Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

My idea on how to make melee look more varied.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
My idea on how to make melee look more varied.

Post by mgtr14 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm

I see alot of people say that they think melee lacks moves or looks, we only see the same punch, swing, kick and block.

Maybe a simple solution, would be to give the same moves a new look sometimes instead. Maybe a kick could look like a headbutt (Only if the opponent is standing up, of course), and maybe the punch could be a hook, and melee weapons fit for one handed swinging would get your guy to swing with one hand.

The only problem I see with this, is that it could maybe confuse people on what move is actually being done, for me, I wouldn't have that problem. But maybe it should just be simple visual tweaks, or just give some players and option to keep it on, so they can get used to the moves first?

Just an idea, some discussion on this would be nice, I really think that this could benefit the game alot.
4 x
Shut up bitch!!

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 am

this would be absolutely awesome! I was hardly able to tell whether the game was trying to be modern or 90's back when I first got this game and something like this would make this game really unique.

It kinda reminds me of hotline miami where the player could just hold a uzi normally but instead the characters in-game hold a uzi sideways just to give you that "gangsta"(first time I used this word unironically) feel, so if the devs (specifically hjarpe) find a way to make their fighting style more Hollywoodian, it would certainly benefit the game, in both the competitive scene and, like hotline miami, give you a unique SFD feel, which it is lacking quite a bit RN.

Edit:
Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm
but implementing new moves is a big job for poor overworked Gurt!
Hjarpe wrote:
a big job for poor overworked Gurt!
Hjarpe wrote:
overworked Gurt!
#Let's Overwork Hajarpe (if he isn't already overworked :mrgreen:)
Last edited by StarNord on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

NICE IDEA MY DUDE I THINK THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME WAYYYYYY BETTER!!!! plus it makes SUPERFIGHTERS even more super.
0 x