Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor suggestion: Grouped Groups

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Map Editor suggestion: Grouped Groups

Post by Motto73 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Groups are very good in maintaining order in a map and spawn certain objects on runtime. Sometimes it would be great to group groups, especially when you are trying to create a bit more complex entities. For example, I am trying to create a closet to a horror mode where the player could hide. It consists of three different groups, each of them spawning their own objects. Many triggers are conencted within the different groups and from a group to another. If I could group these groups to one group, it would be a lot easier to move it around the map and keep the order as it should be.
► Show Spoiler
Thank you for your interest.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:41 pm

This is something that I would like as well but due to technical limitation in how tiles work and that grouping of tiles are an afterthought rather than an initial planned feature in the editor we simply chose not to implement recursive grouping (or "grouped groups").
As it is now you will just have to place the group markers next to each other to see which groups belong together.
0 x
Gurt