Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Health Items In SFD

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Health Items In SFD

Post by StarNord » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:07 am

Ever heard of health hunting? it is the act of losing health after getting shotgun stun-locked and then somehow miraculously escaping to prolong the match almost indefinitely in order to look for healing items. (and to give that godforsaken stun-locker blue balls)

This insufferable act leaves many asking "why can't this tryhard just suck it up? why aren't there more healing items?" but then they soon realize that they aren't a level 99 suggester and continue to writhe in their suffering... But I as a (self-proclaimed and pompous) level 99 suggester have heard their cries and have decided to take to the SFD forums to suggest an Ingenious solution.

sorry if that "introduction" I wrote while high off of boredom dragged on for too long, my idea is of a vending machine of sorts that'll be spread across a map and dispense consumables like food and drink that'll restore health.

these consumables won't make you instantly gain a set amount of health but instead make you gradually regenerate that amount of health over time but if the user takes damage then the regen will be cancelled, my idea of this is is where a dark red region will stretch from your current HP to the amount of HP you'll regenerate to show precisely how much health you'll regenerate kinda like this (if you recognized that game I WILL buy you a drink if we ever cross paths)

Now, vending machines may encourage camping but fret not! I have a solution for that as well, every match will have more than two vending machines, but only one vending machine may be active at a given time meaning that players will have to cycle around in order to get more health.

But if that solution sounded a bit unrealistic or not very practical to you, body armour could be another potential solution...

Armour will have hitpoints of it's own but won't "take over" your health meaning, when taking damage both your health and the armour will take damage but the armour will only take as much damage as it absorbs meaning if body armour armour only absorbs 50% of all incoming damage and you received 100 damage, your armour and your health will deplete by 50HP.

Got all that? Now for the smaller suggestions.

A wrench or another fixing tool/gadget could be used to activate inactive vending machines but will be used up in the process, this will also deactivate the previously activated vending machine.

since a superfighter has only 200HP the body armour should have 100HP and absorb only 50% of all incoming damage. (so that it isn't too OP)

The bodyarmour will not absorb some types of damage like fall-damage.
3 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:35 am

IVE NEVER AGREED MORE MY DUDE. the vending machine idea sounds legit. just to clarify u mean that. When one vending machine is used it is no longer active and you must go the to the other vending machine and so on. so u have to go back and forth to gradually get hp (also without getting killed). while playing LONG rounds with 8 PLAYERS can leave u with like 2HP in the end and with still 1-3 people to defeat, and in that situation this would be helpful. but i also think that there should be a cool down, because eon smaller maps you could smi-easily spam them. so it shoudll take about 20 second to reuse the same one regaurdless if its active
[ALSO THE GAME THAT THE EXAMPLE IS FROM IS CALLED "COMMANDO" ITS A GAME ON miniclip.com AND ITS FILTHY STINKING FUN AND LIT]
0 x

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:20 am

While I do agree these are some good ideas, on the other hand I like how short and quick games of SFD are. Most games last about 3 minutes so I always turn sudden death on and put the timer to 3 minutes to prevent long and drawn out games.
3 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Vitamin E wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:20 am
While I do agree these are some good ideas, on the other hand I like how short and quick games of SFD are. Most games last about 3 minutes so I always turn sudden death on and put the timer to 3 minutes to prevent long and drawn out games.
This was partly the reason why I suggested body armour but I don't think that'll cut it if you only have 15 health since then you'll only go up to a measly 30HP(because body armor absorbs only 50% of incoming damage), this would require a much more radical and less conventional solution.

Or y'know... we could just ignore it all and go with a conventional one like COD regeneration from the previous SF! WOOOOO... :roll:
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection