Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Muted player should receive notice

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Muted player should receive notice

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 am

Abuse
Silly arguments
Unwanted discussions
Chat spams
etc
Toxic community?wanna get rid of it?lets put the first brick shall we? :)

It would be really fair if the muted player receives a notification of being muted or blocked.
The present /mute player is pretty useful feature,but people dont really use that much because it does not satisfy them in arguments yet they lie and say ''i am going mute you''even when they dont just to see whats the other guy gonna say and he will stay spamming and abusing if not sure hes really been muted.

Its okay if you like to generate some heat in the chat.Abuse,tease,call names at a minimal would look fine,but excessive use of those would not look so cool if your a calm and cool dude even for new players(in 12s) adapting abuse from a 2d game?

After being blocked or muted in social networks incase,you'd feel broken(obviously)trying to figure out what you have done wrong yet you eventually find out the reason later and well try to be more careful in the chat.

The same goes for in-game.This would probably work like this-The moment you mute a player he/she would receive a text in private "You have been muted by Player X''or''Player X muted Player Y" openly in the chat?That looks so mature and fair.

The muted one's would sure feel shame with ignorance and well behave better next time.
4 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

Post by Kyra » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:40 am

I agree because it may be annoying for the muted player to constantly type in chat without knowing he or she is muted. Just add "You have been muted by ToxicPlayer100". But saying SFD is a toxic community is an overstatement ;D
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:37 am

Mute is there to help a player avoid toxicity and give them a better experience. I am pretty sure that no toxic player will self realize and behave better just because someone muted them, Some players may even hold a beef on you and keep targeting you in the server for muting them. This would affect the players who like to be neutral.
4 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:51 am

I don't think this would combat toxic behavior, if anything it would incentivize it. The goal in pissing you off is for you to get mad, and I as a toxic person would achieve this goal by making you react. Plus I wouldn't care if I ended up being muted by someone I don't like in the first place. The whole point of a mute is to help you deal with toxicity and it is best for you as a regular player to deal with it discreetly. A toxic person would write a mute off as a victory. Let them keep barking at the wall, you have already dealt with them in your own way.

To me it looks like you're looking for a way to get back at people who wronged you and that's its own kind of toxic. I can already see chatlogs pop up everywhere with a mute being used as proof the person muting "got mad" or acted like a "coward".

Besides, a "X has muted you" message might confuse new players and make them think they have been muted "globally", that they can't use the chat anymore. I'd much prefer the notice to be used when Mod muting functionality is actually added to the game.
5 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 pm

What @KliPeH said. Besides you can hide the whole chat if you feel like it effectively muting everyone until you show the chat again.
4 x
Gurt