Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 am

jamisco wrote:In map editor, we should be able to rotate objects and items .... by rotate i mean like circularly a full 0 - 360 revolution
This is already possible, if you disable the grid snap you can even rotate a tile freely ;)
4 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:55 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
jamisco wrote:In map editor, we should be able to rotate objects and items .... by rotate i mean like circularly a full 0 - 360 revolution
This is already possible, if you disable the grid snap you can even rotate a tile freely ;)
The help section covers all the basic controls including movement, rotation, duplication, selection, layer depth etc...
1 x
Gurt

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Pricey » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 am

Add more foreground tiles, so far we only have FgStone and the addition of more foreground tiles could bring some interesting background combinations.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 am

A cofee-maker for the BG would be great.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

iq2300
Meatbag
Title: Pyromaniac
SFD Account: IQ2300
SFD Alias: Jon Doe (usually)
Post by iq2300 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 am

I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
0 x
I Dont Really want to set the wooooorld onnn fireeeeeee..

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm

iq2300 wrote:I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
You should try the SpawnPlayer's "Spawn team" property. Just make sure to place enough of them to cover up to 8 players (as you can set up to 8 players in the same team!). So 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 1, 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 2, etc... Also place out 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team "None". Test your SpawnPlayer markers using the Test Options menu before starting.
0 x
Gurt

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am

Gurt wrote:
iq2300 wrote:I want it so that when you set a spawn to a certain team, it can be in verses mode, because I don't know how to scripts, but I want to be able to have certain spawns start on teams.
You should try the SpawnPlayer's "Spawn team" property. Just make sure to place enough of them to cover up to 8 players (as you can set up to 8 players in the same team!). So 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 1, 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team 2, etc... Also place out 8 SpawnPlayer markers for team "None". Test your SpawnPlayer markers using the Test Options menu before starting.
That only works if I set the map to a custom gamemode, (at least for me) And custom gamemodes dont end when there is 1 player or team left unless you script, and I dont know How to script.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

iq2300 wrote:
Gurt wrote:
That only works if I set the map to a custom gamemode, (at least for me) And custom gamemodes dont end when there is 1 player or team left unless you script, and I dont know How to script.
Not all mapmakers needs to know how to script, you can also post your request in the script API section, remember to include more details you can about how the script should be and someone will provide you a solution.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 pm

iq2300 wrote:
Gurt wrote:
You also need to set SpawnOrder from 1 to 8 for each team in order to get it working. The SpawnOrder shouldn't be mandatory but it looks like it is so I will fix that for the next update.
0 x
Gurt

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am

I'd like there to be paintings, because I sometimes end op making big rooms, but having a super empty backround. SO like, smaller versions of stuff like the billboards and posters, maybe with frames too.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
I would like there to be more foreground tiles, because there are not a huge amount right now, for instance if there was like foreground wood you could make some cool like the camera is in the trees effects.
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Metallioneer
SFD Account: Shock
SFD Alias: (#MH):Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat May 06, 2017 5:41 pm

PlayerModlifier Info : LandingType

My idea : this is just new modifier inf type , which can make u "everytime fall" or "perfect landing everytime"
So , we have 3 cases...

1. perfect landing - which will make ur landing on the ground safely(only) ,(for every height).
2. always falling - that will make ur landing fallful forever and for every height.
3. advanced landing - where you can set ur own height for safely landing.
1 x
-Minigamer
Pewds : skrattar du förlorar du!

Don't click!

iq2300
Meatbag
Post by iq2300 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 am

What if there was a gameover marker, to end the game after it had been triggered?
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 pm

The second idea for now : PlayerModifierInfoJumpLevel
we have only 1 type;

1.Jump level - where you can set your jump Modifier...

can also be combined with PlayerModifier Info : LandingType
P.S - Look up
0 x
-Minigamer

Don't click!

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm

It could be nice if you add all the sounds avaiable on the SoundMarker in the map editor. This could be interesting and requested if we're talking about aventure maps. Also, it could not be necessary to break our heads to find and use all the sounds in SFD using the API (As someone did before in a topic).
1 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Tue May 09, 2017 6:54 am

So... The next idea is : Weather Zone
You can set the terrain of snow or rain somewhere , its works like "AreaTrigger"

1.Snow
2.Rain

I dont know which marker is better

5 x
-Minigamer

Don't click!

TheBlackshot
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Tue May 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I really need a "NoPlayerZone" marker, where anything but players can enter. For players, it'll be just like an invisible wall with no melee ability. I'm sure Gurt is against the invisible walls type of design, however certain (custom) maps (that already found a semi solution to this with the vertical platforms) would benefit from this addition. Sorry, if someone already mentioned something quite like this.
1 x
Blame the game, not the player

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:30 pm

More foreground tiles would add to the depth of maps. If we could get some foreground railing, or foreground jail cell bars that would be awesome. A foreground single brick would be a good addition becuase then we could make broken down walls in the foreground. Also some foreground plants would be amazing; to fight behind a tree or a bush.
4 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Here is a few of my ideas dear friends...

1.ClientSideCameraTrigger
Will follow each player separately.
-Ability to set the radius of individual tracking
-Ability to turn off the visibility of nicknames that are outside the camera or outside of other players
-Ability to set the time of tracking , lowering - camera will move fluidly , and increasing - instantly.

2.WeatherZoneTrigger
Weather , which will be located in a certain area
-Snow , Rain
-Ability to disable and enable the trigger
For example, in the adventure maps , when you approach the boss , the rain begins.

*3.ImpactDamageTakenModifier improve
-The ability to enable a soft landing
-Ability to set the height of safe drop.

4.LandingTrigger
-The area , where player will land safely.
-Ability to set the height of safe drop.

*5.PlayerCommandTrigger improve
-The ability to put the nearest "source player"
-Ability to set the visibility radius of player , for bot.

6.EffectTrigger
-Ability to use all game effects.

Thank you for your attention.
6 x
-Minigamer

Don't click!

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Shock wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm
Here is a few of my ideas dear friends...
*cough* the first idea was mine *cough*
Anyway, the client camera is a really nice name to get the point of his use.
0 x

Robert550
Meatbag
SFD Account: Robert550

Post by Robert550 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a standalone thread with this one. Note some of the replies below refer to this post (used to be a thread) and not the main topic.
What do you think about a maker that can change the weight of the tile? with it you can add or decrease the weight of the object with this you can make a tile 8x8 crush everything apparently This seems a not so good idea that has other methods but for what I was thinking this would be necessary so what do you think?
0 x
you die in the end ;)