Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Slow Motion

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
porky
Meatbag
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 am
Gender:

Slow Motion

Post by porky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 am

Take it out, please. I'm begging you. It's annoying. Please, please, please. I can't play "Battle of Teams" without it being used every 5 seconds. There's nothing you can do if someone uses it against you, really. Please. Or at least make it shorter. That "10-Second" one is Satan.
0 x

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: worst moderator on the forum
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:36 am

Honestly, I never use slow-mo. I feel it ruins the otherwise relatively-fast flow of the game and drags on for too long yet never long enough to give you any real advantage. I only pick it up to deny my opponents of the resource and use it either in the middle of a heated firefight to piss the other players off, at the end of the match to postpone the win screen as much as I can or right after someone else used it so the game slows down for a longer period of time - just to be extra annoying.

That said, I don't think we've given a good reason to remove it and begging never does it either. Plus the effect looks cool and the whole thing is really only there for added "cool value".
1 x
 Image

User avatar
Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b
Location: Finland
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:36 am
Honestly, I never use slow-mo. I feel it ruins the otherwise relatively-fast flow of the game and drags on for too long yet never long enough to give you any real advantage. I only pick it up to deny my opponents of the resource and use it either in the middle of a heated firefight to piss the other players off, at the end of the match to postpone the win screen as much as I can or right after someone else used it so the game slows down for a longer period of time - just to be extra annoying.

That said, I don't think we've given a good reason to remove it and begging never does it either. Plus the effect looks cool and the whole thing is really only there for added "cool value".
Yeah its really cool when ur trying to do something that requires timing and then someone just uses it for no reason and you fuck it up and die or something, real cool.
0 x
Image

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: worst moderator on the forum
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm
Yeah its really cool when ur trying to do something that requires timing and then someone just uses it for no reason and you fuck it up and die or something, real cool.
That's the idea of using this to annoy people as opposed to actually using it to your advantage.

Although if I were to suggest a way of making the slow-mo a likeable feature, it would be to shorten the duration of it but to also increase the speed at which you execute actions, to match that of a fighter without slow-mo. Essentially only the person who activated it would be able to move as per usual, and the rest of the lobby would get slowed down. You'd be able to dodge fire and retaliate much more effectively, yet not for long at all; reduce the duration to, say, 1.5s-2s (instead of 5s) and 4.5s-5s (instead of 10s) so it's not considered overpowered. It would certainly screw with the melee game a little bit (free grab into death pit, anyone?) but that'll have to be nerfed some other way.
1 x
 Image

MOOADAM
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Gender:

Post by MOOADAM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 am

i didn't even know anyone was mad at slow mo. every time I use it or someone else uses it I either get rekt or become neo from the matrix. I think its basically the same thing ppl say with the grab "I get beat up bc someone threw me off a cliff" or "the grab punch does a lot of dmg take it out" its not like theres a way around the grab and its not like the slow mo makes the game unplayable. after a while youll adapt and learn to fight around it.
0 x

User avatar
Noble
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Started SFD: I'm a newbie, teach me well ;3
Location: Rio de Janeiro

Post by Noble » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:59 am

Well, about the Battle of Teams, as you said, it is a custom map and that's like a misdesign by the creator, there are surely an overdose of slomo. However, I'm kinda a slomo fan. I think it's a great item and I'm gonna fight anyone that thinks the opposite 👊👊💥

I'm gonna make a big elaborated response here, but first: Yeah, it's an item that is most likely always, unless it's in the hands of a newbie, a checkmate for the opponent. You won't take any blow when the opponent is countering your attacks, since you'll be able to defend his counters. You can also easily cancel your punch whenever you slowly see him defending your attack and turn it into a grab, dealing, technically, a huge amount of damage. Also, the creepiest part of it is how you can knock out someone who's jumping in front of you with a semi-automatic guns or wait and spam the f*** out of someone rolling with an auto gun. Not to mention the full-HP sawed-off combos that can be pulled off with no effort while using it.

I suppose you've been victim of all the things I mentioned above, and it may surely hurt on you while you think you can't avoid this. However, it can be avoidable if you polish your strategies, and also, don't mind, Superfighters's matches are fast and Battle of Team's are even more, just keep on learning and fighting.

Anyways, It's a fun fact how you can extend a match's end using slomo or settime and I forgot that's actually a thing, since I haven't seem this much. I've thought that this shouldn't be this way, the final's timing be synchronized with the game timing, always thought it should be separated, if you get what I mean (while I know that's losing a very fun way to piss off your opponents xd).
1 x
♫ I won't walk into the gates of hell just yet
Though it's where I belong ♪

User avatar
[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 am

Slow mo’s positive and negative.
Positive
-gives players time to think.
-can be used to sabotage players that you feel you yourself can’t kill easily.
-allows the player that used slow mo move faster then everyone else.
-can be used for great team cooperation.
-allows for other forms of battle like zooka games or slow games.
-players can also use a slow mo to override the another players slow mo it doesn’t matter if one has a 10 and the other have a 5 whoever uses it second gets all the benefits.
Negative
-sometimes keeps a player from shooting thier gun.(not sure if this is just me)
-does break the flow of battle.
-the ability is a double-edge sword since it can be used against if the player is experienced enough, never assume a win, instead kill with extreme prejudice.
-affects the whole game.

So ya slow mo does have its downside but in my eyes slow mo’s positive out weight the negatives. I would suggest having a large range where slow mo would work instead of having it affect the whole game if it really bothered me but it feels pretty balanced since it does have its fair share of risks. But shrug it’s debatable, I guess I’m nuetral since it still annoys me even if I can accept, fucking slow mo.
2 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 pm

What kind of suggestion is this? Wanting (or begging in this case) an item to be gone is very childish, the devs won't simply remove an item (and all the assets that come with it) they've worked their ass off to create, especially one with history, just because someone didn't like it.

The way you asked for it to be removed wasn't very rude, and that's a pretty good plus, but that doesn't change the fact that the argument is just god-awful, in this same way I could beg the devs to remove the silenced weapons because they just give less damage and take up space in the pistols pool thus making magnums rarer.

you could've put more thought into it and suggested a workaround, imagine how much smarter you would've looked...
Last edited by StarNord on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
piterskiy
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X
Gender:
Age: 14

Post by piterskiy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 am

i always use it becouse i like seeing people rage so much xd
0 x

User avatar
Lunatic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha
Gender:
Age: 22

Post by Lunatic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 am

The player who uses slomo barely gets any boost to their actions. It's enough to outspeed people if someone hits you in melee, allowing you to hit them before they can hit you again - but then they can still block first lol.

Slomo imo is really only useful to give yourself a moment to think when shit hits the fan. It's hardly relevant in combat, and other than that, it's only good for controlling yourself when rocket riding. That's really it.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

User avatar
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 am

Lunatic wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 am
Slomo imo is really only useful to give yourself a moment to think when shit hits the fan. It's hardly relevant in combat
Hardly relevant in combat? lmao

If i am given a sawned off shotgun and a 10 seconds slomo, I am 99% hitting both of my shots on a player nearby, Slomo can be used to manipulate players without any effort if you use it in the right instance, the same goes to a lot of situations in sfd.

Slomo isn't only useful to give oneself the time to think. right now the meta of this game is anticipation and almost all of the moves in sfd are based on anticipation, for example If i want to land a shot on someone rolling I have to either anticipate that he will jump up or he won't jump at all and shoot straight or up accordingly, but If i use a slomo at that moment, it just takes away the anticipation aspect of that moment. It not only gives me the time to think how the situation will escalate but also give me enough time to act accordingly which is what makes it fatal.
Last edited by Sree on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm

I find it petty to bitch about the slo-mo like this, just consider the facts, it's a short, 10 to 5 second powerup that, in a normal game, isn't used consecutively and probably only once per match(and usually just the 5 second variant since 10 sec is relatively rare), which just throws the annoyance factor out the goddamn window(in a normal game).

What porky was mad about was it being spammed in a BOT(Battle Of Teams) game, where every preset character class has a 10 sec slo-mo, which (if you didn't know) isn't normal, thus allowing players to string slo-mos together making for an obnoxious game.

Another problem is that it's use is subjective Klipeh uses it to meet the daily quota of salty tears, Lunatic is a pro melle 1v1 boi and Sree is a god and we must all kowtow to the slo-mo lord

On top of that, I think what @porky actually meant to "suggest" was for it to be removed from BOT and not from the game itself

moral of the story is the devs added slo-mo for the nostalgia and "cool value" and won't remove it unless it's completely ruining the game somehow.
Last edited by StarNord on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:38 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm
Sree is a god and we must all kowtow to the slo-mo lord
Facts xd

but honestly, I don't agree with the part where you kinda implied that it's not overpowered because it's usage is subjective. Sure, not everyone might be competent enough to use slomo in the right way, but that's not a good way of determining it's power. The power of a weapon is decided by the one holding it and in the right hands, that "10 - 5 seconds" can be your demise.

Slow mo doesn't bother me much honestly, but i still do agree that they are a bit overpowered. the only way to counter a player who just activated slow mo is to not make a move at all, If you try to roll or block in anticipation of an upcoming attack, then the player will easily manipulate you by waiting until the right moment to attack. I don't think slow mo should be removed, but I think it's duration should be altered. 10 seconds is way too long but hey, that's just my opinion.
1 x

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:38 pm
Slow mo doesn't bother me much honestly, but i still do agree that they are a bit overpowered. the only way to counter a player who just activated slow mo is to not make a move at all, If you try to roll or block in anticipation of an upcoming attack, then the player will easily manipulate you by waiting until the right moment to attack. I don't think slow mo should be removed, but I think it's duration should be altered. 10 seconds is way too long but hey, that's just my opinion.
I still don't get how the slo-mo is a "bit" OP, it's like saying ranged weapons in SFD are a "bit" OP because they can destroy you within seconds, no shit, the person who activates the slo-mo gets only a slight advantage, that doesn't mean you should cower and hide, you can still whoop their ass, it doesn't make them invulnerable all they get is an almost unnoticeable advantage which is less than what you can say about someone who finds a bazooka or grenade launcher.

But I will admit you can decimate someone if you use the slo-mo at the right time, the same can be said about all the weapons in the game, admitting that doesn't mean that it should be nerfed or reworked or buffed because that's the whole point of the game, people that have better shit than you can destroy you, your job is to counter them with the shit you have and if you can't... git gud.

Edit: Or politely ask them to go easy on you like I do.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
the person who activates the slo-mo gets only a slight advantage
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
But I will admit you can decimate someone if you use the slo-mo at the right time
Those are conflicting statements.

It's situational, slow mo can be very fatal at the right hands if used at the right time.
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
you can still whoop their ass, it doesn't make them invulnerable all they get is an almost unnoticeable advantage
Against a competent player? No. There is no counter to slow mo, all you can do is not make a move at all. almost every melee attacks can easily be countered in slow mo, punches can be blocked without having to anticipate. exceptions are situations where You have a gun with high rof and ammunation but then again, a competent player would never use a slow mo when he is in a disadvantage.
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
admitting that doesn't mean that it should be nerfed or reworked or buffed because that's the whole point of the game, people that have better shit than you can destroy you, your job is to counter them with the shit you have and if you can't... git gud.
Yeah except that there is no real counter to slow mo. Slow mo is so unpredictable, You can't compare a slow mo with a bazooka. I can avoid a situation where I could get gibbed by a bazooka, but I can't avoid a situation where I am playing aggressive cause I am on the winning side but the enemy suddenly uses a slow mo and turns the table. It's the unpredictability and the fact that there is no counter to slow mo which makes it fatal at fights. it can turn tables very quickly.

also, I never imposed on the devs to nerf the slow mo, I just gave my opinion that It could be better if the duration is shorter.
1 x

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
the person who activates the slo-mo gets only a slight advantage
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
But I will admit you can decimate someone if you use the slo-mo at the right time
Those are conflicting statements.
Those are conflicting statements if presented without context

My point in the second statement was that you were exaggerating how OP the slo-mo was by using a general statement like " slow mo can be very fatal at the right hands if used at the right time", that's why I said "no shit" because the same could be said about any other weapon, shotguns are VERY effective at close range, which means you could say "shotguns can be very fatal at the right hands if used at the right time", just like the slo-mo.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
you can still whoop their ass, it doesn't make them invulnerable all they get is an almost unnoticeable advantage
Against a competent player? No. There is no counter to slow mo, all you can do is not make a move at all. almost every melee attacks can easily be countered in slow mo, punches can be blocked without having to anticipate. exceptions are situations where You have a gun with high rof and ammunation but then again, a competent player would never use a slow mo when he is in a disadvantage.
You have to realise that the slo-mo also affects the player who activates it, which means you can still anticipate THEIR moves, all it comes down to is that tiny speed boost, which i'll admit might make it worse for melee, but that doesn't mean you can't use firearms, it's harder to anticipate bullets especially ones that are flying in from close range.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:39 pm
admitting that doesn't mean that it should be nerfed or reworked or buffed because that's the whole point of the game, people that have better shit than you can destroy you, your job is to counter them with the shit you have and if you can't... git gud.
Yeah except that there is no real counter to slow mo. Slow mo is so unpredictable, You can't compare a slow mo with a bazooka. I can avoid a situation where I could get gibbed by a bazooka, but I can't avoid a situation where I am playing aggressive cause I am on the winning side but the enemy suddenly uses a slow mo and turns the table. It's the unpredictability and the fact that there is no counter to slow mo which makes it fatal at fights. it can turn tables very quickly.
tables can turn very quickly in SFD, it isn't always because of the slo-mo, you can rush at a low health opponent to finish them off but then they could happen to find a medkit in a random crate and turn the tables instantly, stuff like this ain't rare, actually, it happens all the time, grabs can turn the tables very much the same way, because that is SFD, reasoning like that won't work against a powerup in a game that prefers chaos over skill, things are meant to be unpredictable.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
I never imposed on the devs to nerf the slow mo
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
It could be better if the duration is shorter
Those are actual conflicting statements, but we all like to sugar-coat so i'mma let you go on that one

Plus that statement was to cover a broad range of opinions, if I was targeting at you, I would've said reworked (see, I like sugar-coating too)
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Title: PhasmicAF
SFD Account: Sree
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Sree » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm
Those are conflicting statements if presented without context
No those are conflicting statements because you basically said that slomo only gives a slight advantage and then later agreed that one can decimate another if used at the right moment. I already told you why slomo is not equivalent to guns but you still seem to cling to the same flawed logic. there are plenty of ways to counter guns and one can't 100% hit his shots with a gun especially sniper rifles or shotguns because anticipation can go wrong. but in case of slow mo, slow mo doesn't act individually, If it is combo-ed with a shotgun or sniper rifle, then it would take away the anticipation aspect of the moment which could result in an easy free hit on the opponent. I can't evade a moment like that in slow mo because of how easy it is to improvise and counter in slow mo.
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm
You have to realise that the slo-mo also affects the player who activates it, which means you can still anticipate THEIR moves, all it comes down to is that tiny speed boost, which i'll admit might make it worse for melee, but that doesn't mean you can't use firearms, it's harder to anticipate bullets especially ones that are flying in from close range.
Again, a competent player would only use slo-mo when his opponent is in a disadvantage, If i get caught in a moment like that (for example I am rolling or jumping and suddenly the enemy activates the slow mo) then there is no counter to that. No one would activate slow mo when his opponent is fully able and has a gun ready to fire with.
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm
tables can turn very quickly in SFD, it isn't always because of the slo-mo, you can rush at a low health opponent to finish them off but then they could happen to find a medkit in a random crate and turn the tables instantly, stuff like this ain't rare, actually, it happens all the time, grabs can turn the tables very much the same way, because that is SFD, reasoning like that won't work against a powerup in a game that prefers chaos over skill, things are meant to be unpredictable.
uff I kinda agree with you, there are a lot of situations which can turn the tables easily but slow mo is much worse because of it's unpredictability. a bazooka can turn tables too, a grab can too but those are perceivable but slow mo isn't.
StarNord wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 pm
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
I never imposed on the devs to nerf the slow mo
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
It could be better if the duration is shorter
Those are actual conflicting statements, but we all like to sugar-coat so i'mma let you go on that one

Plus that statement was to cover a broad range of opinions, if I was targeting at you, I would've said reworked (see, I like sugar-coating too)
Those are not conflicting statements lol, I never really imposed on the devs to nerf the slow mo, I just said that it could be better if the duration is shorter, which was obviously just an opinion. good try though
2 x

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:01 am

Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm
No those are conflicting statements because you basically said that slomo only gives a slight advantage and then later agreed that one can decimate another if used at the right moment. I already told you why slomo is not equivalent to guns but you still seem to cling to the same flawed logic. there are plenty of ways to counter guns and one can't 100% hit his shots with a gun especially sniper rifles or shotguns because anticipation can go wrong. but in case of slow mo, slow mo doesn't act individually, If it is combo-ed with a shotgun or sniper rifle, then it would take away the anticipation aspect of the moment which could result in an easy free hit on the opponent. I can't evade a moment like that in slow mo because of how easy it is to improvise and counter in slow mo.

I was trying to devalue your point about slo-mos being OP in the right situations by comparing it to other things that are just as OP in the right situations, not only guns, but also medkits grenades mines molotovs, etcetera but since then you have elaborated on your point and added the whole combo thing, I came here with a skeptical viewpoint and all I have to say now is, good job... You have sufficiently backed up your point and convinced me, gg m8.
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Again, a competent player would only use slo-mo when his opponent is in a disadvantage, If i get caught in a moment like that (for example I am rolling or jumping and suddenly the enemy activates the slow mo) then there is no counter to that. No one would activate slow mo when his opponent is fully able and has a gun ready to fire with.

So usually you're at a disadvantage mid-air right? since you can't shoot downwards... so here's a suggestion for the devs, since they may have cared to read our lil' argument, wouldn't it be cool if you could aim mid-air if slo-mo was activated, not only would it be cool but it'd also help counter many of the situations where a slo-mo is exploited, with some duration tuning so it isn't too OP, I'd like to see more discussions around this idea, I believe it has some potential. (says the guy who came up with it)
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm
uff I kinda agree with you, there are a lot of situations which can turn the tables easily but slow mo is much worse because of it's unpredictability. a bazooka can turn tables too, a grab can too but those are perceivable but slow mo isn't.

Agreed, and because of this I think there should be a visual indicator for when someone has a slo-mo, maybe a lil chain peeking out of their pocket and extending to a belt loop and the activation being a bit delayed by having an animation where you pull out a pocketwatch and... Shatter it? (haven't thought that through yet)
Sree wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Those are not conflicting statements lol, I never really imposed on the devs to nerf the slow mo, I just said that it could be better if the duration is shorter, which was obviously just an opinion. good try though
My actual point wasn't the conflicting statements thing, it was the stuff after, that was just a cute lil' meme(yes, it's a meme now) I threw in there to make my post seem a tad light-hearted since things seemed to have gotten heated, my fault for putting it first, but in my defense I was trying to match your conflicting statement format you used in your last reply.

I hope this discussion has given the devs some much needed insight to make this powerup great...
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0
Location: Mum's Basement
Gender:
Age: 16
Contact:

Post by StarNord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:28 am

After a long discussion with Sree, I realized just how OP the slo-mo could be in certain situations, there were many exploits and almost all were on mid-air opponents, although I already suggested my solutions at the end of the aforementioned "long discussion", I don't think anyone goes down a long hectic discussion just to see some possible solutions to a problem they've never encountered.

but why are opponents in mid-air so damn vulnerable? opponents in mid-air cannot aim so if you're below or above them they cannot fight back until they hit the ground and slo-mo extends the time they stay in their vulnerable state allowing you to think up ways to deal tons of damage.

I believe allowing players in mid-air to aim while slo-mo is activated would be a great way to not only stop such exploits but also make slo-mo cool and practical, because other than slowing down the game, there's not much slo-mo is good for (to the majority) as of now, this would give it an obvious benefit and turn it from a groan-inducing, boring powerup to a powerful trick up your sleeve.

another problem I have with the slo-mo is how you can't tell who has activated the powerup if there are more than two players in the server, because the person who activates the slo-mo is slightly faster than other players, this not only makes it hard to tell who has an advantage but also makes it hard for the newbies to tell that they get an advantage.

An activation animation is one solution, maybe an animation where you pull out a pocket-watch and check the time or just crush the watch if that's not superfighter enough, a special effect like an After-image Effect, like in the matrix would make it much more obvious though and seem alot more hollywoodian, although I have no idea how hard it might be, not saying they shouldn't try it though I love the matrix and I dunno wouldn't it be pretty cool if SFD made a more obvious nod to them?
 ! Message from: Noble
I moved your topic to here since there were already a suggestion topic where people are discussing about this subject. (curiously called just "Slow Motion" lol)
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

User avatar
Noble
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Started SFD: I'm a newbie, teach me well ;3
Location: Rio de Janeiro

Post by Noble » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:58 am

I have to admit that I kinda liked the color of what you're just saying there, mate. Being able to aim jumping during slomo seems very cool. However, I think that will work waaaaaay better for those who used the slomo instead of who is being the victim, to aim while jumping, you can't even compare how more powerful the one who used it will be and also, even if you could aim and have the opportunity, you wouldn't be fast enough to aim and the shot's delay would not allow you to counter the slomo effects mid-air at all. Not to mention, if you jump towards someone during slomo you're coming to hit him, why would you have a gun in hands?

I've been discussing a lot with my friends about the slomo, and how more dynamic it could be, mainly if allied with audio prowess, music and also visual effects, and there are a LOT of ways to do this, an after-image effect is also another fun way to put, but I refuse to agree with all you're saying there. I already said I don't have much to say against slomo (or official maps, as just some people from this forum have). I don't think it is something "groan-inducing and boring".

I'm not letting you without a response about the "why does everyone who is jumping in the middle of slomo is so fuc*ed up?" though. Honestly, it is not just about slomo, everyone who is mad at something and discussing on forums are talking about the same thing, about how hard it is to get into opponent's space, mainly if he is well covered. It happens that semi-automatic guns (like dmr) are at a big advantage during the slomo, as it also have big advantage agaisnt jumping players even without slomo. You're not coming with any counter-argument about slomo that isn't about semiautoguns, I guess. After all, I'm going to be the guy who will always say that you've been fuc*ed on those situations because you moved toward your opponent carelessly. If you decide to inattentively get closer to an opponent with a knife and you miss the timing of the guard, godamnit-live with the consequences lel. What happens during the slomo is not even very different from what happens without it, it just gives you time to think (and a lot of time to waste just watching yourself getting slowly punished if you're in midair heh). There are a lot of patterns where you do not have much to do when getting closer to a dangerous opponent (regarding his equipments and also even his skills)
0 x
♫ I won't walk into the gates of hell just yet
Though it's where I belong ♪

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests