Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Add a report function to report toxic players.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Post Reply
Cris
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am
SFD Account: Officer_Cris
Gender:

Add a report function to report toxic players.

Post by Cris » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 am

Too many people in SFD are ruining our game experience. There's certain players that would act out normally as they should. I know since I don't use forums a lot I tend to not know any resolutions on how to report people from being toxic. People who are being toxic would say in chat, "AHAHAHA or JAJAJAAJAJ or EZEZEEZEEZ and NOOBBBSSSS XXXDDDDXXXDDD." many other people tend to get very mad and leave the game. But if people leave the game then there will be barely any people playing. Which is why I have come to a conclusion that there should be a command that all players can use. A report option that once typed /report (players name) the report saves into the chat log of the host. The host can review the report and if it is true then they can do something about the report. However if it is a listen server then the report just goes directly to the host in a private message or a host message. Thank you for you time in reading this; I am very frustrated with all these players ruining other players game experience. Please do something about this.
Last edited by KliPeH on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the thread to the Ideas & Suggestions section, changed the title to reflect on the subject of the thread.
1 x

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Off Topic
I was intending to merge this thread with the other topics about this relatively basic feature but oddly enough there aren't any other topics just yet! Here's a small suggestion posted in the past regarding the issue with a couple of replies but other than that turns the idea was left unexplored for the most part.

You know what to do!
/discuss

EDIT: If you do find other posts discussing this in greater detail do let me know :blush:
0 x
 
Image

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 pm

This could be a good idea, however I see an issue if the host is hosting a dedicated server and is not around. Maybe a “vote to kick” system, if the entire server can come to a concensus on whether they should be kicked for not, similar to Counter Strike.
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

User avatar
Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:56 pm
Title: beta tester
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: tomorrow
Gender:

Post by Powerbombs » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 pm

I feel like this is ruining our game experience more, and the people who enforce it too:
https://imgur.com/a/6oCIOCv
[link removed]
(in the second link you can see me typing after that kick because I called out the host for how unfair he was being, and I was later banned with no reason stated by him)
RickAvory wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 pm
This could be a good idea, however I see an issue if the host is hosting a dedicated server and is not around. Maybe a “vote to kick” system, if the entire server can come to a concensus on whether they should be kicked for not, similar to Counter Strike.
This voting system would be of no use to the innocent and legit players because the ones that are the real problem can just use it on other players to have a good laugh - even when they've done nothing. I've noticed how the numbers of actual toxic players have gone up in SFD. It's a good possibility that they take their anger out on people in this game or they're just like that normally, but as the numbers of these kinds of players have gone up, the numbers they come in when in servers have definitely increased as well. Often times I'll join an American or Mexican server (situation rarely happens in European servers), kill the host, or just a member of their little alliance they form, and get verbally harassed the whole game while being ganged up on in 2-4 on 1 fights that are unwinnable when the host gives them all bazookas until I just leave because of the amount of boredom that comes over me when they do this to me. I say "boredom" because it's not like I'm flipping every table in my damn house because I've just died. I obviously don't try my best in-game and nor would I want to, as it proves nothing. It becomes boring because when I literally get spawn killed each round, it becomes obvious that I can't really do anything and I don't have a purpose in that game, therefore I'd rather play something else. In the end, I leave the game or just get kicked/banned after killing the host.

Therefore, I don't think a "vote to kick" system would be the greatest idea. Perhaps if people just learned that it's just a game and also to possibly stop acting like assholes to others, we wouldn't need to have discussions like this.
Last edited by KliPeH on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a link (Rule #3 - Do not intentionally hurt, harass or provoke other people.)
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Off Topic
Powerbombs wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 pm
[...] I've noticed how the numbers of actual toxic players have gone up in SFD. It's a good possibility that they take their anger out on people in this game or they're just like that normally, but as the numbers of these kinds of players have gone up, the numbers they come in when in servers have definitely increased as well. Often times I'll join an American or Mexican server (situation rarely happens in European servers), kill the host, or just a member of their little alliance they form, and get verbally harassed the whole game while being ganged up on in 2-4 on 1 fights that are unwinnable when the host gives them all bazookas until I just leave because of the amount of boredom that comes over me when they do this to me. I say "boredom" because it's not like I'm flipping every table in my damn house because I've just died. I obviously don't try my best in-game and nor would I want to, as it proves nothing. It becomes boring because when I literally get spawn killed each round, it becomes obvious that I can't really do anything and I don't have a purpose in that game, therefore I'd rather play something else. In the end, I leave the game or just get kicked/banned after killing the host.

[...]
Please don't turn this into another rant thread. I have removed one of the links you posted and issued you a warning for breaking rule #3. Your descriptions of the issue don't need to be this specific, you can get your point across without going into detail about which host and which group did what to you in what specific server, location and occasion.
1 x
 
Image

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:05 pm

@Powerbombs you made some good points here buddy. I was under the assumption that after the release of the game on steam will flush out all the toxic kids since you will actually have to pay for it. However giving it a second thought, this might not be so good for the innocent player who just wanted to play.

Although those rules attached in that picture are absolutely rediculous, it’s none of our buisiness the way they want to host their server. Not to bring politics into this but I agree with the “gay wedding cakes” idea, where if someone won’t sell you your wedding cake because you are homosexual, just got to a different bakery. It’s their loss anyways. If the host of that server wants to kick everyone that doesn’t confide to their crazy rules, then no one will join, and he will eventually leave and die off.

To conclude. I retract my statement about vote to kick. However, a report feature would still be good
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 am

Powerbombs wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 pm
Therefore, I don't think a "vote to kick" system would be the greatest idea.
You didn't even have to say all that to conclude this one line lol. anyway, if a "vote to kick" system can be abused, what makes you all think that a report function can't be abused?
0 x

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:12 am

Sree wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 am
Powerbombs wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 pm
Therefore, I don't think a "vote to kick" system would be the greatest idea.
You didn't even have to say all that to conclude this one line lol. anyway, if a "vote to kick" system can be abused, what makes you all think that a report function can't be abused?
Well, what i invisioned a “report” command to do would simply notify the host or mod, which they can than review and decide whether disciplinary action is needed
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

User avatar
Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b
Location: Finland
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Theres already a magical button called F9 that fixes all the problems you just mentioned.
0 x
Image

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 pm
Theres already a magical button called F9 that fixes all the problems you just mentioned.
Yeah but I’m assuming this command would simply notify the host or mod of the events that occurred instead of them having to dig through a ton of chat messages.
3 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

User avatar
MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Gender:

Post by MOOADAM » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 pm

I kind of feel like this command would be abused because I've had some people get mad at me just for beating them, maybe we can just make muting players easier somehow?
0 x

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 pm
I kind of feel like this command would be abused because I've had some people get mad at me just for beating them, maybe we can just make muting players easier somehow?
I don’t really see how this can be abused. If the host sees a report saying something as benign as “beating someone” then they probably won’t do anything about it. And if they do then screw their server and join another one. All this command would be in my eyes is a notification to any hosts or moderators that are in the server where the host can review and assess what had happened. Maybe an instant replay of the last 30 seconds or say can be sent to the moderator along with the chat.
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am

RickAvory wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm
I don’t really see how this can be abused. If the host sees a report saying something as benign as “beating someone” then they probably won’t do anything about it. And if they do then screw their server and join another one. All this command would be in my eyes is a notification to any hosts or moderators that are in the server where the host can review and assess what had happened. Maybe an instant replay of the last 30 seconds or say can be sent to the moderator along with the chat.
Not sure what you meant by "benign", but people can still fake a report, even then there would still be no proper way through which the host can understand if a report is legitimate or not. sending a clip of last 30 seconds isn't going to happen, the game will need an integrated recorder and a database to maintain it.
0 x

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Meme Activist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 18
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 pm

:P
Sree wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am
RickAvory wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm
I don’t really see how this can be abused. If the host sees a report saying something as benign as “beating someone” then they probably won’t do anything about it. And if they do then screw their server and join another one. All this command would be in my eyes is a notification to any hosts or moderators that are in the server where the host can review and assess what had happened. Maybe an instant replay of the last 30 seconds or say can be sent to the moderator along with the chat.
Not sure what you meant by "benign", but people can still fake a report, even then there would still be no proper way through which the host can understand if a report is legitimate or not. sending a clip of last 30 seconds isn't going to happen, the game will need an integrated recorder and a database to maintain it.
Good point. To be frank, this feature sounds like it would have too many issues for it to be implimented at this point, however I think this is still worthy of a discussion.
0 x
Number 1 in the Sunny City Scavenger Hunt! Three years running.:D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests