Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
[HERC]riotz
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: legitdegit
Started SFD: 2016

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by [HERC]riotz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:43 am

here what about allowing player command trigger to remove the created npc ai(by using the player source to specifically make npc change ai) now what i mean is that since the npc with the current engine if they have predefined AI they cant be controlled with player command trigger thus we need to have it either be possibile to use the playercommandtrigger or clear player command to change the AI of it in game (for example the bot would first have no predefined AI on round start and then with the playercommandtrigger it'll "inject" the Fighting Ai(tutorialmeleeA) to attack the player
this might be a really awful idea but since we'll get an update someday i decided i want my suggestion to be heard somewhere
0 x
i sense a number of people that dont want the game to be a paid product

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 am

I will put this in the map editor topic since i have object ideas with their additions

Thanks for @Vitamin E and @[Failman] for ideas and help.

1.I was thinking, we could use piles of snow to make snowballs with the snow pile[we can also set the amount of snowballs, that we can take there], getting smaller the more snowballs we make until it’s a lump. We could also add icicles, that falls down when shot at as a stage hazard in snow themed level, players can come up with using hazards according to that stages theme.
► Show Spoiler
2.Adding some light sources with different colors can be helpful while making different "map's-mindset" or atmosphere you need.
Field and Hay stack is the next objects/tiles that we can use while making different types of fields.
► Show Spoiler
All materials
5 x
-Content-maker.

[HERC]riotz
Fighter
Fighter

Post by [HERC]riotz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:19 pm

we actually already have a playercommandtrigger and it's quite similair to what you asked for (botactiontrigger)
it allow the cpu to do action and such
for the botcontrolpath The Area trigger can be used to do filter object so it only allow certain object to trigger it(in this case a bot)
other than that some of the requested feature is recreatable but not all of them are with the current existing marker so we might need a unique one for certain thing
0 x

[HERC]riotz
Fighter
Fighter

Post by [HERC]riotz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm

give item trigger and Object clear zone (similair to gibzone)
give item trigger So how it work is that you place it in a map and it'll require a source player(or in this case a new special way of targetting a person who activated a trigger which i have no idea how would anyone implement it) it'll spawn item that can be picked up but it'll "replace" the already existing item in the player inventory (aka make him force drop anything he have in the inventory prior if it take up the same slot) it'll work like the spawn weapon trigger exept it can only target a player(and bot player alike) it'll be quite odd to implement this but it'll work in a way that so if a player were to presses a certain button with a random trigger attached to this it'll make one of the player get weapon that is either weak or powerful

[OBJECT CLEAR ZONE] what it does is that it have an ability to either filter object that get destroyed or just work like a glorified gibzone that can target what it can destroy, it'll [BY DEFAULT AND PLANNED] work like a gibzone but only destroy weapon (or object which will be selectable) it'll have an ability to filter what object to destroy(already said in above) other than that it'll be great for making like a weapon clear zone so player will have to act fast to get weapon before it hit this area to get the weapon
this is again another stupid and not really any game changing idea but rather a concept that might work for some and not work for other(nonetheless not everything have to be used in a map for it to be a map)
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:30 pm

[HERC]riotz wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm
give item trigger and Object clear zone (similair to gibzone)
give item trigger So how it work is that you place it in a map and it'll require a source player(or in this case a new special way of targetting a person who activated a trigger which i have no idea how would anyone implement it) it'll spawn item that can be picked up but it'll "replace" the already existing item in the player inventory (aka make him force drop anything he have in the inventory prior if it take up the same slot) it'll work like the spawn weapon trigger exept it can only target a player(and bot player alike) it'll be quite odd to implement this but it'll work in a way that so if a player were to presses a certain button with a random trigger attached to this it'll make one of the player get weapon that is either weak or powerful

[OBJECT CLEAR ZONE] what it does is that it have an ability to either filter object that get destroyed or just work like a glorified gibzone that can target what it can destroy, it'll [BY DEFAULT AND PLANNED] work like a gibzone but only destroy weapon (or object which will be selectable) it'll have an ability to filter what object to destroy(already said in above) other than that it'll be great for making like a weapon clear zone so player will have to act fast to get weapon before it hit this area to get the weapon
this is again another stupid and not really any game changing idea but rather a concept that might work for some and not work for other(nonetheless not everything have to be used in a map for it to be a map)
All you asked could be easily implemented via scripts, I often try to figure out if some of these suggestion can be feasible with the ScriptAPI we have today, also because if we can decrease the devs' work in some manner that will result in more interesting game addition later, since they bypassed some little ideas that have already been scripted by the users and prioritized others.

The only lack is that we cannot target a player like the command trigger do, but we can track who entered an area trigger or pressed a button easily.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 am

It'd be nice if there was a way to add a collection of maps as a single workshop entry as opposed to having to upload each one individually.
2 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 am

Pricey wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 am
It'd be nice if there was a way to add a collection of maps as a single workshop entry as opposed to having to upload each one individually.
Take a look at the so called "collections"
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 am
Pricey wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 am
Take a look at the so called "collections"
From what I can see here, these maps were uploaded invidiually then put into a collection, I want to be able to upload multiple maps at the same time.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Pricey wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 am

From what I can see here, these maps were uploaded invidiually then put into a collection, I want to be able to upload multiple maps at the same time.
So you're describing a way to upload more map entries (every map still has their own steam pages) by opening the publish dialog only once, or do you want to publish one single entry containing more than one map?
0 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Doors that can be opened and closed by using the action key, (just like minecraft's doors, i know it's not the best example but you will get the idea) also this doors will only open/close when there are no players/big items between and will come in two variations:

-Wooden door (it's breakable by shooting/punching).
-Metal door (unbreakable).
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 am

Cabo_Fiambre wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 pm
Doors that can be opened and closed by using the action key, (just like minecraft's doors, i know it's not the best example but you will get the idea) also this doors will only open/close when there are no players/big items between and will come in two variations:

Some time ago @Motto73 made a template of a door using no scripts, I suggest you to check out his work.
2 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:56 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 am
Cabo_Fiambre wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Some time ago @Motto73 made a template of a door using no scripts, I suggest you to check out his work.
I already seen some door tiles in game folder, and i'll be waiting for real ingame doors.
1 x
-Content-maker.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Something nice that would be a welcomed addition for me would be to group weapons into Melee, Primary, Secondary, etc. categories when altering their spawn chances, that way you could set all primaries, secondaries, melee weapons to 0 without having to individually go through and change each one. These weapon-wide spawn chances would also affect new weapons when they're added to the game (i.e. the MP50 is spawning on maps where I have disabled gun spawns, and needing to go back and edit all maps without gun spawns seems a bit arbitrary and pointless.
0 x

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:08 am

My idea: Why not add a jump height modifier to the playermodifierinfo? that will be useful for some maps.
2 x

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Post by Katrtlen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 pm

TileRotationLock is a marker made for locking rotation on dynamic targets, making them not change angle yet still move and fall.

Such marker at first may not sound useful, but with my not so long experience with editor I already had plenty of situations where locking rotation would be very helpful. It would be most useful when wielded objects are rotating or rolling on map and you want a platform with them where players or objects can stand on (like a floor) while rest of machinery is rotating around, and without such marker floor will simply rotate along with whole thing.

Tile Properties:

Texture: https://imgur.com/sF9Q0l8

Object ID: ---
Target Objects: Objects you want to affect.
Lock Type: Type of rotation disabling.
Angle: Only angle will stay the same, in case of being wielded to dynamic objects it will rotate with whole thing yet keep same angle.
Rotation: Angle stays the same, in case of being wielded to dynamic objects it will keep it's position as if it's not a part of rotating thing yet still moves by X and Y axis along with wielded objects.
Active: If marker is enabled or disabled, gives extra possibilities in creations.

Trivia:
- If wheels are targets to TileRotationLock, they won't roll.
- If such marker will be added, it's very recommended to always use AfterCollisionTile on wielded objects with locked target and disable collisions between objects to avoid any collision and hitbox issues. (if not game crashes) Maybe it's even needed to make targets always not colliding with all static objects.
0 x
Green buttons are good

Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Post by Jovani » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 am

I would like that trigger areas can be made thinner like deflect area to place them in positions where it does not have to be wider or longer.

An example about this:
Putting a trigger area that when you enter it causes damage because it is intended that this be a laser and the trigger area is in laser dimensions, so that it can not cause damage from a distance where the laser is not visible.
Last edited by Jovani on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:23 am

Returning the old Atlas Statue.
Instead of deleting you can leave 2 atlas statues.

5 x
-Content-maker.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Shock wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:23 am

I would even go further than this and advocate to bring back a lot of the old textures at alternates of current ones (old billboards, etc.). You can never have too much choice.
5 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 pm

I would like to add... Maybe returning old FBG tiles would be also nice?

0 x
-Content-maker.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Shock wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:23 am

Wait... This used to be a thing? Relative to a lot of you I have played this game for a much shorter amount of time, but jeez. Yeah but that is a pretty cool looking statue. Looks like something I would see in an area populated with the Metro Law.
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst