Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Why Doesn't The Molotov Stun Players?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Why Doesn't The Molotov Stun Players?

Post by StarNord » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 am

Grenades, C4s, and Mines can stun players but not Molotovs, even though normal Bottles shatter upon contact with a fighter, stun them, and leave their broken counterpart, the bottle that makes up part of the molotov simply disappears in the cloud of fire that follows after it's made contact, you might say that this is to allow players to roll right after entering stage 2 fire yet this same logic isn't applied to more lethal weapons like the grenade.

You might reply with with, "No! No! Grenades stunning players was an absolutely cancerous addition and adding this will add to that fucking cancer!" and I can't argue against that sentiment mostly because I kinda share it myself.

Though I do have another suggestion to present which is to be able to block an incoming molotov and retrieve it as a reward for being good at the game, and I don't think the stun will be that "cancerous" because if you are stunned mid-air you will be knocked down once you hit the ground dropping you to stage 1 fire.

Although slightly offtopic, I'd love to see the same block and retrieve mechanic used with grenades but with an additional benefit, which is that once the grenade is grabbed the timer will reset to two seconds(or less) but keep it unpinned, this'll make being hit by a cooked grenade a lot less hopeless, allowing you to fight back if you grab the grenade while it's flying at you from mid-air, an additional benefit of this is that it'll force players to use grenades more strategically rather than frantically tossing them to keep an enemy stun-locked.

Now for a few smaller suggestions...

Grabbing grenades will increase their timer by a second(or less) rather than reseting them, to prevent an endless back and forth from occurring, this'll also allow players to play a game of hot potato where instead of dignity, lives will be at stake

Molotovs should leave behind broken bottles once they've flared up as a nice little detail
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

No! No! Grenades stunning players was an absolutely cancerous addition and adding this will add to that fucking cancer!
4 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 pm

All fair points but in my opinion i don't think it would be a good idea to add the "stun" mechanic to the molotov.
0 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Sree wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
No! No! Grenades stunning players was an absolutely cancerous addition and adding this will add to that fucking cancer!
No, because you can block them. But you cant block molotovs, so they Should NEVER be made to stun anyone since they already put you in full flame mode.
1 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:07 pm
Sree wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
No, because you can block them. But you cant block molotovs, so they Should NEVER be made to stun anyone since they already put you in full flame mode.
I get that, but I addressed this criticism by presenting an additional suggestion, which was to allow opponents to grab the molotov with a well-timed block and throw it right back at you or just keep it to use later, adding this feature would make the stun seem reasonable as it would be seen as a punishment for not blocking at the right time rather than just an annoying feature as it was with the grenades, that you can't even catch as of now!

I want the catch mechanic to be used with more than just items thrown in throw mode, I want throwables like Grenades, Mines, and other throwables to be "catch-able" too, the mechanic is too cool to just be used with items thrown through throw mode.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm

I get the point, however I just don’t see it working. A direct Molotov hit already sets you to full ablaze that is already pretty damn difficult to recover from. A stun would only add to the drama.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst