Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

My suggestion for an Intelligence Boost

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Re: My suggestion for an Intelligence Boost

Post by StarNord » Sat May 04, 2019 12:27 am

mgtr14 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 pm
I agree with the post up until "This leaves only...".
I don't really care about the boost's name, but I think the current one fits well.
I just came up with a name on the spot and typed it down plus, I was imagining that the boost would give you additional senses since it was an injection but I guess it didn't really land...
mgtr14 wrote:
I don't understand the first solution, you leave it with underwhelming effects and try to remedy it with infinite duration.
Exactly, it'll be like a laser sight for weapons with arcing or bouncing projectiles, it'd be more of an attachment than a powerup.

However I didn't consider the radius ability which I also meant to exclude but probably forgot it was even suggested, my bad.
mgtr14 wrote:
Trajectory prediction is useless without anything to shoot...
Just as how the laser-sight is useless without anything to shoot, which is why I suggested an infinite duration
mgtr14 wrote:
...and X-ray vision is useless without any crates to look for. The strength boost is overall useful because it lets you knock your enemies around further, or lets you deal alot of damage in melee, or give you a chance to avenge yourself when you're at 0HP.
The X-ray vision is also overall useful because there are always crates lying around, just as there are always players to beat up with the strength boost and players to run from or after with the speed boost.
mgtr14 wrote:
I also don't agree with splitting up the effects into each separate item. This makes each item quite situational (Which was one of your points against the item)
I don't know why situational was the word I went with... Now that I think about it, I meant to say that the powerup would rarely be used to it's fullest potential in any game, and would be used for a chosen specific purpose, like seeing the explosion or trigger radius of explosive equipment, or finding the trajectory of weapons with arcing or bouncing projectiles, or knowing what's inside supply crates, it had too many abilities and needed to be chopped up so it could be used for only one specific purpose like other "boosts"
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat May 04, 2019 11:20 am

StarNord wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:27 am
mgtr14 wrote:
Trajectory prediction is useless without anything to shoot...
Just as how the laser-sight is useless without anything to shoot, which is why I suggested an infinite duration
Except only 3 weapons in the game have projectiles that are affected by gravity and can make use of this powerup, as opposed to literally all of the other weapons in the pool (bar the sniper rifle) that can make good use of the laser sight attachment. Unless you're also talking about showing the trajectory of thrown equipment? Still, that's quite situational; I don't really think we need another laser sight, I feel it's not the "unique" and revolutionary powerup you were looking to suggest here.
StarNord wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:27 am
mgtr14 wrote:
...and X-ray vision is useless without any crates to look for. The strength boost is overall useful because it lets you knock your enemies around further, or lets you deal alot of damage in melee, or give you a chance to avenge yourself when you're at 0HP.
The X-ray vision is also overall useful because there are always crates lying around, just as there are always players to beat up with the strength boost and players to run from or after with the speed boost.
Are crate drops predetermined or do they spawn as soon as supply crates are broken? I don't know how that works so I can't say, but I'm assuming it's the latter. If it is the latter that feature would not be feasible to implement since the game decides what item to spawn only when the crate is opened, up until that point it can be any weapon in that crate's category.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat May 04, 2019 8:00 pm

I was told to elaborate on my opinion further on why this item will be insignificant, hence I will do so here.

-All it really adds are guide lines, and doesn’t really effects the players gameplay on a physical level asside from adding visuals.

-The skilled player will possibly already have this info on where the bullet will end up essentially instilled in their brain, rendering the item almost useless for some.

-I would hope an item like a power-up would provide a change in stat of the player or environment such as the slow mo and speed/strength boosts. I was thinking maybe an improvement in accuracy with less bullet spread could come as a result, as well as maybe providing a slow motion effect if we are going on the path of focus.
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst