Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Ziplines

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Ziplines

Post by Morpheus » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:30 pm

I know this is quite late to enter in but I think this would be an element the devs might
suggest including in future updates of the game.

Zip-lines
Map Editor tile, falling into the pulley and hooks tile categories currently existing in the game right now.
The action of going down a zip-line would be equivalent to how a dive works

Main function is to transport players from place to place.
Zip-lines can only be used down-slope.

Zip-lines will propel you at a faster speed.
You can shoot while going down a zip-line if equipping a weapon.
You can be hit with projectiles.
9 out of 10 bullets will miss you as you go down the line.
You can eject from a zip-line mid-flight but you will eject downwards.
8 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 pm

This could also be used when building campaigns around urban areas, like for example having a part of a stage zipline you from a roof of a building onto another roof of a building or through a window, or something along those lines. Totally Hollywoodian and in-theme with SFD. I generally agree with this suggestion although I'm not sure how you'd use ziplines throughout a round in a multiplayer game (since diving from a high place down is much faster, and going up/down building floors could be done with portals).

Here's a demonstration of using ziplines (taken from the game Broforce):
► Show Spoiler
6 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:50 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 pm
This could also be used when building campaigns around urban areas, like for example having a part of a stage zipline you from a roof of a building onto another roof of a building or through a window, or something along those lines. Totally Hollywoodian and in-theme with SFD.
Here's a demonstration of using ziplines (taken from the game Broforce):
► Show Spoiler
KliPeH you read my mind. I was just about to update the post with a Broforce Zip line clip. I really do think this could
be incorporated into the game. And this would be very well suited for urban areas in the campaign. It adds a whole new
element of murdering in style. Definitely a Hollywoodian themed feature
KliPeH wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 pm
I generally agree with this suggestion although I'm not sure how you'd use ziplines throughout a round in a multiplayer game (since diving from a high place down is much faster, and going up/down building floors could be done with portals).
Now, one thing. When a lot of players are diving a lot of them want to land on a specific area on the map where they can take cover grab guns etc.
Zip-lines would provide that precision easily for places like that, not to mention gives more range than a dive would. You can either travel the whole distance of the line, or you could just eject at will. That's not to eliminate the function of diving though. 2 or 3 Zip-lines per map would be sufficient for classic styled maps. Maybe they could be based on the highest parts of a map? Portals and elevators could be to risky to travel to if you are pinned down by an opponent. Again, It would depend on the map design and how these transportation features are placed by one's choosing.
6 x
Physics, is the real red pill.