Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Easy Doors!

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Heli0s
Meatbag
SFD Account: rikooreix
SFD Alias: Heli0s

Easy Doors!

Post by Heli0s » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm

My Suggestion/ Idea are Easy Doors, Which you can place in editor and dont do anything with scripts, Doors could be Closed and Opened (Obvious) and destroyable depending on material/thickness of the door, They would block throwables, Bullets (Depends which), players when closed
Type of doors:
Old Wooden Door
One hit from punch/kick to break
Size: Same as the Super Fighters
Every Bullets can go through
Wooden door
3 Hits from melee to break
Size: One block bigger than Super Fighter
Bigger caliber than 9mm pistols, So only pistols cant shoot through it.
Iron Door
Explosives can break it
Size: Wooden door size
Nothing can shoot through.
Titanium Door
Cant break it
Size: Bigger than wooden door
Cant shoot through this door

They would be usefull to and knockback Throwables, block bullets and bring realism to buildings.
4 x
I learned his weakness... Its bullets

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: 1000+ ping
SFD Alias: (Mask)Venom
Post by Venom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:49 am

nice suggestion but i don't think titanium doors are needed...
2 x
Wait the day till I get internet...

GreenyShark
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:08 am

This is a good idea. Now you don't have to get a plank as a lame excuse for a door
4 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 am

Yeah,it's not a bad idea at all. Having doors that can be opened/closed with the interaction button and/or triggers and buttons around the map would really be cool.
It would also be very beneficial for campaigns/adventure maps,since it's a good way to block a passage without needing planks or similar. They don't exactly look good.

I would differentiate the size from the toughness,tho,and have some way to make the door bigger/smaller for various needs.
Also,I would just see 3 levels for this:

-Wooden,can be shot through;
-Metal,can't be shot through but can break;
-Reinforced/whatever,can't be shot through or broken in any way;

Maybe this could go along with some kind of "editable" hp value,in the map editor.
Also,a value to chose if it can be opened or not "by the handle",meaning that some doors would need a specific trigger to be opened,or cannot be opened at all.
4 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm

A very good idea indeed.

It would also be great if the doors could be opened by diving into them (if they are not locked) and when they are hit by objects. They could open to the background like in a game called Duck Game (GIFs below). If they were shot like while they were opened 50%, the projectiles would have 50% chance to hit the door normally and so on. All corpses or objects would block it to be closed again.

Here is the basic function of a door in Duck Game. (Of course they wouldn't need to close themselves)
► Show Spoiler
Different projectiles would deal obviously different damage. When broken, they should drop some debris or a custom broken door piece.
► Show Spoiler
2 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Pricey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 pm

I like the ideas of doors and also thought of a Duck Game-esque door system for SFD. However could these ideas not all be compressed into one type of door? An old wooden door really isn't necessary when all projectiles can go through it anyway. The same goes for the titanium door, I can't exactly picture Alley becoming Fort Knox anytime soon. Most of the doors you have suggested are just getting in the way of the game, however with a few tweaks a door could definitely be implemented. Perhaps being open/closed at will? Using chair legs to barricade doors? Doors would also absorb most low-calibre bullets (pistol, uzi, most automatics, etc.) but bullets from that of a sniper/magnum would pierce through the door.
2 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Superfighter Royale
SFD Account: Motto73
SFD Alias: Motto73, Pack-Man!
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Well yeah, the idea of doors in short is to get on the way. I made a (bad) Superfighterish visual concept gif for the doors.
► Show Spoiler
1 x