Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Enhancements in player visualization

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Enhancements in player visualization

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 am

My suggestions are simpler than the title I used for this thread (it does not make justice to the ideas but I'm too tired to try find some better), one consists of removing the arrows we see when a player is outside the camera borders when the SetNametagVisible command is set to false.

Also I was thinking of a way to see teammates through foreground tiles, a bit like a wallhack but only you and your teammates will see it.
This could unlock some kind of custom modes like "hide and seek", "guards and thieves" and so on.

While I'm talking about this I could even think the possibility to have individual views for each player view (like if you're the only player in the map with dynamic camera enabled), but I doubt a bit that it will be considered, since the camera system was recently overhauled and turning back to change it could be a pain in the ass.
10 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
FG meaning Foreground tiles, if you've never encountered these tiles before in the game FG tiles are in front of all other tiles and can cover other objects up, including you, which in my opinion, is a problem that (I believe) can be easily fixed.

If the title didn't already give it away, an outline around your character when entering FG tiles would be a great solution, a white outline of your character that only you can see will help greatly in accurately navigating areas covered up with FG tiles.

Yes, I know that the nametag can be seen through FG tiles but, like I said, an outline would help greatly in accurately navigating such areas, meaning you wouldn't be blind to whatever your character is doing behind FG tiles, allowing you to shoot out more accurately and know whether you're grabbing a ledge or just scraping along the wall, on top of that, mapmakers can remove name tags and render you completely blind behind FG tiles.

It's a small, quality of life feature that'll help when mapmakers want to make hiding spots that they expect you to shoot out of, and to just generally polish the game, really.
Last edited by StarNord on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm

This idea is not bad, it is amazing, there is nothing to say, it will just be very convenient
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Hamurlik wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm
This idea is not bad, it is amazing, there is nothing to say, it will just be very convenient
What the heck. It’s such a minor suggestion why did you gas it up so much lol. Yes it is a good idea.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong? Is what the OP suggesting is a little outline when the FG time is infront of the player (ie in a vent)
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Pretty similar to a suggestion I once made in this thread, not entirely identical because I also talked about other couple of things together. Needless to say I would really like to see that added. :)
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Off Topic
JakSparro98 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 pm
Pretty similar to a suggestion I once made in this thread, not entirely identical because I also talked about other couple of things together. Needless to say I would really like to see that added. :)
Only noticed this now.
Merged.
0 x