Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

PUBLIC SERVERS, WITHOUT HOST

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Nets p2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map Creator
SFD Account: Nets
Started SFD: since the first versions

PUBLIC SERVERS, WITHOUT HOST

Post by Nets p2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Hello my name is Nets, I will be using google translator to try to express myself better, I play this game since the first versions, already had to be almost 6 years, the biggest problem we found today is the availability of quality servers, despite having bought the new version, there are no servers in your country to play with your friends, despite the possibility of someone opening the server at any time we do not have servers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, one of the suggestions to the creators would be that to create a kind of public server that is ordered by the game itself and that is available 24 hours a day, so that would bring more players to the game.

Example:

Official server of brazil: 0/8, rotating official maps with each fight.

Official Server of the United States: 0/8, rotating official maps with each fight.

Official Server of Russia:: 0/8, rotating official maps with each fight.

I hope you understood me, grateful.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:45 pm

This is a good idea, however it is a lot easier said than done. It would require Mythologic Interactive to partner with individuals from those certain areas, which is unrealistic (for now). I’m sure that as a community we can try to work something out. For now we have Blurry and Muelfire which are basically the defecto official servers.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:14 pm

OREO wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:26 pm
Speaking of servers without a host, how do you use/open the dedicated server software? Is it on program files or something?
Well if you are already port forwarded, it’s as simple as opening up the dedicated software and pressing start
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Andres
Fighter
Fighter
Title: You must learn to lose
SFD Account: LukaRaoS
SFD Alias: |SH| LukaRaoS
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.8.8

Post by Andres » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:56 pm

It is true, a positive vote from me, I want this to be, pure boredom in the game, I would like this to be.
0 x
Good game ever

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 am

Me too. Before the paid version, the dedicated server is really unstable. After the update, so far my servers have not crashed yet for 2 days which is unbelievable to me. Next year I probably can host 24/7/365 once I move to new place. Also gonna get more upload bandwidth for hosting.
2 x

Ciro
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Zirilu
SFD Account: Ciro

Post by Ciro » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:48 am

Kers wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 am
Me too. Before the paid version, the dedicated server is really unstable. After the update, so far my servers have not crashed yet for 2 days which is unbelievable to me. Next year I probably can host 24/7/365 once I move to new place. Also gonna get more upload bandwidth for hosting.
My server crashed today and yesterday lol. Is there any way to make it auto-restart once it crashes?
0 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Ciro wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:48 am
Kers wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 am
My server crashed today and yesterday lol. Is there any way to make it auto-restart once it crashes?
I enabled the auto restart by time and memory usage. Gurt fixed the bug that exists in the free version, so now the memory usage feature works even with multiple servers. I'm not 100% sure about the stability yet because the player base is small and few players join my server.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Another tip is to make sure to enable high power mode in windows and disable any features that can put your graphics card or network card into sleep as that can screw up the server software. Highly recommend to set up to restart the server once every day.
1 x
Gurt