Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Pointers to weapon boxes in dynamic mode

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Playing SFD is cool 7u7
SFD Account: Hamurlik
SFD Alias: Hamurlik
Started SFD: 1.8.4
Pointers to weapon boxes in dynamic mode

Post by Hamurlik » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:29 am

How about adding pointers in the form of arrows on weapon boxes in dynamic mode? After all, what should I do if I want to see only the most juicy, But also not to be cut down?

If a box, for example, is in one corner of the map, And the camera is in another, Let there be a pointer, Which will obviously help you after the retreat, And a search for ammunition
If the camera is next to the weapon box, the pointer will be removed.

I would really like to see this opportunity, since I only play in static mode, and this is quite problematic since on large maps everything is too small, And going to dynamic mode will be a bad idea, Since I will not see the necessary stuff

I would be happy for your comments on improving this idea. :D (If you of course find something to improve here...)
Last edited by Hamurlik on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:02 am

When you say box, do you mean weapon crate? If so I agree with this. It would be weird though to have a random box be shown 😂
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Playing SFD is cool 7u7
SFD Account: Hamurlik
SFD Alias: Hamurlik
Started SFD: 1.8.4
Post by Hamurlik » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:21 am

RickAvory wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:02 am
When you say box, do you mean weapon crate? If so I agree with this. It would be weird though to have a random box be shown 😂
Fixed, now boxes with stuff or weapon boxes (why not crate? i dont know, just for)
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm

That's a very good suggestion, But not describing enough. So let me take it from here.

Some players prefer playing in the static camera mode, But it is no doubt that the majority likes to play in the dynamic camera mode because it zooms in and makes it easier for you to see yourself, But something that really playing in the dynamic camera mode annoying are the crates that spawn outside of the camera view. So our friend Hamurlik suggested that there have to be pointers that show us where the crates are even if they are out of the camera view, Now let's have an example on how this would work:

So let's say we're playing in the static camera mode and there's a crate that spawned nearby as shown here:

Now normally in the dynamic camera mode the crate would be out of the camera's view:

But if we had those pointers Hamurlik is talking about, The same situation would look like this:

Last edited by hyper copter on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Off Topic
hyper copter wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm
[...]

So let's say we're playing in the static camera mode and there's a crate that spawned nearby as shown here:

Now normally in the dynamic camera mode the crate would be out of the camera's view:

But if we had those pointers Hamurlik is talking about the same situation would look like this:

I'd suggest uploading the images to Imgur or any other permanent image-hosting website and linking them that way, so people who aren't part of the Discord server can view them. I'm interested in seeing a demonstration of how the markers would work but can't see your examples.
0 x