Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Some melee weapons should block shock baton

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Re: Some melee weapons should block shock baton

Post by Danger Ross » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:07 pm
Again no argument, you just stated what you said previously, that his argument were nonsense, do you even bother at this point?
I repeated it because I thought you were confused. I don't know if you're familiar to this concept in debate, but that is called a "counter argument" or a "rebuttal". It's when you make an argument on somebody else's argument to discredit them. When somebody makes an argument like this it means that the other person had a very poor argument and their claim becomes weaker. You're actually doing the same thing right now.
You're trying to counter my counter argument by saying it's meaningless. Though, of course that's not true because of what I just wrote previously.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:59 am

Danger Ross wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:07 pm
Again no argument, you just stated what you said previously, that his argument were nonsense, do you even bother at this point?
I repeated it because I thought you were confused. I don't know if you're familiar to this concept in debate, but that is called a "counter argument" or a "rebuttal". It's when you make an argument on somebody else's argument to discredit them. When somebody makes an argument like this it means that the other person had a very poor argument and their claim becomes weaker. You're actually doing the same thing right now.
You're trying to counter my counter argument by saying it's meaningless. Though, of course that's not true because of what I just wrote previously.
It's not a counter argument, it would have been, if you'd explain why his argument were no sense, but you didn't, you dropped the ball after writing that.
2 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:06 pm

i would love to have the opportunity to take on the shock baton. as of now, there is no potential way to block or avoid it's stun. it becomes tiresome running and keeping the distance from it. and it is not even as intimidating as the chainsaw or bazooka to make a run as far as the theme suggests.

it doesn't even lose it's charges when you miss your hit, therefore giving the user complete advantage to track down the opponent and land all of its charges, as much as he gets closer to you without any hesitation. as that said, i cannot trick the user in wasting the entire shock baton. hence, making it a guaranteed stun locker and a boring weapon. which is quite the opposite for the weapons which i mentioned above.

it is silly to see of stuff lying around in shock baton's case, while we can make good use of those only-nonconductive sheath weapons like chairs, cue sticks, flag poles to block and neutralize shock baton's charges.
This is the only logical way we have come up to make shock baton ineffective situationally with closer to the game's - wooden objects catching fire before nonwooden ones. doesn't that ring any bells?. so yeah sums up with that.

also, keep in mind that the 'rarity' for weapons shouldn't come into discussions. it is about how the weapon is spawned and how we are supposed to tackle them.
3 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:06 pm
i would love to have the opportunity to take on the shock baton. as of now, there is no potential way to block or avoid it's stun. it becomes tiresome running and keeping the distance from it. and it is not even as intimidating as the chainsaw or bazooka to make a run as far as the theme suggests.

it doesn't even lose it's charges when you miss your hit, therefore giving the user complete advantage to track down the opponent and land all of its charges, as much as he gets closer to you without any hesitation. as that said, i cannot trick the user in wasting the entire shock baton. hence, making it a guaranteed stun locker and a boring weapon. which is quite the opposite for the weapons which i mentioned above.

it is silly to see of stuff lying around in shock baton's case, while we can make good use of those only-nonconductive sheath weapons like chairs, cue sticks, flag poles to block and neutralize shock baton's charges.
This is the only logical way we have come up to make shock baton ineffective situationally with closer to the game's - wooden objects catching fire before nonwooden ones. doesn't that ring any bells?. so yeah sums up with that.

also, keep in mind that the 'rarity' for weapons shouldn't come into discussions. it is about how the weapon is spawned and how we are supposed to tackle them.
Noice. Somebody spoke up.
1 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png