Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Movie-like Reflexes

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Movie-like Reflexes

Post by StarNord » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 am

There are not many powerups in SFD (actually there's only one as of now) and while the devs have some powerups planned, I'd like to suggest one I think would fit very well in SFD.

Movie-like Reflexes, which is basically invulnerability with a more suiting name considering SFD's hollywoodian atmosphere, this will make the player bob-and-weave out of the way of incoming projectiles matrix-style, and slightly increase their movement speed. However, it'll only make the player invulnerable to projectiles, not melee attacks.

Sounds OP right? here's the catch, the player who activates "Movie-like reflexes" will not be able to equip any of their weapons, one of the purposes of this powerup will be to rush enemies holding an angle (aka camping) with a powerup rather than verbal insults, another plus would be to have the abillity to render power-weapons (such as bazookas and M60s) completely useless for the duration of the powerup, and if you're an experienced player, for the duration of the fight.

Now, with the meat of the suggestion out of the way, here are my shower thoughts on this powerup.

The powerup (as I imagine it) will give an After-Image effect to the player who activates it with some additional "dodge animations" that'll activate when a bullet whizzes past the user

Instead of thrown items being flung past the user, they will be blocked automatically and perhaps added to their arsenal?

I've realised that the name is a bit too much of a mouthful but since most people will just call it invulnerability it doesn't really matter? But I'm open to any suggestions so here's some to bounce off of, pure luck, lucky charm, protagonist's shield or protagonist's luck, plot convenience, aaand... I'll leave the rest to the community before I type in something I might regret later.
5 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection