makes me think about the possibility to handle critical and damage dealt for script-spawned projectiles, currently you can only control how a projectile behave trough a player affected by a modifier, It could be usefull to add this overload for the SpawnProjectile method
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 pm

How about invisible Weak object? Or something like...

SetWeakObjectTrigger(useful for solid tiles , objects (and probably bg for explosions or fire))
-ability to set the damage for some object , of Projectile/Punches/Kicks and etc.
-ability to set the health of object for any damage.
1 x
-Minigame-maker.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:48 am

How about the ability to hide DialogueTrigger's message from the chat? Speech bubbles are nice and all, but multiple will easily flood the chat.
1 x

SAURABH
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Dangerous Dave
SFD Alias: Dave
Started SFD: June 2016
Post by SAURABH » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 am

Can there be more sorting options when opening a map, with "Name" and "Type".

I would like a "Date modified" option to search for most recently downloaded or edited map faster in case of opening a map from over 40 maps in a folder.
6 x
Just play for Fun! *joins Clan*

MOOADAM
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 pm

how about just making the map editor simpler in the first place, (i assume that's hard to do but I'm just saying) because i think any random person should be able to create a map, but hey the game isn't about map making its about superfighting.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 pm
how about just making the map editor simpler in the first place, (i assume that's hard to do but I'm just saying) because i think any random person should be able to create a map, but hey the game isn't about map making its about superfighting.
Do you have any specific designs in mind that will make the editor much simpler to use?
In it's core you only need to drag in tiles from the right list into the workspace and you have a map to play.
4 x
Gurt

MOOADAM
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 am

Gurt wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm
MOOADAM wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 pm
Do you have any specific designs in mind that will make the editor much simpler to use?
In it's core you only need to drag in tiles from the right list into the workspace and you have a map to play.
Last time i checked it (which was about a year ago) i spent like 20 minutes trying to do stuff and place mess but couldn't figure it out. So it was really me just not knowing how to use it. I spent a little more time on it about an hour ago and i have much better understanding,[is there a way to test the map in the middle of making it???] Also i guess my new suggestion is, How about a tutorial fro the map editor or something like that?
0 x