Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Hanging Chains and Ropes.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Clickenchicken
Meatbag

Hanging Chains and Ropes.

Post by Clickenchicken » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm

I think it would be cool if there were hanging chains and ropes to grab onto in the maps and swing around like Tarzan! Say, if you were to shoot a hanging crate off of a crane, the the cable that it was connected to wouldn't disappear, but still hang there and you could jump and grab onto it and swing to a different location. Maybe you could even attach C4 to it and swing it towards your unsuspecting victim! And it might also be cool if you were falling and were able to grab onto a rope or chain before you fell into an inconvenient pool of "glowy green acid".

Perhaps this is similar to what you have in mind for the grappling hook, maybe even too similar that it might take away from the glory of the grappling hook. But it was just a suggestion, even if a silly one.
3 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 am

if the rope/chain is attached to a heavy crate it wouldn't be easy to swing as the crates are heavy, everywhere is possible to easily reach so there's no need for that, also it's extreemly hard to grab a rope without slipping down, you might say that some ropes are climbable in some custom maps
but that's not realistic. the idea is not that bad, at least suggesting an idea is better than staying quiet.👌
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Clickenchicken
Meatbag

Post by Clickenchicken » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 am

Well, when I said about the crates, I didn't mean that you'd grab onto the rope while it's still attached, but after it's separated. It doesn't just disappear, but remains there, available to grab, if that makes sense. Also, not realistic? In game where you can get shot by a rocket launcher and control the missile to take your enemies with you? I don't think realism is their top priority. XD

I appreciate your reply.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Well now i understood and that makes sense.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 pm
You can still swing from the crates. Kick the crates a bit then grab on to the rope and jump. If you're going to criticise an idea at least make sure it's constructive.
0 x
-Evilsack

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 pm
You can still swing from the crates. Kick the crates a bit then grab on to the rope and jump. If you're going to criticise an idea at least make sure it's constructive.
¤
|
|
| ROPE
|
|
[{}] CRATE

¤
|
|
<=---------------- BULLET
|
|
[{}]

ROPE DOESN'T DISAPPEAR IT JUST REMAINS HANGING ON THE.... thing... (Arab...) AND THE REST OF THE ROPE ALSO REMAINS HANGNING WITH THE CRATE... thing.... INSTEAD OF DISAPPEARING.

You can now hang/swing On it like Tarzan.
The idea is swinging with a crate needs some skill
Because it's too fast and you can fall, but you won't on a rope.

Hope it describes... or whatev the word is...
2 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am

I remember that I had typed out a rope suggestion in my old phone before it broke and I subsequently lost the suggestion before being able to post it, but here's what I remember from it.

You could grab and hold on to the rope by jumping to it, you could only move up and down on the rope and by pressing left and right you'd swing.

There would be two types of "rope", chains and just rope, chains are indestructible, however ropes can be cut, burned, get 'sploded and so on, and I also thought of a variant of the rope only differing in appearance, that being vines.

My primary reason for adding it was that it'd make traversing levels more fun and dynamic and I remember compiling a list of maps that would benefit from having ropes in them but, ofcourse, I forgot and do not want to bother researching again.

Bumping an old post because I think this idea needs to be explored some more...
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection