Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Add a "Find" in Script Editor

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Add a "Find" in Script Editor

Post by Shark » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:28 pm

My idea is a thing that already should be added in the first version, a "Find and Replace" in Script Editor of Map Editor, Can be basically like a Notepad.

Hotkey: Ctrl + F ( that is the normal in all editors )
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm

You know, replacing a text with another text is one thing, replacing whole objects in SFD is not. There's so many unanswered problems involved in this suggestion so you just have to elaborate more how it could work in different cases, how it could look and how to access is and such.
0 x
Gurt

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm
You know, replacing a text with another text is one thing, replacing whole objects in SFD is not. There's so many unanswered problems involved in this suggestion so you just have to elaborate more how it could work in different cases, how it could look and how to access is and such.
Hey Keep Calm, replace a text with another text is that i want
Here
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm

You mean only in the script editor! I through you meant "Script Editor or Map Editor" when you typed "Script Editor of Map Editor" - I see what you mean.

Sorry, but text editing tools in the script editor will probably be lacking forever ^^. But suggestion noted.

We usually either use Notepad++ or a full C# IDE to write our code with full support to rename variables etc..
2 x
Gurt