Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SuperStar
SFD Account: Jak Mike

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 am

MOOADAM wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 am
Gurt wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm
MOOADAM wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 pm
how about just making the map editor simpler in the first place, (i assume that's hard to do but I'm just saying) because i think any random person should be able to create a map, but hey the game isn't about map making its about superfighting.
Do you have any specific designs in mind that will make the editor much simpler to use?
In it's core you only need to drag in tiles from the right list into the workspace and you have a map to play.
[is there a way to test the map in the middle of making it???]

Also i guess my new suggestion is, How about a tutorial fro the map editor or something like that?
Yes,you can always test your map's in middle by pressing F5 key

There is also a Template map given in the folder,Its much like a tutorial map for beginners.Which show's every basic part for map making.
4 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 am
--
but hey the game isn't about map making its about superfighting.
--
Last time i checked it (which was about a year ago) i spent like 20 minutes trying to do stuff and place mess but couldn't figure it out. So it was really me just not knowing how to use it. I spent a little more time on it about an hour ago and i have much better understanding,[is there a way to test the map in the middle of making it???] Also i guess my new suggestion is, How about a tutorial fro the map editor or something like that?
Yes, for most of the people the game is about superfighting, but there is the part of community that mostly makes maps/scripts.

Usually I have a lot of suggestions on how to make something simpler or easier, more visual or anythign that could improve something. But honestly, I don't have any ideas how SFD map editor could be done more intuitive or simple. You drag a tile, resize it and leave it where you want to. On every tile with some functions there is a help button with detailed info what it does. For example SpawnPlayer:

If you don't understand the meaning of ? symbol (which is universally used as "help") there literally is a "Help" menu in top of the screen:

A good idea is to read the instructions before using anything. The F11 help window contains everything you need to know about the tiles, their relations and usage. (If you are doing some coding you might find the ScriptApi useful.)

Spending 20 minutes or one hour might sound a lot for you, but a lot map makers, like me, who make maps for everyone to enjoy, use multiple hours every day. Making maps is simply time-consuming, no matter how simple the controls are. Also, the help section is literally "Tutorial" already:
5 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 pm

I'd like to have more plants and wildlife here. For example rug-like grass tiles and bushes would be very nice.
4 x

7rodo
Meatbag
Title: The almighty annoying person.
SFD Account: 7rodo[YouTube]
SFD Alias: Nobody
Started SFD: 10 minutes ago

Post by 7rodo » Fri May 25, 2018 3:08 pm

Hydrate tank? When attacked it sprinkles water up the way and the water fades away...
0 x