Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Advanced HP Status/Damage Pop-ups Option?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Advanced HP Status/Damage Pop-ups Option?

Post by DreTheGamer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Man, it's been a while since I've done this sort of thing. I remember when I first posted on the old forums like a dumb-dumb and got shit on in the aftermath for not following the rules. Anyways, this game has come a long way and I'm that many of you would probably make this some sort of script, if not, already has. But I figured that the devs of this game could make this some sort of Advanced Option in the settings and would be quite helpful if not satisfying to those who'd use it.

Now, you know how most games of some kind in the action/fighting category shows how much damage you deal to a player with an inanimate object/gun? I thought that this would be a pretty neat add-on into the game as someone who's really into the fight would love to see how much damage they've dealt to a particular player with a weapon of any kind. You could even make it so that the more damage they deal to someone, the popup becomes red, orange, green, yellow, etc (the colors could also represent how little or how much of an impact your hit/bullet was to them). I'm sure that someone could convert this into some sort of script but I figured that I could give the people of the forums a little insight on where I'm coming from. Also, the popup damage could fade into thin air after a few seconds instead of just popping above their head like some sort of Microsoft Paint png.

As for the status of your HP, it could start at 100.0 or whatever. As you take bruises and scars from the battle, you can see your health depleting more and more until badda bing badda boom, ur ded. It doesn't have to get all mathematical but this would be sorta kinda helpful to those who'd like to see how close they were to death or you know, just flaunt to the rest of those in the server.

Anyways I hope that you've all enjoyed my little idea on things. Maybe you could leave some feedback and we can talk about it?
Cya all later.
And sorta kinda join my server whenever I host, ye ye.
2 x

[HERC]riotz
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: legitdegit
Started SFD: 2016

Post by [HERC]riotz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:46 pm

that sound pretty neat for the future workshop system (That might hopefully allow us to make more weapon)
0 x
i sense a number of people that dont want the game to be a paid product

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:09 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am
  • An interface mode (switched to/from with the F9 key) that shows a visual, numeral representation of damage done to fighters in the form of numbers rapidly popping up and disappearing above their heads. Regular damage can be colored in white, while crits can be colored in red/bright orange.

This is the best example I could find to explain what I mean (game is PayDay 2, modded interface);
    ► Show Spoiler
  • (Optional) Toggling this mode on also shows the exact HP of each fighter. While the first option is just used for fun, this one can actually be used when playing in a more competitive environment, which doesn't seem to be the environment the dev team wants to take this game to.
0 x

Yigrido
Fighter
Fighter
Title: zyfex is our savior
SFD Account: Bobbydied
SFD Alias: Yigrido
Started SFD: August 2018
Post by Yigrido » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:09 pm
KliPeH wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am
  • An interface mode (switched to/from with the F9 key) that shows a visual, numeral representation of damage done to fighters in the form of numbers rapidly popping up and disappearing above their heads. Regular damage can be colored in white, while crits can be colored in red/bright orange.

This is the best example I could find to explain what I mean (game is PayDay 2, modded interface);
    ► Show Spoiler
  • (Optional) Toggling this mode on also shows the exact HP of each fighter. While the first option is just used for fun, this one can actually be used when playing in a more competitive environment, which doesn't seem to be the environment the dev team wants to take this game to.
Fairly sure this can be done with script, I've seen one like this in Ebomb's server.
0 x
I try so hard to tryhard, but I can't tryhard no matter how hard I try.

Artifex
Fighter
Fighter
Title: i kick ass and chew gum daily
Started SFD: year before old forums closed
Post by Artifex » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:07 am

I thought that there was a script like this already. Because i saw something extremely similar on a different server as well.
Also if anybody has that script, could you provide a link?
0 x
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:24 am

Artifex wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:07 am
I thought that there was a script like this already. Because i saw something extremely similar on a different server as well.
Also if anybody has that script, could you provide a link?
Im going to be honest with you, I am too lazy to sort out some of the scripts I have in this folder. I made this folder in the past in order to allow Gurt to diagnose a problem that happened that may or may had not been attributed to a script. I believe the script you are looking for is called "HP" in this folder that is linked here. Be warned, that this script tends to Gib you randomly after around 3.5 minutes. Not sure why, but Im sure some good scripters can edit this and make that so its not the case.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst