Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New Move Idea - Kip Up

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
New Move Idea - Kip Up

Post by btelchi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Here is a move that was never suggested before (as i know) called "Kip Up". Kip Up is a move you've probably seen in many action movies, or maybe even in real life. It is used to get up fast or sometimes even for counterattack.
Here is a GIF showing what i mean.

This move will be used after a player falls down after beeing grab-thrown, or punched 3 times. So, after you fall down, you can choose either to roll back after being thrown and run, or counterattack and keep fighting your own risk.

Kip Up
+It can help you counterattack.
+Can be done instead of rolling after falling.
-It can be used to counterattack, but nothing else.
-You can be hit while kipping up.

Specialities: After the kip up, you will hit your enemy with your legs which will make him fall and push back a little (Just like the jump kick, as a counterattack). It can't be done unless you fell to the ground.
1 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Post by JBT » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:30 pm

I don't think it should knock down if it's a move to be done off the ground, maybe just stagger instead. You would also have to make it a bit riskier in exchange for it being a flat improvement to your fighting playstyle (If you aren't gonna run away). I think you should be knocked back onto the ground and take fall damage if you are hit during this, though that could have been implied and I may just be silly. Otherwise, what button would this be bound to?
0 x
► Show Spoiler

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 pm

JBT wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:30 pm
I don't think it should knock down if it's a move to be done off the ground, maybe just stagger instead. You would also have to make it a bit riskier in exchange for it being a flat improvement to your fighting playstyle (If you aren't gonna run away). I think you should be knocked back onto the ground and take fall damage if you are hit during this, though that could have been implied and I may just be silly. Otherwise, what button would this be bound to?
It would be the [KICK] button by default, after you are knocked down. Also you CAN be hit while doing this and i mentioned it.
0 x

JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Post by JBT » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:49 pm

I wasn't saying that you hadn't, I was saying there should be an even greater penalty than just taking damage for risking this. Maybe you would have to hold the kick button so that if you fall, instead of having a gate where you can kip-up after .x seconds, you have to hold s for .x seconds and if you start charging later it'll perform the ability later.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 am

Well, this would be a good idea. But now that i think about it. Why would anyone use roll anymore if they could just attack immideatly? Pretty much what you are doing here is making it even more harder for players to protect themselves. Lets say that a pro player who had joined the server has been grabbed and thrown on the ground by a player who is average at the game. The pro player uses "Kip Up" and hits the player. Now the pro player kicks the average player, so that he doesnt do the "Kip Up" move. And now the average player is getting beat up just beacuse he couldnt do one move and that move is "Kip Up". Im pretty sure average players would most likely use "Kip Up" beacuse it is a very good move to block an enemies attacks and damage an enemy. But it will still be overused beacuse this attack can be so OP in so many situations. And beacuse the move is so OP most players will stop using roll and will always use "Kip Up". Example: You are on Subway and an enemy is trying to throw you off the cliff but he pressed the wrong button and you are still on the railing. And now he is going to try to kick you off the railing so you can fall on the ground and get crushed by the train. But oh no! You use the "Kip Up" attack before he even does anything and now he is kicked off the railing and is crushed by the train. Or here is another example: You are playing on Alley and you were hit and you fell on the ground. Now the enemy is calling the elevator and is going to grab you and throw you under the elevator. But oh no! You use "Kip Up" and you hit the enemy and he gets crushed by the elevator. See what i mean by OP? This move can be used in so many different ways that it can make the move OP. Beacuse if this move is added to the game and it never gets nerfed. Then "Kip Up" will be the grabs move smaller cousin. Thanks for reading!
0 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Presentionus wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 am
Well, this would be a good idea. But now that i think about it. Why would anyone use roll anymore if they could just attack immideatly? Pretty much what you are doing here is making it even more harder for players to protect themselves. Lets say that a pro player who had joined the server has been grabbed and thrown on the ground by a player who is average at the game. The pro player uses "Kip Up" and hits the player. Now the pro player kicks the average player, so that he doesnt do the "Kip Up" move. And now the average player is getting beat up just beacuse he couldnt do one move and that move is "Kip Up". Im pretty sure average players would most likely use "Kip Up" beacuse it is a very good move to block an enemies attacks and damage an enemy. But it will still be overused beacuse this attack can be so OP in so many situations. And beacuse the move is so OP most players will stop using roll and will always use "Kip Up". Example: You are on Subway and an enemy is trying to throw you off the cliff but he pressed the wrong button and you are still on the railing. And now he is going to try to kick you off the railing so you can fall on the ground and get crushed by the train. But oh no! You use the "Kip Up" attack before he even does anything and now he is kicked off the railing and is crushed by the train. Or here is another example: You are playing on Alley and you were hit and you fell on the ground. Now the enemy is calling the elevator and is going to grab you and throw you under the elevator. But oh no! You use "Kip Up" and you hit the enemy and he gets crushed by the elevator. See what i mean by OP? This move can be used in so many different ways that it can make the move OP. Beacuse if this move is added to the game and it never gets nerfed. Then "Kip Up" will be the grabs move smaller cousin. Thanks for reading!
That's kinda the point. Kip up should save you in such situations you mentioned. Altho it would not be that op, since the time player get's up is 1.5 sec (i think), so even if you manage to kip up, your enemy would probably still be far away.
0 x