Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Liquids

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Liquids

Post by Shark » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Hellooooo, my new idea is LIQUIDS,SFD is good, but LIQUIDS is the future, like a situation with fire everywhere you shoot a WATER CAN or jump in Water, extingues the fire, or shoot a oil barrel, don't explode but drop oil that is high infamable.

FIRE = Natural of game (wtf it's not a liquid) see the GIF in OIL below)
WATER = NEW, Extingues Fire and absorv impact
OIL = NEW, The player stay more slow when is in this.
ACID = NEW, Instakill, gib, kill every and everybody...

a Example of WATER and OIL

obs: "idk if it is a Small Sugestion"
This will make the game pretty and heavy, too add more bugs, it's sure :I

LIKE, if you want this added in game...

sorry my bad english...
8 x
Just me The Predator!

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Wed May 02, 2018 2:41 am

IVE BEEN WANTING TO START THIS FOR A LONG TIME BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A TOPIC.
i do think that water should put out fire but ONLY after u roll in it once(if the person isn't completely submerged) i also think that there should be some sort of swimming maybe, not rly full fledged underwater combat but simple mess like swimming, doing a fast swim burst(what sprinting would do out of water) and maybe like one melee attack to u can hit someone more under water stunning them a little bit.

i was thinking like how u cant completely fight on ladders but can still do some dmg
with oil i think that if the person is more submerged they should start to suffocate faster than a person would lose oxygen in water.

and i think that acid should be able to be set(or maybe just have 2 different acids) so that it doesn't instakill all the time. if I'm standing in acid but not completely submerged i should only lose hp like the low levels of fire.

and oil should also catch on fire (or explode if there is enough of it) when bullets hit it or an explosion is near.
1 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Fri May 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Yo thats a really good idea, but i dont think you could Impliment it in a way that works, With the current physics engine.
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some time ago I made a simple template with dynamic water. It ain't no fancy but looks pretty neat.
Feel free to have a look: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Water.sfdm

edit:
It could be possible to have smooth water with smaller particles, however, it would lag a lot. It could also have some thingy that makes all the edges go smoothly together, and if the particles are too far away they would be just waterdrops. Not really a concept that will be implemented anytime soon, because it would be heavy af.
0 x

RiD
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Calceta de Elían
SFD Alias: deElían
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.5

Post by RiD » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 am

I think it's a good idea, it does not seem realistic to me that when you're on fire do not go out with water
0 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:47 am

This is a great idea, It's Definitely logical, But if we add water, We need to add a drowning system.
0 x