Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Kill Icons

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
DippyDaDewott
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just a guy who loves SFD.
SFD Account: RealDippyDaDewott
SFD Alias: (SPZ)DippyDaDewott
Started SFD: 1.1.2 Around september 2012
Kill Icons

Post by DippyDaDewott » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:10 am

What i mean by kill icon is like this:
(USERNAME)(GUN IMAGE)(USERNAME)
i just think it would be a nice edition like any other fighting game with guns.
0 x
"I've never saw a greater example of horse shit then real fucking horse shit."

TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1

Post by TimeWorker » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Some times you kill some one but they say i no no you did not . And sometimes someone type or afk kill you but you dont know who did it and sometimes we are playing with teams and if he died and we was shooting at same time he thinks we killed him.

So i want a info about how they died or something just like how they tell ln GTA it would be easy then.
4 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:53 pm

TiMEWoRKER wrote:Some times you kill some one but they say i no no you did not . And sometimes someone type or afk kill you but you dont know who did it and sometimes we are playing with teams and if he died and we was shooting at same time he thinks we killed him.

So i want a info about how they died or something just like how they tell ln GTA it would be easy then.
I found stuff in the projectile section. There was a owner for each projectile. This may be used in Scripting in the future.
0 x

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Some scripts have writting on the bottom of the screen which says who died and some funny death quotes. I would like some more complex stuff example "velociraptor killed time worker "
"Time worker killed time worker"

Or maybe even name the weapon they killed the person with?

Idk if this is something that is hard to do but it will be a great addition to the game.

Also for where this ^ should be is probably in the bottom right and has a feature which can turn it 0n/0ff if you like
0 x
im back guys!!!!!!

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:18 pm

As raptor said, an option to turn this off, and it would probably be better if it was at the top right like we are all used too.

I can already imagine this feature being implemented; TimeWorker ┻̿═━一 Raptor
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:27 pm

SFD isn't about getting a kill score or kill/death ratio. Providing this information will make players focusing on getting final kills with direct hits rather than indirect kills like shooting a nearby barrel to make it explode in someone's face, set something on fire or generally using your environment. We have said this before at some point.
2 x
Gurt

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Gurt wrote:SFD isn't about getting a kill score or kill/death ratio. Providing this information will make players focusing on getting final kills with direct hits rather than indirect kills like shooting a nearby barrel to make it explode in someone's face, set something on fire or generally using your environment. We have said this before at some point.
But Wait , Will We Get The Ability to Know "Who Killed Who" Through Script API ?

it doesn't have to be for making a kill score , it could be very useful for other stuff too ...
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 am

Raptor wrote:Some scripts have writting on the bottom of the screen which says who died and some funny death quotes. I would like some more complex stuff example "velociraptor killed time worker "
"Time worker killed time worker"

Or maybe even name the weapon they killed the person with?

Idk if this is something that is hard to do but it will be a great addition to the game.

Also for where this ^ should be is probably in the bottom right and has a feature which can turn it 0n/0ff if you like
I have made a script that works with quotes (but for some reason they have deleted it from sfdmaps). It had an random comment with "velociraptor killed time worker ", which worked randomly. It picked the player who died and some of the players still alive. If you were last, it said "Time worker killed time worker".

At the moment accurate way to tell the weapon and the killer is not possible. We can only pick like the closest player and his weapon. Then we can display this with a popuptext.
Gurt wrote:SFD isn't about getting a kill score or kill/death ratio. Providing this information will make players focusing on getting final kills with direct hits rather than indirect kills like shooting a nearby barrel to make it explode in someone's face, set something on fire or generally using your environment. We have said this before at some point.
Even if it's not gonna be a feature, Could it be avaible by scripting?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41&start=20#p6932
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:31 am

Off Topic
Motto73 wrote:I have made a script that works with quotes (but for some reason they have deleted it from sfdmaps).
It was deleted because you updated it, bumping it back up to the top of the page, without ever mentioning what was changed. It's not the first time you do it and I can't keep babysitting you like that. I've waited 2 days before finally taking it down. Too bad you can't be reached neither on SFDMaps nor the Discord server, as I have tried contacting you multiple times. You also never check your own content, apparently, since you never saw my comment asking you to provide a proper changelog for the entry. Sad.
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:01 am

KliPeH wrote:
Off Topic
Motto73 wrote:I have made a script that works with quotes (but for some reason they have deleted it from sfdmaps).
It was deleted because you updated it, bumping it back up to the top of the page, without ever mentioning what was changed. It's not the first time you do it and I can't keep babysitting you like that. I've waited 2 days before finally taking it down. Too bad you can't be reached neither on SFDMaps nor the Discord server, as I have tried contacting you multiple times. You also never check your own content, apparently, since you never saw my comment asking you to provide a proper changelog for the entry. Sad.
Sorry for updating it many times, but i have so limited connection to the web that i never know when I can do it again. And I didn't update them for getting them upward. Of course I want them to be in beautiful row with my ocd. My parent's don't lent me do anything that has something to do with games. I have to steal wifi where I can, so please don't be mad :(
0 x

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

There is a game on 2 player games website

It is called http://www.twoplayergames.org/Gun-Mayhe ... m/709.html

Gun mayhem and on the top right it shows who killed who and stuff? If maybe replicate this to be posibble?
1 x
im back guys!!!!!!

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:39 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
you must be knowing this or not if you already played counter strike. It looks like this :

pic

Sorry the image was big so its in url

it just notifies who killed who with symbol of gun used to kill the person. it appears at the top right of the screen.

Thank for reading this
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Illusion
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Endless

Post by Illusion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm

This woud be nice, instead of a skull getting shot could be a miniature of the weapon used to kill the player like:

Venom killed Illusion using {mini-katana}

Could be to much to some PC's to render, 'cause i have seen every type of potato running SFD, could be a ON/OFF option.

I really would enjoy something like that in the game
0 x
Are you sure that you saw me here? Illusion#0770

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Venom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Illusion wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm
This woud be nice, instead of a skull getting shot could be a miniature of the weapon used to kill the player like:

Venom killed Illusion using {mini-katana}

Could be to much to some PC's to render, 'cause i have seen every type of potato running SFD, could be a ON/OFF option.

I really would enjoy something like that in the game
Thanks for reply! and its not like Venom killed Illusion using {mini katana} , its like :

Venom {mini katana facing right} Illusion

something like that. also check out the pic i attached to the post. And yes there should be an ON/OFF option for its display. Thank you for expanding the idea.
0 x

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Illusion
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Endless

Post by Illusion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Venom wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm
Thanks for reply! and its not like Venom killed Illusion using {mini katana} , its like :

something like that. also check out the pic i attached to the post. And yes there should be an ON/OFF option for its display. Thank you for expanding the idea.
You're very nice sir, I liked this way too, we already have all the images just need write that down on a code, could be a script couldn't? If someone can do this would spare time for the programmers, there must be a way to make this through script
0 x
Are you sure that you saw me here? Illusion#0770

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Venom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Illusion wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm
Venom wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

You're very nice sir, I liked this way too, we already have all the images just need write that down on a code, could be a script couldn't? If someone can do this would spare time for the programmers, there must be a way to make this through script
Eh me sir? im 14 and you're 19 xd but thanks a lot im learning C# right now just know some newbie programs and stuff like Hello world xdd
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Illusion wrote:
There's currently no way to detect the "owner" of a projectile (a bullet, a fire particle, an explosive barrel) and in turn no way to know who killed who. This has been discussed a few times already but I wasn't able to find a thread to merge this one with so this'll stay as is.

The term you're looking for is "kill console", FYI.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm against the idea. Being told "someone killed someone" isn't really necessary in a game where death is so easy to come by. It also means the player needs to be more alert to know who's still alive or in the game. I know I've had teams on and looked around in a panic for someone that was already dead - I should have paid more attention, I might have been able to save them.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Venom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:06 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm
Illusion wrote:
There's currently no way to detect the "owner" of a projectile (a bullet, a fire particle, an explosive barrel) and in turn no way to know who killed who. This has been discussed a few times already but I wasn't able to find a thread to merge this one with so this'll stay as is.

The term you're looking for is "kill console", FYI.
Thanks for giving the term "kill console".
0 x

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Venom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:55 pm
I'm against the idea. Being told "someone killed someone" isn't really necessary in a game where death is so easy to come by. It also means the player needs to be more alert to know who's still alive or in the game. I know I've had teams on and looked around in a panic for someone that was already dead - I should have paid more attention, I might have been able to save them.
You're right but the kill console also keeps tracks about how many kills are done by one person
0 x