Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Custom texture packs support.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Moodic
Meatbag
SFD Account: Moodic

Custom texture packs support.

Post by Moodic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm

I've always wanted texture packs to be officially supported by the game, in a way so that, for example; The game wont show the "update" option available when scanned through all the files, and so will not replace them with the original files when done so.
1 x
Papa Communism #5908 on discord, texture artist and mod creator.
Member of (Mask), (Mask) Moodic ingame name.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Most creators, when creating textures for a specific item, create the texture within the confines of the default texture's boundary, the only time SFD will ask you to update a texture is if somebody has "drawn" outside these boundaries, atleast from my experience.

This doesn't usually happen with textures on SFDmaps, but if you are having these problems yourself, I'd recommend converting the default textures in the game files from .xnb to .png and then change it from there, this also gives you a good reference point when editing weapons to know where the hilt or grip of a weapon is and where it fires from.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:51 pm

@StarNord

I believe He is referring to the issue where when a player updates the game, the texture pack they are currently using is lost because all the files are overwritten.
1 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Really, A button in the Menu "Textures" And a folder that you drop your textures, and just change to On or Off. Take this and put in Ideas And Suggestions.
1 x
Just me The Predator!

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Sree wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:51 pm
I believe He is referring to the issue where when a player updates the game, the texture pack they are currently using is lost because all the files are overwritten.
I don't think so, there hasn't been an update to SFD in a long time, I think what he really meant was that sometimes an update option appears when a texture is missing or "bugged"

A texture is "bugged" when the borders of the textures have been expanded and drawn upon, this'll cause the update option to appear in the launcher and updating will cause the game to replace these "bugged" textures with the originals.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection