Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

The Specifics Of Using Gasoline

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

The Specifics Of Using Gasoline

Post by StarNord » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 am

Now, we've all wanted to leave a trail of gasoline and light it up from afar, like in the movies, but in SFD this isn't possible... yet.

The most basic form of this would be to simply grab a can of gasoline and spread it around but it doesn't have to be this monotonous (even though that'd still be pretty cool and should still be an option if this is even considered to be implemented) once you pick up a can of gasoline, you'll pull the cap off, after this you can just throw the damn thing and just let a neat line of gasoline drip out from the can, after which it can be shot to set fire to a wide area.

This can be considered a makeshift weapon (and be picked up like one) and it'll add some diversity to the roster of makeshift weapons we have now, which are all melee atm(at the moment)

But enough with gascans, I'm sure you've already seen One Of Those Suggetsions already, what I decided to type this out for is molotovs, specifically un-lit ones.

When switching to throw mode on a molotov you won't just throw the entire thing, instead, you'll throw a normal molotov that'll splash out tons of whiskey (or gasoline, I've no idea what's in those things) but if thrown on a player it'll make the player dripping wet with whiskey, meaning they cannot shoot or get shot until they dry off, which'll take many rolls on the ground, if they do shoot, get shot, or come in contact with fire they'll enter stage 2 fire.

Now for the gasoline itself(or whiskey), lit gasoline can't be rolled on to put off fires, actually, this'll cause you to enter level 2 fire, but if it's not lit it'll cause you to get a bit wet... literally. You perverts...

objects can also be drenched with gasoline, once lit it'll cause anyone who's taking cover on it to instantly enter stage 2 fire

Now for more optional, smaller suggestions

Gasoline on an object or a player will be highlighted like how low-durabillity objects textures are dimmed, instead, things covered in gasoline will have a yellow hue

being wet with whiskey will take actual rolls to dry off, not diving into an object without rolling because that could be exploited.

You leave a trail of gasoline while wet... again, literally. You perverts?
Off Topic
Aaaand that's about it, give me a moment to pat myself on the back for suggesting a long and elaborate idea during the most hectic part of SFD's development cycle, when the devs do not have the fucks to give to some "lvl99 suggester" and the only ones who do are kind and respectful people like Sree
6 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am

I've always wanted to see gas and propane as makeshifts that you could throw. They don't even need to have all those options as you listed, just being able to pick them up and throw them alone would allow players to move dangerous objects into positions they want to deal with.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:58 am

Lunatic wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am
I've always wanted to see gas and propane as makeshifts that you could throw. They don't even need to have all those options as you listed, just being able to pick them up and throw them alone would allow players to move dangerous objects into positions they want to deal with.

I was actually going to suggest that in small suggestions, for makeshift weapons that can only be thrown, like the cash register and buckets that serve no purpose and I even thought of new ones like pool balls, but then I went "hey, why don't I spend an entire day elaborating on an idea that if the devs read will go "nope" on" in reality, I just assumed someone already came up with it... looks like nobody has... i'm gonna make one?...

jokes aside, the whole lighting gasoline up like a fuse thing should exist, since SFD is going for a "hollywodian" style, it would be pretty cool to have a "filmy" feature like this.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection