Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Hosting/joining LAN games without internet connection

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Thwip
Meatbag
SFD Account: Loomin

Hosting/joining LAN games without internet connection

Post by Thwip » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am

My friend and I love playing Superfighters LAN (as we both get far to high ping to play online servers) how ever sometimes my internet cuts out, if we are already in a match together that's fine we don't disconnect or face lag (because we are using a cable to connect our laptops) however if we are on the menu the game goes into offline mode which at that point the game will not allow us to host or join the games saying "you must be connected to the internet" even though we would only be playing over LAN and would not require internet connection, I think it would be better if instead of stopping you from hosting/joining it will instead attempt to do those things but after say 5 minutes it will say "are you online" or you could just add a host with LAN and a connect with LAN.
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 pm

I’m very inept in anything to do with technology, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I’m not sure why you would LAN this game when there is already local multiplayer. I’m assuming since your playing on two seperate computers you could simply unplug one of the keyboards into the computer and play local that way.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm

I guess you can use the connect IP option instead of the lobby.
0 x

Thwip
Meatbag
SFD Account: Loomin

Post by Thwip » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 am

RickAvory wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 pm
I’m very inept in anything to do with technology, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I’m not sure why you would LAN this game when there is already local multiplayer. I’m assuming since your playing on two seperate computers you could simply unplug one of the keyboards into the computer and play local that way.

Well currently me and my friend both own the game but we don't have any controllers (and they are quite pricey in shops ) and as far as using the keyboard goes to our knowledge there is currently no way to bind the controls to be comfortable (but thanks for the ideas )
Kers wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm
the direct connect feature does the same "you must be online to use this feature"
Last edited by KliPeH on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:15 am

Thwip wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 am
RickAvory wrote:

Well currently me and my friend both own the game but we don't have any controllers (and they are quite pricey in shops ) and as far as using the keyboard goes to our knowledge there is currently no way to bind the controls to be comfortable (but thanks for the ideas )
I apologize however I believe the only option currently is to play with one computer with two input devices. I am willing to test out with a blue tooth keyboard and a monitor and inform you with my results.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Thwip wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 am
RickAvory wrote:

Kers wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm
the direct connect feature does the same "you must be online to use this feature"
I will think about it.
2 x
Gurt