Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Slow Motion

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Re: Slow Motion

Post by StarNord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Noble wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:58 am
I have to admit that I kinda liked the color of what you're just saying there, mate. Being able to aim jumping during slomo seems very cool. However, I think that will work waaaaaay better for those who used the slomo instead of who is being the victim, to aim while jumping, you can't even compare how more powerful the one who used it will be.
I don't think that just the user should be able to aim in mid-air, since they already have a speed-boost, this upgrade for the slo-mo is supposed to make everyone who thinks slo-mo is obsolete to finally get a use out of it, including the ones who didn't activate it.
Noble wrote:
and also, even if you could aim and have the opportunity, you wouldn't be fast enough to aim and the shot's delay would not allow you to counter the slomo effects mid-air at all. Not to mention, if you jump towards someone during slomo you're coming to hit him, why would you have a gun in hands?
no, you would certainly have enough time to get a few shots in, I'm talking about high-power, single-shot weapons like shotguns, snipers, and magnums and also flame weapons and thrown melee/makeshift weapons here, also, it's quite narrow-minded to think that people wouldn't have a gun equipped while going at someone if this were to be implemented.
Noble wrote:
I've been discussing a lot with my friends about the slomo, and how more dynamic it could be, mainly if allied with audio prowess, music and also visual effects,

music? imagine if the slo-mo in SFD had the slomo guys's hum music play in the background everytime someone activated it, lmao
Noble wrote:
but I refuse to agree with all you're saying there. I already said I don't have much to say against slomo (or official maps, as just some people from this forum have). I don't think it is something "groan-inducing and boring".
I agree, I don't think it's that boring either, but if you look up you'll see some guys that find the powerup "ruins the flow of the game" although I exaggerated it a ton in my suggestion for which I apologise...
Noble wrote:
I'm not letting you without a response about the "why does everyone who is jumping in the middle of slomo is so fuc*ed up?" though. Honestly, it is not just about slomo, everyone who is mad at something and discussing on forums are talking about the same thing, about how hard it is to get into opponent's space, mainly if he is well covered.
It just so happens that this is where the mid-air aiming ability for the slo-mo shines, lemme give you an example, if you were "coming at" someone behind cover and you had a 10 sec slo-mo and a magnum, (meaning you could fire while in mid-air if you activated it) you would jump over their cover, activate slo-mo, and rain death from above...
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 pm

@StarNord, I'm pretty sure you will not have time to aim and shoot your opponent if this was implemented, no matter what you do or how this would be made, maybe rarely. And you first said the user shouldn't be able to use it above, but your last line says the opposite. However, even if it was the opponent doing and I misunderstood what you said, I guarantee that you wouldn't be able to counter it in midair. It's not narrow-minded to think nobody sane is going to jump toward an opponent with a gun with hands but with a melee weapon while defending, unless you do that against someone with a very high ping delay or a novice.

About the music during the slomo, there are many good examples of this but it will be possible in maps with music, like Zombie Nightmare, I was talking about raising or lowering the pitch or volume? (Lowering the speed of the music when slomo starts seems weird, I think, but not sure). An audio effect like when Dio uses The World, too lel.

I'm totally into adding something to identify who used the slomo, 've been thinking this since a long time too.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"