Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

More tricks for bots!

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Diamond TH
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fairplayer
SFD Account: Diamond_TH
SFD Alias: Diamond_TH
Started SFD: May 2015

More tricks for bots!

Post by Diamond TH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 pm

BOTS. I like this feature a lot, sometimes it's even more fun playing with bots instead of real players.
But they still can't replace players. I'm sure they never will. But I have a suggestion with which you will get even more fun experience!
The thing is: I've been playing with bots all day, and that is what i noticed:
- They don't use covers.
- They don't use throwing weapons.

- They can't throw items. ( And catch them accordingly )
- They are bad at avoiding mines, stuff that can pin them down ( lifts, falling crates, etc. )
( But they are good at avoiding you when you are sliding down the ladder, wow )
- They can't use things around them as an advantage ( breakable floor, explosive barrels, etc. )
I don't think this is some kind of bug, i think this is not a small suggestion either. Adding such things would multiply the fun with playing with bots by several times! I don't know if developers are already working on it, but i haven't seen a similar suggestion so i wanted to make sure. So, if adding this is possible, why not? :D
1 x
Image - Noob SuperFighter saying

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm

I was about to link the thread which contains all the missing bot features that are planned to be added in future updates (all features you mentioned are in the list) but it's inside the private Beta Tester sub-forum and it was written by Gurt so I won't move it without his permission.

Just in-case the forum was already made public without me noticing it, here's the link:

[link removed]

@Gurt Private Beta test forum should probably be made available for all forum goers as some tutorials and info there are still viable for use.

EDIT: The thread has been made available for everyone. Here's the link:
https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... f=8&t=2933
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:40 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm
I was about to link the thread which contains all the missing bot features that are planned to be added in future updates (all features you mentioned are in the list) but it's inside the private Beta Tester sub-forum and it was written by Gurt so I won't move it without his permission.

Just in-case the forum was already made public without me noticing it, here's the link:
https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... =26&t=2933

@Gurt Private Beta test forum should probably be made available for all forum goers as some tutorials and info there are still still usable.
Feel free to move over relevant topics to the main forum if you like.
0 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 am

KliPeH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm

[...]
Gurt has since moved the thread and stickied it in the main SFD sub-forum. You can find it here:
https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... f=8&t=2933

Also edited my previous reply and updated the link there.
0 x