Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Having the option to keybind the drop button separately

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Having the option to keybind the drop button separately

Post by Del Poncho » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm

The title says it all,it would be nice to be able to keybind the "drop object" action separately from the "throw mode".

The top would be having the option to keep a new keybind AND the hold-to-drop function,pretty much like the Grab option works. In this way,you would be able to drop an object by pressing a specific key,or by holding the "throw mode key".

As a default key,I would suggest probably Z or X,or anything else that goes with the thumb,as it's mostly unused. That,or simply leaving it blank.
12 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm

if u mean a button to replace holding the throw button to drop thing i agree
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am

hyper copter wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm
if u mean a button to replace holding the throw button to drop thing i agree
Not exactly to replace,but having the option to chose between the two types would be nice.
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am

Del Poncho wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm
The title says it all,it would be nice to be able to keybind the "drop object" action separately from the "throw mode".

The top would be having the option to keep a new keybind AND the hold-to-drop function,pretty much like the Grab option works. In this way,you would be able to drop an object by pressing a specific key,or by holding the "throw mode key".

As a default key,I would suggest probably Z or X,or anything else that goes with the thumb,as it's mostly unused. That,or simply leaving it blank.
Yes i especially would like that. Its good to want things but i dont think *they* will ever cash those checks mate.
2 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am
Del Poncho wrote:

Yes i especially would like that. Its good to want things but i dont think *they* will ever cash those checks mate.
Well Mate your wrong, Those checks could be cashed soon enough as far as they make "sence" within their Topic's.
And *they*(devs) wouldn't mind if the change deems necessary and whilst coming to their hands.kha
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Del Poncho wrote:

Well Mate your wrong, Those checks could be cashed soon enough as far as they make "sence" within their Topic's.
And *they*(devs) wouldn't mind if the change deems necessary and whilst coming to their hands.kha
You say i'm wrong, yet you say they "could". You're not really confident that they will are ya?
1 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Del Poncho wrote:

I don't see how this suggestion doesn't make sense, having a separate keybind for dropping objects is a good idea and it isn't game breaking in anyway. Still the *they* haven't even cared to give a feedback? Rick's point is proved right already.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Well, it's not as real timed as dropping a weapon instantly: You can press the drop button even seconds before equipping an item (it will drop the item the same sec you equipped) and if you want to do it in any other occasion you just have to press it a sec before (the cooldown is fast) which led me to think there's not any need for this, but I support the idea (it's a valid suggestion that may help the players but I don't think there's priority)
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"