Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Dedicated SFD server soft without GPU (server OS)

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Mr Moher
Meatbag
SFD Account: Adamix147
Started SFD: Alpha
Dedicated SFD server soft without GPU (server OS)

Post by Mr Moher » Sat May 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello,

I would like to suggest an update to dedicated server software. Unfortunately, one of it requirements to run is GPU. I don’t know how much SFD processing is done server-side, but it would be nice to host some dedicated servers on VPS.

As this suggestion will be taken into consideration please let us know if there is any chance to get software for dedicated servers on Linux (that will be using only CLI). It would be easier than wine and does not need any license as Windows server ;)
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

From what I have seen XNA requires a graphics card to even start.
In order to make a server run we need to remove XNA as a dependency from the game. I don't think it's impossible but it would require a lot of work and two separate executables - something we don't prioritize now.
0 x
Gurt