Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Power Weapons In Official Maps

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
MAKESFDGREATAGAIN21
Meatbag
SFD Account: ligma

Power Weapons In Official Maps

Post by MAKESFDGREATAGAIN21 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Power weapons have come to my attention quite a lot as i feel the spawn of power weapons is ridiculous every round a power weapon is guaranteed.
I strongly suggest it gets reduced and becomes rare as in some games I find Grenade Launchers,Bazookas and Chainsaws all in the same game.I get mayhem is good but too much is just bad and explosive cans in official maps need to be cut down also

#MAKESFDGREATAGAIN
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:15 pm

I have always advocated for a slider or some sort of menu where you can Manipulate the various spawn chances of weapons when hosting a game. Although I advocate for that, please understand that the probability of that aforementioned event happening is really unlikely. I have had times where I will go 10-15 rounds without getting a power weapon. Sometimes I will get 2 in a row. That stuff happens all the time. You can’t control probability and chance and neither can the developers.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 am

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:15 pm
I have always advocated for a slider or some sort of menu where you can Manipulate the various spawn chances of weapons when hosting a game. Although I advocate for that, please understand that the probability of that aforementioned event happening is really unlikely. I have had times where I will go 10-15 rounds without getting a power weapon. Sometimes I will get 2 in a row. That stuff happens all the time. You can’t control probability and chance and neither can the developers.
It's just random chance yeah. Imo a slider wouldnt hurt but i dont think the current state of power weapons is bad either. Some people just have a stick up their asses, yeah it might be "boring" to end a round with a singe shot but id take that anyday over getting stuck with a player that knows how to abuse cooldowns. It's a double edge sword that every one gets to use, unlike melee comboes.
3 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 am
RickAvory wrote:
It's just random chance yeah. Imo a slider wouldnt hurt but i dont think the current state of power weapons is bad either. Some people just have a stick up their asses, yeah it might be "boring" to end a round with a singe shot but id take that anyday over getting stuck with a player that knows how to abuse cooldowns. It's a double edge sword that every one gets to use, unlike melee comboes.
I agree 100%. If a certain slider is to be implement then I would play at the default settings. However I am an avid believer in giving more power and control to the player as opposed to a restricted linear gameplay, hence why I advocate for such things.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 am
RickAvory wrote:
I agree 100%. If a certain slider is to be implement then I would play at the default settings. However I am an avid believer in giving more power and control to the player as opposed to a restricted linear gameplay, hence why I advocate for such things.
To be honest, A weapon spawn chance slider in the game info menu would make for a better hosting experience. What if i wanted only knives to spawn in a specific map? I don't really like sticking to setting knives to be a start weapon & saying stuff like '' Only knives or ban ''. Just by setting sliders so that only knives can spawn would lower my kick count.
Also, If that's (ever) gonna be implemented, Sliders should be based on what weapon the weapon spawn markers allow. Meaning that if markers have a 0% spawn chance of a specific weapon, You wouldn't have a slider for it. But if a marker has a spawn chance of some weapon while another one doesn't, The slider would only have an effect on the marker with the spawn chance of that weapon.
Off Topic
I suggest allowing players to be able to make a topic about their take on an idea that already exists but in a different way, @kilpeh.
Last edited by hyper copter on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:50 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm
What if i wanted only knives to spawn in a specific map?
Very easily done using scripts as well as the weapon spawn chance sliders (that already exist) in the map editor. If you really wanted knives only or ban, you can just do any of those.
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Pricey wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:50 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Very easily done using scripts as well as the weapon spawn chance sliders (that already exist) in the map editor. If you really wanted knives only or ban, you can just do any of those.
To be honest, I don't like how the dynamic duo want some stuff to be done with scripts or the map editor and not to be part of the game. Sorry, I'm giving a Thumbs Down to that.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:08 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:01 pm
Pricey wrote:
hyper copter wrote:
To be honest i don't like how the dynamic duo want some stuff to be done with scripts or the map editor and not to be part of the game. Sorry, I'm giving a Thumbs Down to that.
It... it is part of the game. And incredibly simple at that, all you need to do is click a button and drag a slider, bringing it the menu would essentially just port something already able to be done from the map editor.
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:12 pm

Pricey wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:08 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:01 pm
Pricey wrote:

To be honest i don't like how the dynamic duo want some stuff to be done with scripts or the map editor and not to be part of the game. Sorry, I'm giving a Thumbs Down to that.
It... it is part of the game. And incredibly simple at that, all you need to do is click a button and drag a slider, bringing it the menu would essentially just port something already able to be done from the map editor.
That's exactly what i'm talking about. Being able to manipulate the weapon spawning chances in mid-game instead of having to open the map editor and changing the values. Allowing for a better, smoother (probably spelled wrong) Hosting.
0 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm

Pricey wrote:
hyper copter wrote:
The issue with the map editor slider is that it is only applicable in official maps. Scripts at a good solution however you dont really have that freedom as a player to choose which weapon to remove. You would be required to find the exact script that fits your exact need or download multiple other scripts. Just my two cents.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm
Pricey wrote:
hyper copter wrote:
The issue with the map editor slider is that it is only applicable in official maps. Scripts at a good solution however you dont really have that freedom as a player to choose which weapon to remove. You would be required to find the exact script that fits your exact need or download multiple other scripts. Just my two cents.
It's not even that complicated, you can find any script that removes a weapon or item from spawning and just duplicate that block of text, swapping the weapon IDs for the ones you want to remove/alter the spawn chance of.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Pricey wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Pricey wrote:

It's not even that complicated, you can find any script that removes a weapon or item from spawning and just duplicate that block of text, swapping the weapon IDs for the ones you want to remove/alter the spawn chance of.
It’s the little things sometimes pricey... the little things :) . If it is that simple I don’t see why it can’t be implimented. The little things such as not having to code your own scripts when playing a game could make the game a lot better.
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Pricey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Pricey wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm
RickAvory wrote:

It’s the little things sometimes pricey... the little things :) . If it is that simple I don’t see why it can’t be implimented. The little things such as not having to code your own scripts when playing a game could make the game a lot better.
I mean yeah, it would be cool; but so would a lot of other things. At the end of the day it's a change from the vanilla game, so I'm fine with it being possible only by scripting.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:46 am

I thought I would share this here.@Sree has blessed the steam workshop with a script that allows you to manipulate the spawn chances of every item. This should be exactly what you are looking for! Big thanks to my boy Sree.
2 x