Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Disaster/War Matches (16 Player Matches)

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
ProDevin
Meatbag
Title: Duwang Boy
SFD Account: ProDevin
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.0

Disaster/War Matches (16 Player Matches)

Post by ProDevin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:49 am

In my case, 8 player matches seem a little boring to me since there are VERY big maps that have a lot of room/spawn spaces in it and only 8 people playing in a gigantic map, hiding somewhere to just not get killed and lose. Having more player slots for those specific maps would be a good thing.

People may ask "If the devs double up the player slots, what about the small maps? If 16 players play on a regular 8 player map, the same 8 spawn spaces would have 2 people in each, making them punch to the death instead of getting weapons and such. Won't that basically ruin the game as a whole?", I have 3 words to say.

Manual Slot Switching

Basically, there would be a menu called "Slot Modes." There would be 2 modes in it.
  • Regular: 8 or 2 (none for upcoming CPU matches) player matches.
  • Disaster: 9 or 16 player matches. (Would be disabled for small maps, which I will explain in the bottom.)
Now what I said about the "disaster mode being disabled for small maps," will now be talked about now." This is when the Map Editor is important for this system.

Basically, the spawns will be important for the matches, basically. If there are 8 spawns, it will be activated to the regular matches. (which is a requirement for map making.) However, if you put 16 spawns, Disaster Mode would be activated with a slot option appearing before saving the map. (Options would be Regular and Disaster.)

"What if you put 16 spawns in a small map? WHAT IF THE CREATOR GOES CRAZY AND WILL RUIN THE MAP SYSTEM?! HELP ME, SUPERFIGHTERS DEVS!!!"

If the creator of the map thinks if he wants the map small for a disaster game, let him go mad. Besides, I saw VERY small maps for 8 players.

Other Ideas for Disaster Matches
  • On the server selector, slot modes should me shown (or the # of players that are in the game. Ex. 2/8 and 7/16)
  • Another 8 player slot place for lobby waiting/loading screens.
If anyone tells me that this will make the game have low fps, it is based on how the developers create/stabilize the game mode, and how your computer can handle it. That is why there are system requirements for this game also.

Edit: I accidentally put this on the general SFD section of the forum instead of the Ideas/Suggestions section. I was pretty much too interested on making this post.
4 x
Rule #1: You never talk about Superfightclub.

Rule #2:YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT SUPERFIGHTCLUB.