Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Dropable Power-Ups

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Hello i'm happy to say i'm sad
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Dropable Power-Ups

Post by hyper copter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 am

I am aware that some players will find power-ups being dropable insane; But How do you feel about this:

With new power-ups being planned, Like the "Strength Power-Up" and the "Health Item That Works As A Power-Up". I just thought: "Won't it be useful if we could share power-ups with teammates?"
And I thought of a balanced way to make power-ups dropable since you can't equip them;
And it is by simply holding the activate power-up button; By holding the activate power-up button, the power-up drops out of your hand like a grenade. You of course still press the activate power-up button to activate it. Dropped power-ups inflict 0 damage of course; And unlike other weapons, Power-Ups don't have ragdoll physics, (or whatever makes weapons look like they do) Meaning that they stick to the ground once they touch it; And they do not flip over while falling from the sky, Or downside a hill.
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 am

hyper copter wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 am
I am aware that some players will find power-ups being dropable insane; But How do you feel about this:

With new power-ups being planned, Like the "Strength Power-Up" and the "Health Item That Works As A Power-Up". I just thought: "Won't it be useful if we could share power-ups with teammates?"
And I thought of a balanced way to make power-ups dropable since you can't equip them;
And it is by simply holding the activate power-up button; By holding the activate power-up button, the power-up drops out of your hand like a grenade. You of course still press the activate power-up button to activate it. Dropped power-ups inflict 0 damage of course; And unlike other weapons, Power-Ups don't have ragdoll physics, (or whatever makes weapons look like they do) Meaning that they stick to the ground once they touch it; And they do not flip over while falling from the sky, Or downside a hill.
We actually had the same idea a while back - that holding the equip hotkey will drop any item (not just powerups). We plan to add it at some point.
2 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:41 pm

im proud of this thread for being so slick without 82 people answering, but I kind of had a thought that maybe its just a team thing that you can give any of your teammates a +25 hp up once per round, (I also had an idea where u could heal yourself after 2 minutes in a match kinda like how the predator heals himself in Predator 2 just to put it out there)
0 x