Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Being able to Pick Up Thrown Grenades and C4

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Being able to Pick Up Thrown Grenades and C4

Post by RickAvory » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 am

Hi,
This is a relatively simple concept that I think can be interesting in Combat.
The title is a bit self explanatory but let me go a bit more into detail.

Lets say you are in a situation where a grenade is thrown at you. If you block with your bare hand, you can catch it and throw it back at them, but can only have it in your hand until it blows up. If you have a melee weapon you can only block it. It can be in the same category as a temporary weapon such as bottle and chairs, so it doesn't interfere with your inventory and it can be immediately dropped with the q button. This can also apply to duds.

This can also work for C4. It can be good if you accidentally placed in an irrelevant location. You can pick it up off of the ground and throw it somewhere else. Similarly, maybe if someone else isnt looking and you pick it up, you can throw it where it is less inconvenient.

P.S. I have done a quick search on whether this topic was covered and found nothing! But apologies if there already is a post.
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 am

being able to throw back a grenade is a good concept, however I think it should be involuntary ie.. If a player blocks a grenade with bare hands, the superfighter would automatically hurl it back at whatever direction he is facing at that moment.

This could be really cool in team fights where I would ask my teammate to throw a grenade at me and I catch it and hurl it towards an opponent nearby.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 am
Lets say you are in a situation where a grenade is thrown at you. If you block with your bare hand, you can catch it and throw it back at them, but can only have it in your hand until it blows up. If you have a melee weapon you can only block it.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 am
being able to throw back a grenade is a good concept, however I think it should be involuntary ie.. If a player blocks a grenade with bare hands, the superfighter would automatically hurl it back at whatever direction he is facing at that moment.
This means you will no longer be able to block a nade with your bare hands so it falls in front of you and baiting a nearby victim into it, or tricking them into thinking you're baiting them while in-fact you're going to kick it to them next. That's something players usually do knowingly and intentionally and this serves as a part of the SFD "mind-games" scene. The action already acts as a makeshift "plucking a nade out of the air and throwing it" action and changing this would make the game play a little bit differently in that regard.

You might not want to catch a nade with your bare hands but rather deflect it and keep running away, but you will be forced to do so if the mechanic is implemented. I agree with an ability to catch nades and throw them back at your foes but I'm concerned this might not be the way to go about introducing it.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 am
Lets say you are in a situation where a grenade is thrown at you. If you block with your bare hand, you can catch it and throw it back at them, but can only have it in your hand until it blows up. If you have a melee weapon you can only block it.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 am
This means you will no longer be able to block a nade with your bare hands so it falls in front of you and baiting a nearby victim into it, or tricking them into thinking you're baiting them while in-fact you're going to kick it to them next. That's something players usually do knowingly and intentionally and this serves as a part of the SFD "mind-games" scene. The action already acts as a makeshift "plucking a nade out of the air and throwing it" action and changing this would make the game play a little bit differently in that regard.

You might not want to catch a nade with your bare hands but rather deflect it and keep running away, but you will be forced to do so if the mechanic is implemented. I agree with an ability to catch nades and throw them back at your foes but I'm concerned this might not be the way to go about introducing it.
Hi. I get that. That’s why I am saying you can have it take up the makeshift slot though. So if you press q you just drop it infront of you.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 pm

KliPeH wrote:

This means you will no longer be able to block a nade with your bare hands so it falls in front of you and baiting a nearby victim into it, or tricking them into thinking you're baiting them while in-fact you're going to kick it to them next. That's something players usually do knowingly and intentionally and this serves as a part of the SFD "mind-games" scene. The action already acts as a makeshift "plucking a nade out of the air and throwing it" action
Honestly I have never seen anyone baiting like that or even fall for that bait. Blocking a nade and then kicking it towards the opponent is something even I do though, but It serves the same as grabbing the grenade and hurling it back at the opponent except that the grenade covers much more distance in the latter which makes the move more efficient.
KliPeH wrote:
changing this would make the game play a little bit differently in that regard.
Please, we have been through much bigger changes like grabs and recovery rolls which changed the entirety of melee combos and shotguns. This small change can't be that bothersome.
KliPeH wrote:
You might not want to catch a nade with your bare hands but rather deflect it and keep running away, but you will be forced to do so if the mechanic is implemented. I agree with an ability to catch nades and throw them back at your foes but I'm concerned this might not be the way to go about introducing it
One can still hit or kick back the grenade but yeah the chances of deflecting a grenade with a kick or punch is low and it's hard to perform it, so I agree with you. I don't really expect this change though, like you said, blocking a grenade and kicking it back works too.

Just thought this was a really cool concept because I felt like it could make the game hollywoodian xd
1 x