Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

The Trash Bag Suggestion

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

The Trash Bag Suggestion

Post by StarNord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:39 pm

The Trashbag is probably one of the worst makeshift weapons in the game right now, but unlike other weapons it is a bag, which means it can carry items.

My suggestion is to make it that the trashbag can be filled up with bottles, chairs and other small objects, which'll increase it's damage but decrease it's throw range, but of course it won't fill up infinitely, maybe around 4 to 5 items will completely fill up the trashbag, after which it'll collect no more...

After the trashbag breaks, the broken versions of everything it was filled up with will spill out, like if it was filled with a suitcase, it'll spill out suitcase debris, and if it had a bottle put in, a broken bottle will spill out.

Here are some smaller suggestions...

The animation for filling up the trashbag will be the same as reloading the grenade launcher

Maybe a plastic bag makeshift weapon that can collect items too, so that this mechanic isn't just limited to the trashbag, the same can be done with the pillow if the pillow is ejected out of the pillowcase, probably manually by the fighter(maybe by holding block?).

And finnaly, if the game ever gets achievements, collecting and filling up a trashbag to the brim will earn you the trophy "community service", we can't only have serious trophies...
5 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm

This would ge awesome honestly the trash bag does shit damage, and it makes me sad since makeshift weapons are suppose to ge disposable but useful. Also we should probably give the pillow the same treatment though with a get rid of feathers first requirement.
1 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:59 pm

I absolutely love this suggestion.
Not sure what the pros and cons are, but I think the devs
might look at this one.

Oh and the bag could burst on impact when hit
spilling out all the goodies
0 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Great idea, the damage from throwing the trashbag would come from the objects in it rather than the trashbag itself which would burst out on impact.

Also, this'd would be a lovely christmas addition, maybe rather than a plastic bag, they should add a sack makeshift weapon that's only available at christmas, and ofcourse, santa in ZombieNightmare would also wield one, incase you wanna try it outside the event, you just need to kill him!

also, you would haul a trash bag over your shoulder like this once it's filled up a bit.
Couldn't find a good movie image to make a hollywoodian reference like Garbage Day or something.

I may be aiming too high, but hey, there's nothing wrong with suggesting I guess...

And just a big thanks for your kind words...
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 am

if I am having to fill the trash bag with other make shift items, can't I just instead use these makeshift items the trash bag can be filled with? unless the damage of the trash bag which when filled with makeshift items is absolutely ridiculous (which i think isn't gonna happen).

if the damage of the trash bag isn't gonna be significantly higher than the items it's filled with, this seems to be a pointless addition.
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Sree wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 am
if I am having to fill the trash bag with other make shift items, can't I just instead use these makeshift items the trash bag can be filled with? unless the damage of the trash bag which when filled with makeshift items is absolutely ridiculous (which i think isn't gonna happen).
It isn't just other makeshift items, the trash bag allows you to make use of smaller more decorative items like buckets, cups, desklamps, paperstacks and cardboard boxes, it wouldn't take long to fill up the trash bag, you'd just have to go around and pick up every small item you come across, and if there aren't many decorative items in the game, this'll give the devs an excuse to add some more.

Also picking up other makeshift weapons will deny your opponents that resource but you'll be carrying a trash bag filled with items that you can empty out on someone's face.
Sree wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 am
if the damage of the trash bag isn't gonna be significantly higher than the items it's filled with, this seems to be a pointless addition.
So are silencers for secondaries, I don't know about you, but I'd love to have a pointless feature where I can do community service and get a cool weapon in return, but the trashbag doesn't have to be useless it is just an idea as of now, we can still suggest more to make it more practical(if that's really what you want from a fun little addition).
0 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:40 pm

*clapping* now that is a suggestion right there m8 I would have never thought of that. im lowkey wishing/hoping they actually put that in the game. plus with the Santa clause outfit you can give ppl REAL PRESENTS
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:22 pm
It isn't just other makeshift items, the trash bag allows you to make use of smaller more decorative items like buckets, cups, desklamps, paperstacks and cardboard boxes, it wouldn't take long to fill up the trash bag, you'd just have to go around and pick up every small item you come across, and if there aren't many decorative items in the game, this'll give the devs an excuse to add some more.
It is still capable of holding makeshift items though and if it's damage increases accordingly with each makeshift item it consumes, It would still be overpowered, imagine it being loaded with 2 brief cases and if you are about to reduce the damage to balance it, then it would be pointless. Briefcases and most makeshift items already deal a ridiculous amount of damage and now an item that can store multiples of them and deal a significant damage? sounds pretty overpowered.

filling it with decorative items sounds better but then again, nobody's gonna be running around the map filling a trash bag with decorative items instead of accumulating guns and other useful items (unless they are of an unsound mind or just messing around lol)

Also there is another perspective you still don't seem to consider, these makeshift items are not melee weapons which can be put in our inventory while using guns or explosives, i have to dispose it at times like that. make shift item's are usually picked up mid combat to stun the opponent with a throw or simply use it on the opponents and in such scenarios the trash bag would still be ineffective. You should also know that in most cases, since trash bag cannot be equipped in inventory, in order to utilize it you have to rush an opponent with the bag in your hands, provided that you can't use the trash bag to block weapon shots either because of it's bad durability.

considering all of these, the trash bag would still be pretty bad despite implementing your idea.
StarNord wrote:
So are silencers for secondaries, I don't know about you, but I'd love to have a pointless feature
if I am right, silencers improve the weapon's accuracy and are pretty useful but even if it is a pointless feature, having one pointless feature doesn't imply it is ok to have more.
StarNord wrote:
I'd love to have a pointless feature where I can do community service
It isn't community service when you later smash the trash bag on your opponent and dispose all the items inside it onto the map again :P, in fact you are only making things worse since you are breaking all the items inside it which were never broken in the first place.
0 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:17 pm

StarNord wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 pm
Great idea, the damage from throwing the trashbag would come from the objects in it rather than the trashbag itself which would burst out on impact.

Also, this'd would be a lovely christmas addition, maybe rather than a plastic bag, they should add a sack makeshift weapon that's only available at christmas, and ofcourse, santa in ZombieNightmare would also wield one, incase you wanna try it outside the event, you just need to kill him!

also, you would haul a trash bag over your shoulder like this once it's filled up a bit.
Couldn't find a good movie image to make a hollywoodian reference like Garbage Day or something.

I may be aiming too high, but hey, there's nothing wrong with suggesting I guess...

And just a big thanks for your kind words...

I was just thinking about this again.

If the damage is going to be super dealing, I think that it should make you slower when carrying it corresponding to the amount of items inside.
But then again, who's going to carry a heavy trash-bag over their shoulder, when there's other stuff to use. It wouldn't be effective.

Yeah and the damage would be too OP. We'd have to restrict some heavy damage dealing makeshift weapons like suitcases, or maybe heavy items occupy one whole bag, which would be pointless to use since you can just pick up that item instead of packing it into a bag.
But I would move away from restriction, makes the game more complicated.

I think the real fix here is, how many things can fit into the bag, what items will take up the most space.

I'd be fine with a chair and a bottle, or 2 chair legs and a bottle fitting to fill the trash-bag to the brim.
Of course this would decrease your stamina (or speed) by a good bit.
But there are soo many combinations of makeshifts to choose from, that's another system to figure out.

I don't think you are aiming to high, you are right about the trash-bag, there's simply no use for it if it's
empty like that.

I think an achievement like if you fill 100 trash-bags or something, you get the community service award. :D
0 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Sree wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 pm
filling it with decorative items sounds better but then again, nobody's gonna be running around the map filling a trash bag with decorative items instead of accumulating guns and other useful items (unless they are of an unsound mind or just messing around lol)

Also there is another perspective you still don't seem to consider, these makeshift items are not melee weapons which can be put in our inventory while using guns or explosives, i have to dispose it at times like that. make shift item's are usually picked up mid combat to stun the opponent with a throw or simply use it on the opponents and in such scenarios the trash bag would still be ineffective. You should also know that in most cases, since trash bag cannot be equipped in inventory, in order to utilize it you have to rush an opponent with the bag in your hands, provided that you can't use the trash bag to block weapon shots either because of it's bad durability.
They don't have to look just for decor, you can pick up decor, makeshift weapons and... debris, I imagine it like this, you run into a room and just clear the place up of 3 or 4 items(including debris if there is any) and then run towards an enemy to smack em' over the head, or throw it at them, but even if an area is sort of devoid of decor or makeshift weapons you can still move toward a weapon supply crate and pick up items along the way, not slowly slumping over to pick up some groceries like an old lady, but swiftly popping it into the bag while moving, as if you are reloading a gun.
Morpheus wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:17 pm
I think the real fix here is, how many things can fit into the bag, what items will take up the most space.

I'd be fine with a chair and a bottle, or 2 chair legs and a bottle fitting to fill the trash-bag to the brim.
Of course this would decrease your stamina (or speed) by a good bit.
But there are soo many combinations of makeshifts to choose from, that's another system to figure out.
Okay, here's my idea, the trash bag can carry 6 pieces of debris. everything you pick up will be broken down, so chairs break down to a chair leg and 2 wooden debris, which'll qualify as 3 pieces of debris. The other makeshift weapon's debris can be found out in the same way.

But what if you already have 4 units and you pick up a chair? well, one piece of debris will fall out (maybe the chair leg?)
Sree wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 pm
It isn't community service when you later smash the trash bag on your opponent and dispose all the items inside it onto the map again :P, in fact you are only making things worse since you are breaking all the items inside it which were never broken in the first place.
well, atleast you leave it in a convenient pile for anyone who actually cares about the community (aka not Sree) to easily pick it up and throw it away :evil:

on a more serious note, that's the humor of it, getting a trophy for community service just to smash it into someone's face is just my kinda humor, and probably everyone else who doesn't have a stick up their... derrière (aka not Sree) I should probably make that my signature also, don't take offense plz
1 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:04 pm

You still ignored a huge part of my post where I tried explaining why the trash bag would still not be very effective. the only good part of your response was you addressing what I said concerning the "community service" achievement which I honestly considered as a meme on my behalf.

anyway i am tired arguing, I should probably just stop trying to trample down every suggestion threads lmao

So I thought why not just suggest a few tweaks to your suggestion that could MAYBE work better?

The whole point of this post is to make trash bag more effective anyway so why not just make them spawn with 2 or 3 items (like debris or broken parts of makeshift items) inside it? the damage of a trash bag will vary depending on whatever items in it.

This would make them more effective in situations where a player picks them up mid combat (where makeshift items are mostly used in) and also you wont have to hesitate before disposing a bag on which you spent the last 20 seconds collecting items (on times when you need to ie using your guns etc).

The "Community service" achievement wouldn't be possible for my version of your suggestion but if you are so desperate for a fun little achievement I think maybe a "Trash meets trash" achievement when a player breaks the trash bag for the first time (by smashing someone with it) disposing all the trash in it.

keep in mind I am not a level 99 suggester or someone who is locked in their mom's basement and has a lot of time to put into their suggestions(am kidding) so if you don't like my suggestion, feel free to disregard it.
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by StarNord » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Sree wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:04 pm
You still ignored a huge part of my post where I tried explaining why the trash bag would still not be very effective. the only good part of your response was you addressing what I said concerning the "community service" achievement which I honestly considered as a meme on my behalf.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with goofing and I addressed 2 of the big points you made, except for the damage which I forgot about because I was trying to goof and gaff rather than actually argue.

2 of which were, it would take a long time and makeshift weapons can't be stored in your inventory, and I tackled both problems with one answer.

And for the damage, I think about 16 per hit (when full) and can sustain 3 hits on a player after which, it'll break.
Sree wrote:
anyway i am tired arguing, I should probably just stop trying to trample down every suggestion threads lmao
me too man... reminds me of the time we spent an entire fucking day going back and forth about slo-mo and good thing you don't want a repeat of that, I don't either
Sree wrote:
So I thought why not just suggest a few tweaks to your suggestion that could MAYBE work better?

The whole point of this post is to make trash bag more effective anyway so why not just make them spawn with 2 or 3 items (like debris or broken parts of makeshift items) inside it? the damage of a trash bag will vary depending on whatever items in it.

This would make them more effective in situations where a player picks them up mid combat (where makeshift items are mostly used in) and also you wont have to hesitate before disposing a bag on which you spent the last 20 seconds collecting items (on times when you need to ie using your guns etc).

The "Community service" achievement wouldn't be possible for my version of your suggestion but if you are so desperate for a fun little achievement I think maybe a "Trash meets trash" achievement when a player breaks the trash bag for the first time (by smashing someone with it) disposing all the trash in it.

keep in mind I am not a level 99 suggester or someone who is locked in their mom's basement and has a lot of time to put into their suggestions(am kidding) so if you don't like my suggestion, feel free to disregard it.
Woah, it looks like you got me all figured out, and hey, not a bad suggestion atleast it wasn't all taken from fortnite, Great success...
1 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 pm

► Show Spoiler
The point is to make the trash bag less of a shitty weapon while also adding a new element to the game.
I actually the like idea of the more shit u put in the higher damage it does, although if the added sum of damage was exactly the same as the picked up items the trash bag would be more a broken weapon then disposable one especially since u can keep picking stuff up, which was exactly you're point. I mean just imagining 2 briefcases in one trash bag with no damage reduction, that shit would be broken period. damage reduction would be necessary unless we make a full trash bag as durable as the briefcase, which in that case they deserve to die for letting the enemy pick up all that shit, I mean just imagine me picking up all that shit getting ready to beat a bitch and u just watching me. anyways I'd suggest halving all picked up items to make the breaking the game problem less of a problem and increasing the amount the trash bag can hold by 5 or 6 so it can still have the potential to exceed the base damage of any weapon.

Sree one thing that confuses me about your argument is that u said in your first post that it having a damage cap would make it bad but it being able to stack damage would also make it worse. does that mean you'd rather it have the damage cap or being able to stack as many items as you'd like?

btw spreadsheet from a friend in case anyone was curious on how much damage each weapon does, the only thing missing is the makeshift weapons damage.
Last edited by KliPeH on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd a big quote block.
1 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:08 pm

[Failman] wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 pm
does that mean you'd rather it have the damage cap or being able to stack as many items as you'd like?
None of them, I was trying to indicate that it will be an issue both ways.
[Failman] wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 pm
damage reduction would be necessary unless we make a full trash bag as durable as the briefcase
damage reduction is necessary whether or not it is as durable as a briefcase. my point was, if the damage dealt by the trash bag after putting a briefcase inside isn't going to be significantly higher than that of a briefcase (the same goes for any other makeshift item), it's going to be pointless. while on the latter it's going to be a hell to balance the trash bag while simultaneously keeping it's loading mechanic effective in each stage.
1 x