Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Boost Boots Power-Up

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Boost Boots Power-Up

Post by hyper copter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:16 pm

OVERVIEW
  • When you press the activate power-up button, You'll get a jump boost that's a little bit higher than the normal jump. (double jump)
  • Boost Boots can only be activated in mid-air.
  • When activated, Some fire will come out of your fighter's leg. Inflicting some little damage to players around you in a short radius and burning them.
  • Can be used while knocked out in mid-air (not dead, just falling) making for a mid-air recovery.
  • Boost Boots will have an appearance on your fighter's legs.
USES
  • Going longer distances without touching the ground, Which can be very useful for avoiding mines.
  • Saving yourself from falling in case you miss the jump.
  • Recovering in mid-air, Saving you from falling knocked-out or thrown.
  • Damaging players around you a little bit and burning them. Can also be used to burn explosive barrels & jerry cans below you.
OPTIONAL IDEAS
(not part of the suggestion)
  • Being able to boost in any direction, Not only upwards.
  • Boost-Boots give you extra damage and power when kicking.
  • Being chargable for a higher-reaching/longer-lasting boost.
  • Being used to get out of grabs.
  • Being used to do a quick kip up, Making an escape from repetitive endless cycle combos.
BALANCING
  • Being activatable more than once.
  • Not being usable when knocked-out or falling. (no mid-air recovery)
  • Being activatable on ground, Not only mid-air.
DISCUSSION
  • I already thought about using boost boots to camp in unreachable spots on the map, But i don't know what can be done about that.
OTHER
  • I actually went to see if there's a planned feature similar to Boost Boots AFTER making this topic. (fuck) And when my eyes landed on Planned feature: Jetpack. I was like "holy mother of shit" But i guess my topic is different enough to not get taken down.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:22 am

My only gripe is that jet boots (or boost boots) seem too futuristic for superfighters, jetpacks at least seem believable unlike jet boots which will surely make me scoff in disbelief if I ever see one added to the game.

however on the other hand, I love the suggestions that make it a more offensive piece of equipment, like the quick kip up when knocked down, and the ability to escape grabs (which would be a welcome addition to all the guys who wanted the grab to be reworked/nerfed/fuckingdeleted)

It would make sense to make the jetpack more of an offensive tool if they're planning on adding grapple hooks (if I'm getting my information from the grapevine correctly) which is most likely going to be mostly traversal-based.

But if the devs do want to make the jetpack traversal-based then lemme add a suggestion of my own.

The ability to be able to get the jetpack to make you hover in place, pull out your gun and rain death from above.

But there's a catch ladies and gentlefolks... you cannot equip primaries and can only use secondaries, because you need the other hand to keep you hovering, dummy.

This could result in reduced accuracy (because you're using only one hand) but that's up to the devs to balance incase it's too OP or something.

This is so the jetpack can have at least some option to be used offensively, since by using it this way, you'll either use up all the fuel trying to shoot your enemies and take a thrilling trip to going splat on the floor, or retreat to safety with whatever little fuel you have left.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection