Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

My suggestion for an Intelligence Boost

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Lone
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:00 pm
SFD Account: Lone

My suggestion for an Intelligence Boost

Post by Lone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:29 pm

How useful?
The intelligence boost would be for players, after taking the medicine, could "calculate" where their rubber bullets would fall
Image
Purely inlustrative image

Could he "calculate" his bullet grenade launcher would fall
Image
Purely inlustrative image

they would know which weapon would be in the box before it was even opened
Image
Purely inlustrative image

They would know how much a mine would explode
Image
Purely inlustrative image

They would know the distance at which a grenade would explode
Image
Purely inlustrative image

And they would know "Calculate" all the damage given to him and the other players
Image
Purely inlustrative image

How would that work?
The remedy would have a white coloration, even if its effect would be with blue arrows, would last 20 seconds and leave numbers above the player's head on the effect of that remedy. It would have no side effects.
Image
Purely inlustrative image

Why does SuperFightersDeluxe need this?
In addition to punching, kicking and running this game is also a strategy game, and since we have solutions to increase strength and speed, why not a remedy to increase intelligence, think about it.
10 x
Believe me, this pain you're feeling will only get worse.

User avatar
MuxxSuper
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:33 am
SFD Account: MuxxSuper
Gender:

Post by MuxxSuper » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:09 am

This idea is very good, I liked the idea of ​​seeing what's inside the supply box like a x-ray vision
0 x

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 am

Nahhhhh. Too much crazy stuff will only ruin the game tbh. I will use GTA V as an example. They literally have flying bikes, flying cars, VTOLS, and all this insane stuff. It used to be far simpler, and far better this way
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X
Gender:
Age: 15

Post by piterskiy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am

i'd vote yes but i agree with rickavory, game already gained a ton of new items in a short time period. maybe with a next big update i'll agree to add this
Last edited by piterskiy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:49 am
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0
Gender:
Contact:

Post by GreenyShark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 am

This is basically Laser Sight 2.0
1 x

User avatar
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Gender:

Post by mgtr14 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 am
Nahhhhh. Too much crazy stuff will only ruin the game tbh. I will use GTA V as an example. They literally have flying bikes, flying cars, VTOLS, and all this insane stuff. It used to be far simpler, and far better this way
piterskiy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am
i'd vote yes but i agree with rickavory, game already gained a ton of new items in a short time period. maybe with a next big update i'll agree to add this
GreenyShark wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 am
This is basically Laser Sight 2.0
I don't understand this criticism. I don't see how this is anything like "Flying cars and bikes" in GTA V, nor do I think this is too crazy in any way. This game could always use new, unique items (IMO).

I think this is a very interesting kind of boost instead of the obvious strength and speed boosts.
Using this boost, I can land harder shots way more consistently and with complete accuracy, already making me very formiddable (Depending on the weapons I have). Not only that, I know exactly which crate will give me what I need. A "damage calculator" will let me know how much damage I'll deal and will also let me plan better. These are all very interesting perks that, when used well, has potential for great plays and strategies.

I'm all for an intelligence boost, but I will point out that a crate's contents will have to be determined when it spawns, although I don't know if the game already does that.
5 x
Shut up bitch!!

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Wed May 01, 2019 10:43 pm

mgtr14 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 am
Nahhhhh. Too much crazy stuff will only ruin the game tbh. I will use GTA V as an example. They literally have flying bikes, flying cars, VTOLS, and all this insane stuff. It used to be far simpler, and far better this way
piterskiy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am
i'd vote yes but i agree with rickavory, game already gained a ton of new items in a short time period. maybe with a next big update i'll agree to add this
GreenyShark wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 am
This is basically Laser Sight 2.0
I don't understand this criticism. I don't see how this is anything like "Flying cars and bikes" in GTA V, nor do I think this is too crazy in any way. This game could always use new, unique items (IMO).

I think this is a very interesting kind of boost instead of the obvious strength and speed boosts.
Using this boost, I can land harder shots way more consistently and with complete accuracy, already making me very formiddable (Depending on the weapons I have). Not only that, I know exactly which crate will give me what I need. A "damage calculator" will let me know how much damage I'll deal and will also let me plan better. These are all very interesting perks that, when used well, has potential for great plays and strategies.

I'm all for an intelligence boost, but I will point out that a crate's contents will have to be determined when it spawns, although I don't know if the game already does that.
A lot of power ups were added recently, and a lot of people are quick to critique them and already state how it ruins the game. Personally I think it’s a nice touch, but we should wait for an idea to exceed all expectations.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Thu May 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Just because people critique them doesn't mean they were bad additions. People would critique anything. It doesn't make sense to wait if it doesn't offer anything to the table... It's either this feature exists in Superfighters Deluxe or it doesn't.. It's that simple. These criticisms don't make any sense so try to review the content of the change instead of vague assumptions.
1 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Just because people critique them doesn't mean they were bad additions. People would critique anything. It doesn't make sense to wait if it doesn't offer anything to the table... It's either this feature exists in Superfighters Deluxe or it doesn't.. It's that simple. These criticisms don't make any sense so try to review the content of the change instead of vague assumptions.
That wasn’t my point. My point is that the next feature should hit out of the ball park. It should be very creative and unique. Is that too much to ask? Lol. My fear is that we will end up with 50 power ups with minor and useless features.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm
That wasn’t my point. My point is that the next feature should hit out of the ball park. It should be very creative and unique. Is that too much to ask? Lol. My fear is that we will end up with 50 power ups with minor and useless features.
Discussing the next update and this suggested feature are two completely different things. The only thing you should be focused on in this topic is how it would affect the overall gameplay.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm
That wasn’t my point. My point is that the next feature should hit out of the ball park. It should be very creative and unique. Is that too much to ask? Lol. My fear is that we will end up with 50 power ups with minor and useless features.
Discussing the next update and this suggested feature are two completely different things. The only thing you should be focused on in this topic is how it would affect the overall gameplay.
This absolutely has to do with my point. It doesn’t reach the “out of he ball park” scale that I believe it should have to be worthy of an addition. They’re in direct relation.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm
This absolutely has to do with my point. It doesn’t reach the “out of he ball park” scale that I believe it should have to be worthy of an addition. They’re in direct relation.
I don't doubt that "the next feature" has something to do with YOUR point, but this TOPIC isn't about your point. It's about Lone's Intelligence Boost. If you want to relate this TOPIC to your point then say something about why this power up is too insignificant to add.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Fri May 03, 2019 4:11 am

I don't doubt that "the next feature" has something to do with YOUR point, but this TOPIC isn't about your point. It's about Lone's Intelligence Boost. If you want to relate this TOPIC to your point then say something about why this power up is too insignificant to add.
Off Topic
It was very clear that was my intention was to relate my point to the original posters topic @Danger Ross . I don’t know why you intend to contest my claim for no reason other than it is “deviant” from the main topic, when in reality moving a few words around would have been sufficient to you. Not only is that unnecessary, but an irrelevant and taxing restriction you are placing on the general poster. Allow clear intentions to be clear. I don’t think the item is good enough to be added because I want our items to exceed expectations. If you want to contest my argument go for it, but why contest my choice of words, or devalue my argument to my overall view of how I want the game to be? All these points are absolutely relevant.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
Noble
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Location: Brazil
Gender:

Post by Noble » Fri May 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Don't take me wrong, the idea is certainly interesting, a good suggestion and I hope they keep coming, but I don't support it in the game as it is and probably even if it's changed deeply. The reasons for this in my opinion is because: It's very specific as it's full potential requires another item; It seems like it'd pollute the screen a lot with all that information; I personally don't like the idea of just upgrading the game by adding a lot more of items as for recently and wouldn't like if it was added anytime soon; It'd be a useless upgrade for me to get in most situations, I guess, as it's supposed to be already easy for any skilled player to calculate all of this; This boost would, though, take the funtion to be a guarantee for some of your actions then? It's still not great, imagine yourself deciding to use this in the middle of a match because you expect dying by a mine soon. A boost that it's purpose is to allow you to loose your attention and concentration a bit for a determined small amount of time?
Of course, I suppose I'm exaggerating in many aspects here, but this is my overall opinion about this suggestion, a no-no.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

User avatar
Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 pm
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Pricey » Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 pm

I think this would be a great addition to the game, a nice unique item that is actually really beneficial for the player to get. While the other items make the player physically good, by actually buffing their stats, this item is one for the experienced players, as the tactical side of battle will come to fruition if this item is added, as the player doesn't actually get any physical buffs to their stats. Would entirely prevent dumb mine and grenade deaths where you are actually nowhere near it.

Like @mgtr14 said, there is always a place in the game for unique items, and this one certainly takes the cake.
0 x
very nice władysław iii jagellion-chan

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 17
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 pm

This powerup would be very situational, you have to consider that this is a "boost" which I assume means that it'll stay on for a limited time after use before expiring, you'll have to inject the boost when you are going to use grenades, bouncy ammo, or a grenade launcher, at the momment (not to mention also having them, making it even more situational).

Additionally, the Visible Grenade and C4 AOE Radius ability and the Visible Mine Trigger Radius ability will also be very situational, why would I take the time to inject myself with an "intelligence boost" while getting grenades chucked at me when I can simply run away?

On top of that, most experienced players have an intuitive sense of how large a grenade's blast radius is and how large a mine's trigger radius is, they wouldn't need a powerup to highlight it for them.

This leaves only the Supply Crate X-ray vision, which is the only ability worth using this powerup for, however it makes no sense how an "intelligence boost" makes you see through supply crates, a more fitting name would be "sense boost"

One solution I can think of is to give it an infinite duration and get rid of the Supply Crate X-ray vision ability (so it can have some semblance of balance)

Another solution would be to make 2 separate pieces of equipment, one a powerup called "sense boost" or "X-ray vision" which would show you what's inside supply crates and how much health and energy every enemy in the game has (and maybe a few other abilities), and another equipment called "trajectory sight" which, once picked up, will show the trajectory of any arcing weapon and the path of weapons equipped with bouncy ammo.
Off Topic
Sorry for kind of decimating this suggestion, don't get me wrong, I'd like for an equipment (or equipments) like this to be added to the game, and more suggestions on how to improve it would be much appreciated!
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Fri May 03, 2019 11:09 pm

StarNord wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 pm
On top of that, most experienced players have an intuitive sense of how large a grenade's blast radius is and how large a mine's trigger radius is, they wouldn't need a powerup to highlight it for them.
Not to mention you can modify the game files to display the effective radius of grenades and mines without having to rely on a powerup, and damage values displayed with a script.
1 x
Image

User avatar
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Gender:

Post by mgtr14 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:43 pm
mgtr14 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 pm
[...]
A lot of power ups were added recently, and a lot of people are quick to critique them and already state how it ruins the game. Personally I think it’s a nice touch, but we should wait for an idea to exceed all expectations.
RickAvory wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:11 am
I don't doubt that "the next feature" has something to do with YOUR point, but this TOPIC isn't about your point. It's about Lone's Intelligence Boost. If you want to relate this TOPIC to your point then say something about why this power up is too insignificant to add.
Off Topic
It was very clear that was my intention was to relate my point to the original posters topic @Danger Ross . I don’t know why you intend to contest my claim for no reason other than it is “deviant” from the main topic, when in reality moving a few words around would have been sufficient to you. Not only is that unnecessary, but an irrelevant and taxing restriction you are placing on the general poster. Allow clear intentions to be clear. I don’t think the item is good enough to be added because I want our items to exceed expectations. If you want to contest my argument go for it, but why contest my choice of words, or devalue my argument to my overall view of how I want the game to be? All these points are absolutely relevant.
I agree with Ross. Your first point is that the item will have to stand out and be exceptional, so we won't add a bunch of not-so-unique items that pollute the weapon pool (Like the MP50, Dark shotgun, and .45). However, you haven't specified what counts as an exceptional item. You obviously think that the boost's effects are underwhelming, so suggest new effects/perks that will elevate the boost's impact.

In this thread, your only stated points have so far been:
• "If we keep adding such items, the game will get too complicated."
• "If we're going to add an item, it will have to be exceptional."
• "This item is underwhelming, and not unique/useful/exceptional enough to be added."

You can contribute more than this, just like StarNord and Noble did.
Noble wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Don't take me wrong, the idea is certainly interesting, a good suggestion and I hope they keep coming, but I don't support it in the game as it is and probably even if it's changed deeply. The reasons for this in my opinion is because: It's very specific as it's full potential requires another item; It seems like it'd pollute the screen a lot with all that information; I personally don't like the idea of just upgrading the game by adding a lot more of items as for recently and wouldn't like if it was added anytime soon; It'd be a useless upgrade for me to get in most situations, I guess, as it's supposed to be already easy for any skilled player to calculate all of this; This boost would, though, take the funtion to be a guarantee for some of your actions then? It's still not great, imagine yourself deciding to use this in the middle of a match because you expect dying by a mine soon. A boost that it's purpose is to allow you to loose your attention and concentration a bit for a determined small amount of time?
Of course, I suppose I'm exaggerating in many aspects here, but this is my overall opinion about this suggestion, a no-no.
Now that I think about it, any information provided about split second decisions (Shooting, throwing) isn't really fit for any sort of strategy. Sure, a trajectory line could help (I'd also suggest complete accuracy for this to work), but you won't spend time to see if it lines up with your target.
This also goes if there is a trajectory line for thrown items, you won't think much of it when you are actually about to throw. And your intuitive sense will actually be very accurate since it's not such a precise action. Yes, it would be useless in almost all shooting scenarios since they happen too quickly to be thought about so much.

I don't think the information from the boost will cover the screen up or anything. If you know the game, then you know what the boost will show you and what's already been there all along. Very simple forms of info would work too, but all that would require some explanation. (I'm thinking about how much ammo there is in a gun, how long until a grenade explodes, and melee range.) Although it would take some explaining and exploration before you fully understand the effects, you did have to experiment with the strength and speed boost too.
StarNord wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 pm
This powerup would be very situational, you have to consider that this is a "boost" which I assume means that it'll stay on for a limited time after use before expiring, you'll have to inject the boost when you are going to use grenades, bouncy ammo, or a grenade launcher, at the momment (not to mention also having them, making it even more situational).

Additionally, the Visible Grenade and C4 AOE Radius ability and the Visible Mine Trigger Radius ability will also be very situational, why would I take the time to inject myself with an "intelligence boost" while getting grenades chucked at me when I can simply run away?

On top of that, most experienced players have an intuitive sense of how large a grenade's blast radius is and how large a mine's trigger radius is, they wouldn't need a powerup to highlight it for them.

This leaves only the Supply Crate X-ray vision, which is the only ability worth using this powerup for, however it makes no sense how an "intelligence boost" makes you see through supply crates, a more fitting name would be "sense boost"

One solution I can think of is to give it an infinite duration and get rid of the Supply Crate X-ray vision ability (so it can have some semblance of balance)

Another solution would be to make 2 separate pieces of equipment, one a powerup called "sense boost" or "X-ray vision" which would show you what's inside supply crates and how much health and energy every enemy in the game has (and maybe a few other abilities), and another equipment called "trajectory sight" which, once picked up, will show the trajectory of any arcing weapon and the path of weapons equipped with bouncy ammo.
I agree with the post up until "This leaves only...".
I don't really care about the boost's name, but I think the current one fits well.

I don't understand the first solution, you leave it with underwhelming effects and try to remedy it with infinite duration.
I also don't agree with splitting up the effects into each separate item. This makes each item quite situational (Which was one of your points against the item), therefore giving each item a chance to be worthless when it's picked up. Trajectory prediction is useless without anything to shoot, and X-ray vision is useless without any crates to look for. The strength boost is overall useful because it lets you knock your enemies around further, or lets you deal alot of damage in melee, or give you a chance to avenge yourself when you're at 0HP.


With all of these suggestions in mind, I think that the best perks this item could give is some sort of "information burst". It will have to be overall useful in many situations and make it worth it's 15-second duration.

While writing this, I can think of a couple of perks this boost could give:
• Knowing how much time is left in a grenade.
• Knowing how much ammo is left on guns.
• Having every item on the level highlighted.
• Having dangerous items highligthed (Mines, grenades, c4, but also propane tanks and jerry cans)
• Complete accuracy (To make it's trajectory prediction 100% viable)
• The timer for certain map events (Like when the train on subway is coming).

These are just examples, any more are welcome. I think that this item would work best as giving the user more information to use than their opponents.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

User avatar
Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am
Title: Competition
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)
Location: California
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Danger Ross » Fri May 03, 2019 11:49 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:11 am
Off Topic
It was very clear that was my intention was to relate my point to the original posters topic @Danger Ross . I don’t know why you intend to contest my claim for no reason other than it is “deviant” from the main topic, when in reality moving a few words around would have been sufficient to you. Not only is that unnecessary, but an irrelevant and taxing restriction you are placing on the general poster. Allow clear intentions to be clear. I don’t think the item is good enough to be added because I want our items to exceed expectations. If you want to contest my argument go for it, but why contest my choice of words, or devalue my argument to my overall view of how I want the game to be? All these points are absolutely relevant.
Because you weren't making an argument. You only said that it wasn't "good enough". You need to explain why it's not good enough. All you've said is that it needs to exceed expectations, so then why doesn't this exceed expectations? You need to make an argument or else you are adding nothing to the post. It's not just simple wording, you're wasting time.

(I won't make any more responses on this topic)
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:49 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:11 am
...
Because you weren't making an argument. You only said that it wasn't "good enough". You need to explain why it's not good enough. All you've said is that it needs to exceed expectations, so then why doesn't this exceed expectations? If you don't make an argument you are adding NOTHING to the post. It's not just simple wording, you're wasting time.
It’s insignificant because it’s insignificant. What else do you want me to say. All it does is add visuals that will arguably clog up the screen and the player who has been playing for a while might find this as a mere hinderance. Is that enough info? An item shouldn’t be irrelevant to game play. It should exceed expectations and have an actual effect on the general gameplay instead of providing visuals. Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.
• "If we keep adding such items, the game will get too complicated."
• "If we're going to add an item, it will have to be exceptional."
• "This item is underwhelming, and not unique/useful/exceptional enough to be added."
@mgtr14
All these statements are statements I still stand by... except the first one. I don’t think it will be “complicated” per se... just boring and not needed.
While writing this, I can think of a couple of perks this boost could give:
• Knowing how much time is left in a grenade.
• Knowing how much ammo is left on guns.
• Having every item on the level highlighted.
• Having dangerous items highligthed (Mines, grenades, c4, but also propane tanks and jerry cans)
• Complete accuracy (To make it's trajectory prediction 100% viable)
• The timer for certain map events (Like when the train on subway is coming).
I actually like these ideas, and maybe with a little more discussion I can actually be on board with such a feature. Maybe it acts like an upgraded 10 second slow motion bullet time item.
Last edited by RickAvory on Sat May 04, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Post Reply