Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Suicide.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Suicide.

Post by Evilsack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Alright, this is a game; It's bound to have loads of bugs. Although Gurt is trying to rid of them and Zyfex is (hopefully) reporting the ones he finds, we can get stuck in some retarded ways. There are numerous ways suicide would help. I mean... I can't think of any situations but ya'know typing /kill and instantly dying would be terrific. I guess.
3 x
-Evilsack

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 pm

► Show Spoiler
Evilsack wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 pm
I mean... I can't think of any situations but ya'know
What's the point then?

I mean, I too would like this to exist, as a host/mod exclusive command, but let's call it what it is - dicking your friends over to spite them because you get salty and need to blow steam off. I'd gladly kill people with commands for the hell of it from time to time, not with the indirect "your opponents now have health and zookas" but in the "here, fuck you" way. I genuinely think it'd be funny, as long as it's not terribly abused. I don't think letting people decide when to die on their own should be a thing, though. That's unfun levels of salt.

The only situation in which this works is when you get stuck in the ground/perpetual fall animation, but then there's always that kind stranger who graciously volunteers to finish you off.
3 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Although that'd be fun. Abuse exists.
What I mean is that the player executes the command. Let's say you're stuck, you type /kill to kill yourself. This is more of a "There's no mod" kinda thing, as /gameover exists but players can't execute the command. Well, that can be abused too. Although it has some positives, the negatives may outweigh them. [Edit] The command should only work on the person executing the command. So if a jackass wants to try something funny he'll have quite the surprise.

Also, I've seen situations where people have been stuck in walls and the floor and aren't able to be killed or escape. So the game can only end if /gameover is executed or if someone dies. /kill would essentially be a gameover for players but it wont affect everyone. By that I mean, the purpose of the command is to end a game, but if someone chose to use /kill at the beginning of a game they would die and the game would continue
Last edited by Evilsack on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
1 x
-Evilsack

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Wat even.
I want to keeeellllll them meself.
0 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

This is a very good idea. It would come in handy if there's a badly scripted adventure map, or no host/mod is around. But my only question is, Will there be an animation for it?(specifically weapons) For example, If you have a handgun in your slot so you could shoot yourself, Or you have a katana and conduct sepuku? or you sallow a grenade? Just an idea.
1 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:49 pm

The problem is, if you're in a situation where you're stuck how would such an animation play? That also seems like a lot of work for something that could just be simple and useful. I didn't post this on the "Suicide Act" thread as I felt that we had different reasons for suicide in the game.
0 x
-Evilsack

Adry
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Punisher
SFD Account: Adry
SFD Alias: Adry
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6

Post by Adry » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 am

I think if they used your idea the right way they could do something really cool. For example: you have a grenade and you were killed, it would be nice to be able to detonate it shortly after falling. I imagine situations in which you are on the verge of death and kill yourself, thus leading your enemy. It would be pretty cool.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 am

How do you detonate a grenade that hasn't been primed? Maybe the window in the animation where you drop. But even then, that's not what I'm trying to put across here. I'm saying there should be a way to kill yourself quickly in order to keep the game going smoothly. Sometimes certain things happen and the only way to continue playing is to end the game.
0 x
-Evilsack